• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

OCBR 2015 hotel update

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Hopefully they'll be in the pokey for a while. Cooking meth in the woods behind the KI, but were keeping supplies and the finished product in one of the unused rooms. A motel patron watched them go back and forth from the motel to woods, became suspicious and called the PD.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
im still bringing sheets.

I think I would brother, lol

Hopefully they'll be in the pokey for a while. Cooking meth in the woods behind the KI, but were keeping supplies and the finished product in one of the unused rooms. A motel patron watched them go back and forth from the motel to woods, became suspicious and called the PD.

Oh Snap.. Mudd coulda handled em w/his CCW :D

Prizefighter

Bronco Guru
I wasn't sure what to think of the KI this year with it being my first time but my brother and I had a good stay. It's an old hotel that won't ever be nice but is cheap and did what we needed it to do; gave us a decent place to sleep close to the park for an inexpensive price. The guy who checked us in was professional and it went smooth.

Plus there were a lot of cool people there :cool:;).

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I wasn't sure what to think of the KI this year with it being my first time but my brother and I had a good stay. It's an old hotel that won't ever be nice but is cheap and did what we needed it to do; gave us a decent place to sleep close to the park for an inexpensive price.

Plus there were a lot of cool people there :cool:;).

Nothing like the parking lot parties of previous years. Maybe the regulars will hibernate back there in 2016 :)

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
There was a murder at one of the other hotels, I think it was Red Roof Inn on Friday night, no murders at Knights Inn I am aware of this year %)

And we had a great stay there ourselves :cool:

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Same here. The rooms were cleaned every day. I like the fact we have plenty of room for trailer parking with party area. There was even a large enough area we used for after trail repairs. Having the Duff's stop by for a showing of the LED lighting was a bonus. Thanks Suzy & Mike!

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
a couple of issues - but once spoken too about it - was made right and the rest of our stay was smooth. I spoke at length with Charles and he has told me that now that the owners are pretty much retired they have given him more leeway in getting things done. Obviously can't paint rooms when folks are in them. but we will see how it goes between now and then. As has been said - it is an older facility and hasn't been kept up the way it should. The one thing Charles would really like is some housekeepers that know what to do and how so if anyone knows of anyone looking for a job that lives in H.Spgs or close ......

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I personally have never had a issue with Knights Inn, I was not staying there this year but returned every night for the party. One night we still left there at 2 o'clock in the morning on our way back to camp. All of the three hotels that are in question are all about the same rate as far as I am concerned. They are all a cheap place to stay for the night, I heard comments from many people about the "quality" of stay at the other to mention hotels as well. It sucked this year having all of the parties separated and not centrally located. I hope we can change this for next year and do one of two things, everyone stay at the park and have the party there at the pavilion, I don't think there's any rules saying that we cannot. Or everyone returns back to the Knights Inn for a centrally located party.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wonder what JW has to say?

The only way I will ever spend the night at Knights Inn again would be if I was passed out in the parking lot after the parking lot party.
I'm done with them, and told them so. Also told them I was one of the ones trying not to leave. Oh well, they did it to themselves. It's a shame because they have the best parking and outside area for us.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
The party separation sucks. For years others have chose to stay elsewhere, that's always been a choice. Until this year, there hasn't been a "don't stay there" thread along with the normal OCBR thread. As I stated before, I didn't stay at the Knights Inn this year, however I didn't make a stink as to why or why not. Circumstances this year with the motel definitely changed things. I'm sure next year the construction workers will be gone, the same bugs will still be living under the beds at all 3 hotels and they will all be owned by a non-American speaking person.

To each is own as to where they plan to sleep..... I just hope to have the parking lot party fun of the years in the past. I think we should respect the effort put forth by the OCBR volunteers to make special accommodations at whatever hotel they have chosen to be the "main" hotel.

JWMcCrary

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nobody has more respect for the OCBR volunteers than me. However, the Knights inn will never get another nickel from me without pointing a gun to my head.

YellowBronc

Bronco God
Nobody has more respect for the OCBR volunteers than me. However, the Knights inn will never get another nickel from me without pointing a gun to my head.

...and they're just the hotel to do it! Well.........The Red Roof can accommodate the gun thing too I hear. LOL (To soon?)

YellowBronc

Bronco God
The party separation sucks. For years others have chose to stay elsewhere, that's always been a choice. Until this year, there hasn't been a "don't stay there" thread along with the normal OCBR thread.

To each is own as to where they plan to sleep..... I just hope to have the parking lot party fun of the years in the past. I think we should respect the effort put forth by the OCBR volunteers to make special accommodations at whatever hotel they have chosen to be the "main" hotel.

I can totally understand where you're coming from Dave. I also missed the big crowd at the Knights. It was still a blast non the less, but more the merrier. I never had a problem with where people stayed and I've never had bad enough problem with Knights to shun them the rest of my time. I probably don't give them a chance to disappoint me as I only use the room for a shower and a bed (as long as it's a king). The reason I like Knights is out of the three hotels mentioned, they are the only ones with trailer parking in their lot. For me, it works out better if the trailer is at the hotel than at the park.

And like you said, even if you stay at one of the other numerous hotels, stop by and lets all enjoy the OCBR festivities at one place. I usually only see a large majority of you guys once a year.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
And like you said, even if you stay at one of the other numerous hotels, stop by and lets all enjoy the OCBR festivities at one place. I usually only see a large majority of you guys once a year.

Exactly what I was getting at Don. It can be at Knights Inn, the pavilion at the park or wherever. I feel wherever the OCBR discount is.... Is the "official" hotel of OCBR, therefore we should gather there. Or am I wrong?

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
If I remember correctly, the Roadway didn't have enough parking for someone the last year we stayed there. The manager or someone told them to park in the street..... Not a place I would give my money too either. Like Don said, I use it as a place to take a shower and a couple hours of sleep....

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
I couldn't agree more with David and Don, and I haven't missed an OCBR since my first in 2002 :cool:

astark

Contributor
Bronco God
And I hope that the division I saw creeping in this year for the first time will be short lived and long gone before this incredible event is contaminated further ;)

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
The only way I will ever spend the night at Knights Inn again would be if I was passed out in the parking lot after the parking lot party.
I'm done with them, and told them so. Also told them I was one of the ones trying not to leave. Oh well, they did it to themselves.

I thought you did stay there some JW.... I thought I seen your truck parked there one night with the bronco loaded up?

Buldozer

Bronco Virtuoso
Loc.
God's Country
And like the others, our room was great for $40. Clean towels everyday and beds made when we came back and the air was ice cold at night. But all we did was shower and sleep like others. We spent our time at the park or in the parking lot until after midnight every night! ;)