• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

migs' build thread - A 1970 Bronco ...an ever evolving project

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I dop have an engine stand, but as for Pete's monster hoist... I don't think I'm ready to become care taker of that thing!;D

dave67fd

Bronco Guru
I can bring it over...Only problem is I don't have anyone to help throw it in my truck now that my son moved out. Don't mind bringing It back but need help taking it back off. I should buy a hoist for the hoist;D and yes it could use it's own garage;D

Pete, you have memmory issues as to where it is? Didn't think you wanted to get rid of it that bad;D

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
I have one as well and I believe that it might actually still be at Dave's since it is much easier to store there than here...;D

I have an engine stand as well taking up space in my shed.

I dop have an engine stand, but as for Pete's monster hoist... I don't think I'm ready to become care taker of that thing!;D

On a serious note, I can swing by and help load and drop off. When you are done B, I can take it back.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!

The legs on my hoist fold up if that makes it any easier. Are we starting to sound like we want a wrench-a-que or what?

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
OK, what do you want on the menu? I'll let the chef know...

...I should just give you guys keys to the garage that way I don't even need to be there to get stuff done!;D;D

fatboy

Contributor
Glad to be here.
Loc.
New Hampshire
...I should just give you guys keys to the garage that way I don't even need to be there to get stuff done!;D;D

I am not sure that I would trust some of these characters with keys and no supervision. Just sayin...;D

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
all's good... the smart ones know how to get stuff done without getting their hands dirty:cool:

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
so, got some new guts today to mix with the old guts and finally put this front axle back together....

Attachments

• photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 47
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    107.3 KB · Views: 47
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 52

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
What getting things done, or getting dirt hands? ;D

My stuff eventually gets done. I'm just not smaaaht enough to get someone to do it for me or rich enough to pay someone else to. (;D) Plus, my hands have permadirt.%)

Brian, how can it be taking shape if your ripping things OUT???

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
Hmm... good point Art, but I don't know any other way than taking em apart!;D
maybe once there's nothing left to take apart I'll figure out how to go the other direction.?:?;D

Look! took more things apart tonight:p

Attachments

• photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    101.8 KB · Views: 55
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 55

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Aw man, just put the do-ma-gigy, between those shims and then put the thing-a-ma-bob on the shaft beside them and pour some oil on it and you're good to go!!!!%):eek:%)

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
those directions make no sense Ben, I no understand words and letters.... me only read pictures!;D

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I had a little time tonight to install the do-ma gigy into the thing-a-ma-bob.;)

pretty easy install. I did have to grind a little clearance on the carrier to fit the second middle piece through, but it didn't need much. the hardest part was installing the springs, but using a small screw driver to compress them made it simple enough.

Attachments

• photo8.jpg
    photo8.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 47
  • photo7.jpg
    photo7.jpg
    87.6 KB · Views: 49
  • photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 52
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 48
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    83.8 KB · Views: 43
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 44
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 42
  • photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 47

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
I had a little time tonight to install the do-ma gigy into the thing-a-ma-bob.;)

pretty easy install. I did have to grind a little clearance on the carrier to fit the second middle piece through, but it didn't need much. the hardest part was installing the springs, but using a small screw driver to compress them made it simple enough.

Yeah, I forgot the need for the small screwdriver!!!%)%)%) Good job and great pics!!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
migs

migs

Sponsor/Vendor
Bronco Guru
I finished buttoning up the front axle today. the bearings were still good so so just new inner seals and pinion seal, then bolted the ring gear back on the carrier and reinstalled the gear set and cleaned up and painted the yolk.

Attachments

• photo6.jpg
    photo6.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 38
  • photo5.jpg
    photo5.jpg
    91.7 KB · Views: 38
  • photo10.jpg
    photo10.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 39
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg