• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2009 MEB Round Up June 19-20 - SAVE THE DATE!

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
The main differences between the Marriott and HI Express are: 1) HIE has free breakfast, Marriott is $10 per person; 2) Marriott is about 3 miles closer to Gore.

Otherwise both are clean, comfortable hotels, comparable prices too. I've stayed at both.

kimba5977

Loc.
Ohioville, PA
Hey Pearlcoat we are soooooooooo looking forward to our 2nd year @ the round-up. We had such a great time last year and can't wait for the street cruise. We decided to extend our vacation to include a trip to Ocean City, MD in the Bronco after we leave the round-up this year. We also just wanted to let you know that Mark already has his ANACONDA repellent packed so he won't forget it. IS IT JUNE YET???

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Pearlcoat we are soooooooooo looking forward to our 2nd year @ the round-up. We had such a great time last year and can't wait for the street cruise. We decided to extend our vacation to include a trip to Ocean City, MD in the Bronco after we leave the round-up this year. We also just wanted to let you know that Mark already has his ANACONDA repellent packed so he won't forget it. IS IT JUNE YET???

Kimba, I can't wait to see all the Breckenridge family again this year! Last year's cruise was a blast. I'm glad Mark has the ANACONDA repellent because we are actually camping at the Cove this year (in an RV) and I might need it. Last year one made its appearance when we were cleaning up on Sunday, and I freaked! See you in June.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Kimba, I can't wait to see all the Breckenridge family again this year! Last year's cruise was a blast. I'm glad Mark has the ANACONDA repellent because we are actually camping at the Cove this year (in an RV) and I might need it. Last year one made its appearance when we were cleaning up on Sunday, and I freaked! See you in June.

Judy, Not to worry - I've got volunteers arranged to dig a mote around your RV to keep the snakes out! ;D

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
This is a snake that don't exist at Gore..... according to John from Big Dogs:)

Attachments

• P1040021_00.jpg
    P1040021_00.jpg
    116.9 KB · Views: 21

yellow69

Loc.
HAGERSTOWN, MD
I used to guide the big dog events at gore trust me there are rattle snakes there. I have seen quite a few close to camping areas

broncokak

Bronco Guru
When I went to Paragon for the 40th they made quite a deal out of the possible rattler encounter. In fact the trail leader would always yell "Check for snakes" when we got out of the broncos on the trail. The warning would get passed on down to the rear of the group. I asked if they had snake at Gore and they said, ya...but you hardly ever see them. I saw one at Paragon but that was because people were looking for them. I guess I'd rather know they were there and steer clear then hardly ever see one and get bit so we just took it apon our selves to look when we got out.

av8rds

MAhole!
Loc.
2300 mi East of Moab
Yeah there was one on a ride I went on in Paragon. Everyone was going to look at it and some guy was letting his 7ish year old kid poke it with a stick, it was a smaller one but none the less. I was less than impressed.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Oh yea, we saw a rattler on our trail ride.

Bill, I had one of the radios with me and heard the chatter about the "sighting" on the trail that day. I was VERY glad I was on a different trail. When our group stopped to hike a little distance to an overlook, I stayed right next to the bronco. You won't see me walking around in any woods unless its winter time.

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Oh yea, we saw a rattler on our trail ride.

One of our guys almost sat down next to it until he heard a strange rattle sound.

Attachments

• DSC02463 (WinCE).JPG
    DSC02463 (WinCE).JPG
    29 KB · Views: 16

broncokak

Bronco Guru
The one we saw at Paragon was on the rattle snake trail...go figure! It was up on a rock and just slithered under the edge of it until everyone passed by. If I remember right they posted a person near by to tell people to stay away. It's not like there are going to come after you...I'd just be careful when walking and keep your eyes and towards the ground.

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
I have been to gore the last two years. I didnt see any snakes. I fogot to look for them. I hate snakes more than cats. ;D

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Gore had a lot of bee's nests in the ground. I found one, got stung 4 times...

horsewpt69

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Industry, Pa
So I guess we should not mention the bears? ;D

Or a much smaller scale animal, tics! Geez, I hope a little thing like mother nature doesn't scare anyone away?!;D Good thing the dominent creatures there, on that weekend are horses! winneee!;D