• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

If the BRONCO didn't exist?

RebelRider

Loc.
Sturgis, Mississippi
55-57 Chevy with Napco 4x4. I've got a 3/4 ton 56 GMC with a 58 chevy cab and nose and a 73+ stepside longbed that's partway through being converted over to 4x4. The 270ci six and SM420 are coming out and I've got a Cadillac 500 th400 np205 combo to go in. Need to find a PTO for the np205 to keep the PTO winch powered. Or find gears to swap the chelsea reversible pto from the sm420 on to the transfer case.

I don't like the dual headlights and grille of the 58-59's so it would be an early one. 5 window of course, can't have too much glass in a cab.

Heard that... I like the 59 model Gmc personally:cool:

hucklburry rev2

I would still have this if not for the Bronco. I sold this to buy my Bronco and spent all my familys money trying to make it as capable as my jeep was.
IMG_1695.jpg

Henry

Do you realize your EB is heavier duty and more capable stock, than the jeep was? Unless you upgraded the jeep with lockers, etc., then thats not a fair statement!

1970mule

Bronco Guru
there are a few. I like the scout 800b, or a 72 landcruiser, or landrover defender, big dollars on that one.

I also like the mercedes mini mogs. they are super cool

Last edited:

broncnaz

Bronco Guru
Well luckily if they never made the bronco then we wouldnt know what we would be missing. For me I would have either a 1942ish Ford GPW. or a Ford MUTT. Of course I would also have a Ford 4x4 pickup most likely a 78/79 model or earlier.

Hank_

Bronco Guru
Do you realize your EB is heavier duty and more capable stock, than the jeep was? Unless you upgraded the jeep with lockers, etc., then thats not a fair statement!

Yes I upgraded the jeep. It was stock when I purchased it and put on the lift, 35" tires and lockers front and rear. Still had the dana 30 up front though. I know I will be very happy when the bronco is done. ;)

Henry

HoosierDaddy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I'll catch flack over this, but the only thing I ever enjoyed as much, was a 69 K5 Blazer. A "little" big for the woods, but it would go anywhere it would fit.

I'll second that. My first 4x4 was an 88 K5 Blazer , I still miss that truck at times ... not over the bronco mind you.

hawkgt

Loc.
Leesburg, VA
I love my 99 4runner as a daily driver and I would probably still be saving for a defender 90 and then be broke and not able to work on it.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk