• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Bronco Round Up *Pics Start on Page 26!*

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ok, who has new mods to the truck this year?

Mine will be long arms, 4 link rear, Fuel Cell, new Roll Cage and seats. Maybe power brakes.

I replaced the belt tensioner pulley on my OBA.
%)

Seriously, my junk hasn't been touched since last year..but I'm looking forward to watching my son wheel his 'new' '76 half cab.;D

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
For this year. Just a couple things. Axles, suspension, power train, roll cage will be new additions. And some body clearancing. I'm just going to borrow tires:-X

Engine is just sitting in it with the transmission bolted up. I'm on a roll.:eek:

Allen the race is on...

chris

No more Rock Crawler
For this year. Just a couple things. Axles, suspension, power train, roll cage will be new additions. And some body clearancing. I'm just going to borrow tires:-X

Engine is just sitting in it with the transmission bolted up. I'm on a roll.:eek:

Allen the race is on...

My money is on you, Allen is a slacker! ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru

After everyone did all that work to Allen's rig while i slaved over a hot pig cooker..he better have that thing at the Roundup..;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And that pig was delicious Bill! Oh, and the work on Allen's bronco was awesome too.

Here's a couple pics of the engine replacement in process. Don't have a decent pic of it finished yet, will get that this weekend.

Attachments

• HPIM2931.jpg
    HPIM2931.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 24
  • HPIM2939.jpg
    HPIM2939.jpg
    151.3 KB · Views: 20

allenfahey

Bronco Guru

I just finished my brake lines today. Working on the recentered Hummer rims next. Almost had a score on a roll cage, I was a day late on a great deal :cry:

The roll cage is going to take the most time and money. I'm plugging away at it.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I just finished my brake lines today. Working on the recentered Hummer rims next. Almost had a score on a roll cage, I was a day late on a great deal :cry:

The roll cage is going to take the most time and money. I'm plugging away at it.

Hang in there Allen - You can do it! ;D

chris

No more Rock Crawler

You can ride with me, my new cage will have extra head room for you tall guys in the back! ;D

Allen, we know you can do it. Is there something holding you up that you need help on?

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Ok, who has new mods to the truck this year?

Mine will be long arms, 4 link rear, Fuel Cell, new Roll Cage and seats. Maybe power brakes.

Since last year I already have my rear inboard shocks installed. I plan on getting done at least some of the following -

* Front AWS shock towers (F250 type)
* Painless wiring harness install
* New front clip installed
* Floor shifter and floor emerg brake handle
* Front cage kit
* Hydro boost
* New paint . . . OK now I'm dreaming . . . actually anything after the shock towers is probably dreaming! ;D

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
* New paint . . . OK now I'm dreaming . . . actually anything after the shock towers is probably dreaming! ;D

LOL..My list included:

*rear anti-wrap link fab and install on the D60
*rebuild steering box and get hydro assist mounted
*replace both mashed front fenders and repaint

So I started it up ...replaced the squealing idler pulley on my York..and declared her fit for Roundup.;D Heck, that list will work for next winter too...:cool:

nhopman

I put some air in the right front tire - it was flat %) Also instaled a tranny cooler I've had for more than a few months.

As you can see it's been a real productive winter ;D

Nick

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
My list included:

1. Fix the stocker
2. Break the stocker
3. Sell the stocker
4. buy new project
5. Be in the US for the MEB Roundup

All five pegged baby!

Now we will see how quick I am with the new project.

TM Toys

Loc.
Barboursville , VA
WOW all this talk about what you're been doing , or want to do to your rig .. Man I had to sale mine back in Nov., and have been heart broken ever since..

My list is short and sweet , I wish I had my 68 back.. ..:cry:

ransil

Bronco Guru
My list;

Paint & install door inserts
Install soft doors
rebuild tranny
install rebuilt tranny
inspect/fix clicking sound in front axle
install hydro boost
rebuild steering column
install rebuilt column

iwlbcnu

Bronco Guru
Well, I have to buy a batt for the trail rig, my daughter says we have to take hers too this year, so I swapped out the Victor for a Weiland Stealth, sent the headers back to Jet Hott for warr, and swapped out the C4 valve body. I doubt I get anything else done.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
My list is....

recenter my Hummer rims
get tires
roll cage and tie to frame
install seats to cage
weld up exhaust
bleed brakes
fab and install anti-wrap bar
shifter covers
fab a rear bumper
bleed the PS/hydroboost
install window frame
install grille, fenders, and hood
finish Centech wiring in the windsheild frame and grille

Find the money to do all this:) Since I haven't worked a full day at work in a few months I have time but no funds.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
My list is....

recenter my Hummer rimsOk, got to do that
get tires Definatly need those
roll cage and tie to frame Roll Cage yes, tie into frame next year
install seats to cage Naw, next year
weld up exhaust Open headders and ear muffs
bleed brakes Might be handy
fab and install anti-wrap bar Stay off the hills
shifter covers that an easy one
fab a rear bumper Why, you going to back into something?
bleed the PS/hydroboost Ok, you need those
install window frame Next year
install grille, fenders, and hood Why, they just get all dented up at Gore
finish Centech wiring in the windsheild frame and grille No window frame no wiring

Find the money to do all this:) Since I haven't worked a full day at work in a few months I have time but no funds.

Hey I just cut your time and money requirements in half!

Brawnko

Loc.
Mechanicsville
My list is too long so I'll do like the last few years and just bring all the parts with me and fix things as they break :cool: