• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Fawl Crawl - Harlan, KY - PICS START PAGE 5

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Announcing the the 2010 Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos Fawl Crawl on Friday-Saturday October 15-16. This will be the 4th year at Black Mountain ORV Park in Harlan, KY. If you have not been there it's a great place to wheel with local community support for off-roading. Over 7,000 acres accessable and 200 miles of trails!! The trails range from scenic park roads to as hard core as you want to get. More information will be posted the MEB website. The Harlan County Trails website has more information on the area and places to stay.

We'll be staging the trail rides out of the Putney Trailhead / Harlan County Campground. Trail rides both days will line up about 9:00 a.m. and ready to leave about 10:00.

A use fee permit is required and is available as an annual permit for $35 or a 31 day permit for $20 - all fees go to improving the trail system, maintenance and trail signs. MEB will not be collecting any event fee.

Come join us if you can! This is a low-key event where we try to get in as much wheeling in 2 days as we can!

Here are some pics from last year's Fawl Crawl at Black Mountain.

Attachments

• DSC03590.JPG
    DSC03590.JPG
    64.4 KB · Views: 70
  • PA090094.jpg
    PA090094.jpg
    134.7 KB · Views: 74
  • PA090097.jpg
    PA090097.jpg
    121.3 KB · Views: 66
  • PA090101.jpg
    PA090101.jpg
    161.6 KB · Views: 74
  • PA090105.jpg
    PA090105.jpg
    166.9 KB · Views: 76
  • PA090113.jpg
    PA090113.jpg
    196.9 KB · Views: 72
  • DSC03427.JPG
    DSC03427.JPG
    91.3 KB · Views: 69
  • PA090096.jpg
    PA090096.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 59
Last edited:

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Announcing the the 2010 Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos Fawl Crawl on Friday-Saturday October 15-16. This will be the 4th year at Black Mountain ORV Park in Harlan, KY. If you have not been there it's a great place to wheel with local community support for off-roading. Over 7,000 acres accessable and 200 miles of trails!! The trails range from scenic park roads to as hard core as you want to get. More information will be posted the MEB website. The Harlan County Trails website has more information on the area and places to stay.

We'll be staging the trail rides out of the Putney Trailhead / Harlan County Campground. Trail rides both days will line up about 9:00 a.m. and ready to leave about 10:00.

A use fee permit is required and is available as an annual permit for $35 or a 31 day permit for $20 - all fees go to improving the trail system, maintenance and trail signs. MEB will not be collecting any event fee.

Come join us if you can! This is a low-key event where we try to get in as much wheeling in 2 days as we can!

Here are some pics from last year's Fawl Crawl at Black Mountain.

A great event for trail rigs, fellowship and all around good times. Wow, GG, my pas. door is still straight in that pic!!!!! Hope folks will consider making the trip to Ky. For those who have not been, but have run the harder stuff at Tellico- multiply the number of obstacles by oh, say, at least 7, 4-6 hard lines are within a mile of each other with a "gravel, wide road" connecting them.......worth the trip.
Thanks for posting the announcement.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
trying to save some cash for the trip...its not cheap coming from chucktown! ive never been...im trying!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will you be there Karl?

We'll be there. As kb and Scoop stated, this is a great place to wheel. The campground owner told me they will have new showers and laundry facilities open by this time in October.

cesco

I hope to be there. It is expensive in fuel to go but worth it!

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
*sniff* You guys are killing me. Counting down to about 3 months left before the docs sez I can go play on rocks with my truck again.

2011 is going to be our year. 2010 I live vicariously through pics taken by others.:-[

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Karl, yup - no dent!

Here's a video for ya. Commentary by ?????

Last edited:

is_wiz

Loc.
Leesburg, VA
I'll definitely be there. Can't wait. Gonna rent a trailer though to pull it. I drive it on four hour drives all the time. But six-seven is a bit much. And then I don't have to worry about it breaking down on the trail and not being able to get it home.

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Will you be there Karl?

We'll be there. As kb and Scoop stated, this is a great place to wheel. The campground owner told me they will have new showers and laundry facilities open by this time in October.

Yep, we are looking fwd to the event. My ranger "twin" tore his down after we got home from Gore and "upgraded" some stuff, so this will be the first big event for us since Gore-We have two local runs coming up in the next couple of weeks. Hopefully, both rigs will be in one piece for Harlan.

Scoop-The pas. door had a close encounter with a log in Gore, this June-Dents are better than broken parts which we have had the past two Roundups :)

BMC-We will miss you-looking fwd to seeing you back on the trail in your super eb trail rig :)

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Karl, yup - no dent!

Here's a video for ya. Commentary by ?????

That little water fall deal is usually wet, muddy and many times, water actually running down it. That will be totally different this fall as it was part of the KOH qualifier in Aug, race course. There are some vids on youtube of that little spot during the race-people went more to the drivers left, rolled over the bank, flogged on their stuff etc.............
Good spot for Krawlers. :)

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
so if i get there, i guess i wont be seeing the stretched eb karl? i cant wait!

kb6677

Contributor
Bronco Guru
so if i get there, i guess i wont be seeing the stretched eb karl? i cant wait!

"Retired"- We take it to Sonic on the weekends for a Sonic Blast-Still gets some snow runs-more last winter than usual :)
Hope you can make it-a great place to ride!!!

nhopman

I missed it last year. Looking forward to being there this year.

Hopefully they can get the new shower facilities up and running by that time.

Nick

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I missed it last year. Looking forward to being there this year.

Hopefully they can get the new shower facilities up and running by that time.

Nick

Nick, glad you can make it this year. It was driving yours on Lower Rock Garden 2 years ago that got me really wanting efi. Last year I still didn't have efi and had to bail out of LRG about half way up due to carb issues - that sealed the deal for efi! So I'm really looking forward to LRG this year!! ;D

Talked to Steve at the campground and he told me the same thing he told Judy - the new facilities should be ready.

BTW - if anyone is looking for a low-mileage 460 complete engine Steve has one for sale. So come to the Fawl Crawl and go home with a new motor! :cool: If anyone is interested call Steve at Harlan County Campground (link in post #1) for details and price.

dirtwheels

I remember that! I think it was a couple of years ago on the last hill climb of the day. I plan on making it also this year .

ransil

Bronco Guru
just installed my RCV axles, need to get brake lines, touch up some paint ( sprayed spots on the rusty spots until I ran out) gonna get the new goodyears on and I'll be ready to go.. ;D.

any one need some swampers , little bit of dry rot most hold air for awhile 1 makes it about a week. ;D

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
just installed my RCV axles, need to get brake lines, touch up some paint ( sprayed spots on the rusty spots until I ran out) gonna get the new goodyears on and I'll be ready to go.. ;D.

any one need some swampers , little bit of dry rot most hold air for awhile 1 makes it about a week. ;D

Those tires should have been red-neck flower pots YEARS ago! ;D

Hey Randy, I finally fixed that dent in my tail gate from where you rear-ended me last year. ;)

ransil

Bronco Guru
Those tires should have been red-neck flower pots YEARS ago! ;D

Hey Randy, I finally fixed that dent in my tail gate from where you rear-ended me last year. ;)

I finally cleaned the silver paint off my bumper & winch.
I'll watch my driving this year.

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I would like to come to this event, but my EB is not near ready for the hardcore wheeling yet. Hopefully next year if financially everything works oout. I am wondering if there are some light wheeling/trails in the area too for us without the awesome offroaders. I am not scared about a scratch or dent, but not really set up for what I see in the pics. Maybe I can just come hang out, and get some passenger seat time with someone else.