• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Bronco Round Up *Pics Start on Page 26!*

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
great! love soggy wet seats....in the truck that is....

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
From the way I've seen you drive, will the sanding job really make a diff after a day of wheeling? I swear I've never seen a straight panel on it.

I resemble that remark! I can say it now has all the trail rash and dents removed. Are all the panels straight? Depends on how you define straight. Perhaps a bit wavey is more accurate! ;D

Looks like everyone is doing stuff at the last minute.

Tasker, all I've got now is a bikini top, too. A little rain will help keep the dust down, but I sure don't want to see a downpour!

Last edited:

nhopman

You all need to quit using the "R" word.​

Of course, I did seal up the back window of the camper shell, so I should be leak free - just in case.

All this work on rigs going on at the last minute makes me feel like I need to keep checking mine even though I've basically been done for weeks :cool:

I checked tires and lubed the trailer bearings this weekend, all I really need to finish up is check fluids, air up the tow rig tires, pack up and hit the road.

I'll be pulling out of the Greensboro area early Wed. will catch I-81 in Roanoke, VA, and run that to Gore. I should arrive at the campground around 1:00 - 2:00

ransil

Bronco Guru
I think I'm ready.

RV is almost packed, Bronco should run,I need to put a rain coat on the EFI computer and zip tie it back to the dash, so it does not get wet, left my trail cover at Drew's last week.

Tools and spare parts are almost loaded.

BMC's "Hecho en mexico" block is on the trailer

Nick- I loaded the bikini top..

j.blakeslee

Bronco Guru
Loc.
NASSUA NY
I think I'm ready.

RV is almost packed, Bronco should run,I need to put a rain coat on the EFI computer and zip tie it back to the dash, so it does not get wet, left my trail cover at Drew's last week.

Tools and spare parts are almost loaded.

BMC's "Hecho en mexico" block is on the trailer

Nick- I loaded the bikini top..

Randy, please dont forget the Astro Hydro boost, proportioning valve & MC $50 and power steering bkt. thanks jay

97XEB

More new guy questions...

Besides my online receipt... what do I need to bring, or will I get something in the mail that confirms I'm registered and all signed-up, along with meal and raffle tickets, etc.?

If I convince someone to come with me, how can I purchase a meal ticket for them? If I convince someone to come, we're probably getting there late Friday instead of Thursday...

kimba5977

Loc.
Ohioville, PA
Hey Judy, Im so excited to know that there's a possibility of thunder showers cuz it wouldn't be a trip for the Breckenridge family without them. Scottie won't be making the trip this year (he's disappointed bout that) cuz of a work trip to Arkansas or Alabama (one of those A states). His Bronco really looks great too since hes got actual paint on it. Oh well, that's more rain for us. hehe

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Besides my online receipt... what do I need to bring, or will I get something in the mail that confirms I'm registered and all signed-up, along with meal and raffle tickets, etc.?

If I convince someone to come with me, how can I purchase a meal ticket for them? If I convince someone to come, we're probably getting there late Friday instead of Thursday...

You won't get anything in the mail, just check in at the registration tent when you get to the campground (after paying at the camp office for camping or day use fee). You will get the goodie bag, free t-shirt (if you registered before 1 June) and your meal tickets and raffle ticket. If someone comes with you they can buy a meal ticket at that time also.

Additional raffle tickets will be sold on Saturday during dinner right up until time to start the raffle. Lots of merchandise will be available for sale as well.

No problem with questions, just ask them before we all leave home on Wednesday. After that our ability to access the internet will be very limited.

wpaeb

Loc.
Clarion ,PA
Quote:
Originally Posted by cesco View Post

front locker/gear install
make front and rear shock mounts DONE
track bar and steering DONE
need to install the knuckles and all the brake stuff
run new brake lines DONE
needs a gas line and tank put in DONE
install rear axles (he had to pay saturday delivery to get them here)DONE
put in a really nice red cage (it's my old one) It's setting in there
weld beadlocks on wheels and mount the tires DONE
install driveshafts 1 in 1 to go
come up with a front bumper to mount his winch DONE
rear bumper is optional at this point DONE
mount the passenger's seat
seat belts
plumb the steering and hydro stuff DONE
weld the rear quarter panel back on DONE
put in the front grill DONE
cut out the fenders on the front
do something for an exhaust Have appt Tuesday

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I will be at the Round Up for all three days with the wife and kids but unfortunately my 77 did not make it this year.
I am down to wiring, fuel and break lines and she will be on the road. I have a few more weeks to go.

If anyone has an extra seat you can show me what I can look forward to.

I may even trailer it up on Friday or Saturday depending on the weather just to show my progress.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I will be at the Round Up for all three days with the wife and kids but unfortunately my 77 did not make it this year.
I am down to wiring, fuel and break lines and she will be on the road. I have a few more weeks to go.

If anyone has an extra seat you can show me what I can look forward to.

I may even trailer it up on Friday or Saturday depending on the weather just to show my progress.

Getting a seat should not be a problem. Find me before or during the driver's meeting and we'll hook you up with someone.

Bring the Bronco on up if you can - I am sure lot's of people will like to see it after reading about it here! ;D

eb66to77

Bronc'Ownly
Loc.
NOVA
I am down to transmission, roll bar, soft top. Need to install the trans. Finish welding the roll cage and put a coat of rust bullet on it. Install the soft top. Doesn't seem like much but I come back the day before the roundup. I gots a few helpers coming though as soon as I touch down.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Thanks Gary. I will look for you when I get in.

I will check the weather and bring her up on Friday or Saturday if I dont have to put the top on. Its only about an hour drive for me.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Well, Sunday morning I decided to REPAINT my trail rig. (Can you say dumb-a$$ decision?) It's now in the garage still all masked up. :( Needless to say it did not get the proper sanding job it deserved. I am almost afraid to look at it in the sun! I may still be putting parts back on it up in Gore . . .

(All I can say is that it's going to look different!) ;D

Gary,
I did the same thing on Saturday. I wanted it in one color and planned on just a coat of sealer on it. Decided on a quick paint job. It's sanded good just not straight and bunch of dirt. I finished painting the roof and hood this evening along with picking up a trailer at Lou's. http://www.classicbroncos.com/forums/showthread.php?t=141948

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO

L&D's Broncos

Roundup Bound!

We've had very few RU's without some rain during the course of 4 days. There will be a huge 40x60 tent for all the meals and raffle so come on!! As bmc69 said, the standard forecast around here is "chance of rain" each day, that way the weatherman is never wrong.

Seems that has been the deal at every event I have been to this year,.....
At Grayrock it would set in and storm EVERY night after midnight with high wind and tons of rain, then by 6:00 am it would break and clear. But it made all the 2-3 trails into 10's!:eek:
This past weekend it rained hard on us traveling Wednesday night, with hail and flooding then Thursday it fell a flood late afternoon then again Thursday night late high winds and tons of rain. NONE Friday and just a sprinkle Saturday afternoon. Perfect, but trails that are normally dry had like rivers running down through them and the breakage shows. Doc broke ring & pinion Friday afternoon then I changed left side front inner 35 spline 60 on Thomas's rig, which lower rattle rock promptly broke the right side by 10:00 am Saturday.......just to keep us trained in quick change.
But we are RE-loaded, RE-stocked and RE-fueled for this weekend. And Vendor's trucks are safe Gary! One is about 1/2 way there and other leaves Wednesday night, hopefully! I asked Greg Baker to put me in touch with the weatherman he used for Bama'Brawl!:cool:
I'll see everyone Thursday.......... 4 days of Bronco's then 3 days of work then 4 days of Bronco's I don't think I can stand much more......;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Judy, Im so excited to know that there's a possibility of thunder showers cuz it wouldn't be a trip for the Breckenridge family without them. Scottie won't be making the trip this year (he's disappointed bout that) cuz of a work trip to Arkansas or Alabama (one of those A states). His Bronco really looks great too since hes got actual paint on it. Oh well, that's more rain for us. hehe

Kimba-we ordered the rain especially for you! Sorry Scottie won't make it, Jeff told us about his painted rig in Carlisle 2 weeks ago. See you real soon!