• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

MEB Round Up! June 23-25, 2011 - Pics Start Pg 24

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Camping Option

SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IN POST 42 BELOW

MEB has teamed with Road Trip Rentals for a great deal on camper rentals for the Roundup in June. Road Trip Rentals is offering a nicely discounted price of $105 per night (3 night minimum) which includes delivery to the Cove Campground, set up, and pick up after the event. The option of camping at the Cove rather than go to a hotel each night will save the cost of fuel and give you money to spend on raffle tickets and your bronco! Plus you won't miss out on the bonfires, commraderie and the stories about what happened on the trails each day.

Contact Warren Keely at Road Trip Rentals for all the details. You will make all the arrangements directly with Warren. See the website below for more details on the campers and decide which one is right for you. Share the cost with a couple friends and everybody wins. You can also see the details on the MEB website by clicking on the Roundup link then click the camping option.

Go to: www.roadtriprentals.biz or call Warren Keely at 703-753-4477.

Thanks to Judy (Pearlcoat) for doing the leg-work to set this up! ;D

Last edited:
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Camping Option Update

Road Trip Rentals has finalized the arrangements with the Cove and here are some clarifications.

** Persons wanting to do this should contact the Cove to reserve their campsite and will need to pay the event camping fees directly to the Cove.

** The Cove will only allow the rented campers to reserve sites at Camp 1 with electricity, and currently there are 11 sites available.

** The Cove will not allow any "dry" camping at non-hook up sites for these rented campers.

** These site are first come, first served - so even if you are coming in your own RV and want a hook up site at Camp 1 you'll need to reserve it soon.

Please note that MEB has no other involvement in this other than helping make it available as another option for accommodations.

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
Thats a great idea! If I still had my 2 car trailer I'd be 100% in on that deal.

SEE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION IN POST 42 BELOW

MEB has teamed with Road Trip Rentals for a great deal on camper rentals for the Roundup in June. Road Trip Rentals is offering a nicely discounted price of $105 per night (3 night minimum) which includes delivery to the Cove Campground, set up, and pick up after the event. The option of camping at the Cove rather than go to a hotel each night will save the cost of fuel and give you money to spend on raffle tickets and your bronco! Plus you won't miss out on the bonfires, commraderie and the stories about what happened on the trails each day.

Contact Warren Keely at Road Trip Rentals for all the details. You will make all the arrangements directly with Warren. See the website below for more details on the campers and decide which one is right for you. Share the cost with a couple friends and everybody wins. You can also see the details on the MEB website by clicking on the Roundup link then click the camping option.

Go to: www.roadtriprentals.biz or call Warren Keely at 703-753-4477.

Thanks to Judy (Pearlcoat) for doing the leg-work to set this up! ;D

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
I am all registered, camp site booked for the RV and time off work set.

Now I just need to sell my long tube headers that interfeer with my new long arms and replace them with a new set.
Every project comes with unplanned items. I am a project manager for a living and things still pop up and get me.

The wife wants to bring her Polaris 4 seater and do some wheeling on the ATV trails. Now how am I going to pull an RV, Bronco, and a Polaris?

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
So Franko, what on the vehicle requirements are you lacking? Last full pic I saw of your rig it didn't have a roll bar or cage - other than that it looks pretty well built! :cool:

If it's just the roll bar and you can't get one before June, have one delivered to Gore and we can have an installation party! You can get one from Gordon or Suzy would probably bring you one. And Krawler's Edge makes an awesome single hoop (Ben's Stretch has one IIRC) if you're not looking for a full cage. Hey, we can make it work! ;D

THANKS for the encouraging words !!!

i have a rool bar ( 4 -point) sitting in the bronco for the last 8 months now , just have not found the time / made time to bolt it in !!!

that isnt the big problem ....
what i need is :
* new seats w. seatbelts *first & 2nd

options:

1, dif, gears w. lockers

2, ( per David ) my 4:10s , w. new 203/205 and welding !!!
doing all that w. a swap to d60s / 10 bolt would be optimum yet time consuming !!!
w, easter & memorial day weekend + 2 weekends in Europe ... that leaves me w. only 4 weekend to wrench !!! hmmm

and now after meeting you ....

If Bax showes up you can count me in for the event !!! i let you know w / wo Hilda !!!! ;) ;D
Franko

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Typically, When the wife says you're going somewhere, you're not supposed to follow up with "YES!!!" and a fist pump... :p

We changed our reservation so we're driving down the morning of the 22nd (hopefully arriving much less than 15 hours later, like last year) and will be all set up that night.

Count me in for any setup needed on the evening of the 22nd (once the RV is set) and the morning of the 23rd unless something keeps from getting there in good time...

englewoodcowboy

Lick Creek Restorations
Scoop, Broncitis, Met you both @ SC this year and I had a great time. I want to go to your event as well but I need power to camp... (small business that I need i-net and power to stay in touch as needed) Are there sites available with power/water for the tent campers? What do I need to do to make arrangements there? I don't have a running bronco yet and I am trying to convince Blue71 to go with me and he mentioned getting his orange crawler going and I would tow it up... Fill the newb in please...LOL

What kind of cell coverage is there? I have verizon...

ransil

Bronco Guru
Scoop, Broncitis, Met you both @ SC this year and I had a great time. I want to go to your event as well but I need power to camp... (small business that I need i-net and power to stay in touch as needed) Are there sites available with power/water for the tent campers? What do I need to do to make arrangements there? I don't have a running bronco yet and I am trying to convince Blue71 to go with me and he mentioned getting his orange crawler going and I would tow it up... Fill the newb in please...LOL

What kind of cell coverage is there? I have verizon...

cell coverage is poor to bad, we have to wonder around at the main camp to get a call and hope it is not dropped. all carriers the campground is in between 2 mountains.

There are cabins to rent, one is way up on the mountain it may have a cell signal.

you should be able to rent an electric site at camp 1 , not sure they have water at all the sites, you should call & reserve before they are gone.

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Sponsor Update - more great stuff!

The generous sponsorship for the Roundup continues. Each of these sponsors gives great support to the Bronco community so please thank them when you call to place an order.

Tom Wood Driveshafts - www.4xShaft.com
Stone Crusher Steering - www.stonecrushersteering.com
Nick's Trix - www.nickstrix.com

Raffle tickets are available to purchase online when you register as well as during the event.

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
cell coverage is poor to bad, we have to wonder around at the main camp to get a call and hope it is not dropped. all carriers the campground is in between 2 mountains.

There are cabins to rent, one is way up on the mountain it may have a cell signal..

Verizon signal is very strong 'up top'. Up at the shooting range, for example, its usually all bars showing.

Just FYI.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
Verizon wireless is the best there but there are a few low spots.

As I remember there are three water hook ups in camp site 1 but you cant stay hooked up to them as they are shared. Better bring a 100 foot hose if you want to top off a fresh water tank.

Pearlcoat

Bronco Guru
Another Sponsor Update

There is cool stuff coming in every day. These very generous sponsors are continuing to support the Roundup.

www.jamesduff.com
www.broncodesign.com
www.goodyear.com

Remember to ask Duff's and Bronco Design to deliver your pre-paid order to the Roundup, and place your order soon while they still have space available on their trailers.

jsnouffer

Contributor
I'm set now... time off work is approved and camp site/RV from Road Trip Rentals reserved.