• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Ocbr 2015 official info thread

Yeller

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Rogers County Oklahoma
I am still planning an easy day excursion on Wednesday leaving at 9:00am from the ORV park. It will include a drive to Lake Catherine State Park with a fairly mild 2 mile round trip hike to a waterfall, probably a few easy dirt roads, a lunch stop and return to the ORV park to end with a mild, easy trail ride. This will be open to anyone that wants to go and all except the trail ride will be comfortably doable in a rental car.

This is not an official part of the event but will be fun and provide something different that I want to do

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Are there any other cruises planned for Thurs-Saturday?

Ksm

Bronco Guru
Well, I was thinking of getting there by Thursday lunch time. I can just wait until Friday and do one of the easy trail rides if there is nothing planned.

OP
OP
2Broncos2Go

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
Over the last couple of years - the 'Cruise' has subsided....
You have to apply to the City - get a permit & pay cop to
hold traffic. permit was $250.00 about 3 yrs ago. The place
we used to go eat had went down hill. So when Smokin in Style
helped us out with a Thurs dinner and the Randi & Jimmy have
concession on Friday the cruise stopped - also in part to folks
trying to keep up, make lights, or a left turn and getting out
of the heard.

Steve I think it's awesome that you are offering this up for others
to join you! Thank you!!

now, excuse me, I have work to get done tonight.
;D
p.s. - y'all need to find those stamps....and if you have an extra, make
a deal with Nyles!! %)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Well, I was thinking of getting there by Thursday lunch time. I can just wait until Friday and do one of the easy trail rides if there is nothing planned.

Aheem. Tues, Wed. :)

Ksm

Bronco Guru
I'll try to get another day. ;) Besides, I need time to go visit Boggy Creek while I'm in your neck of the woods.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL. We'll have all.the trails checked, warmed.up by Wed afternoon. :)

NGABronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
N. GA now South Carolina
Over the last couple of years - the 'Cruise' has subsided....
- also in part to folks trying to keep up, make lights, or a left turn and getting out of the heard.

Yeah, bax and I got so lost, we ended up on the Southwest side of HS, following some guy that was more lost than we were!!! But it was FUN!!!!;D;D;D

OP
OP
2Broncos2Go

2Broncos2Go

Bronco Guru
If you haven't read the post I put on OCB facebook pg - please
check it out. Kevin has wheeled with the Outlaw bunch - Dave Williams etc. I'm pretty sure that Kevin's rig was jeep - but I want this to be a reminder to all for OCBR - SEAT BELTS/HARNESSES and if you're getting a little 'brassy' find a helmet - the park has rentals! A young wife and mother lost her life earlier this year - in a rig with an awesome cage....donut in parking lot - WITHOUT SEAT BELT cost her her life - missing her are her husband and young daughter - PLEASE FOLKS....use your safety equipment! So glad that Kevin and his wife did or this could have been much much worse!

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
KSM, what boggy creek are you speaking of?? Around hot springs there are rocks and gravel...no boggy creeks..

Boss Hugg

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hmmm.... I'm about 40 miles from Fouke. The most interesting thing you'll see there is the cult church (remember the Tony Alamo?) which used to be guarded with firearms from a water tower.... In other news, I bought a modified 5th wheel camper there once...a tree had fallen thru it. I'm gonna build a toy hauler from it one day. Funny part of that story is that there was another trailer the same make, model, and year and in great condition that came up on Craigslist two days after I bought this one and it was located about two miles from where I bought mine... And the owners didn't know each other.

Last edited:

Ksm

Bronco Guru
KSM, what boggy creek are you speaking of?? Around hot springs there are rocks and gravel...no boggy creeks..

I guess it's sorta on the way to the park. I haven't been to AR before so I figured, while I'm up there and if there isn't a cruise planned for Thursday....

Thanks for the head up about the church! I'll just stick with stopping by the big monster themed store there.

See y'all at the dinner Thursday night ;)

NYLES

Bronco Guru
Wow! Thursday we gonna cruise, yea man all dadgum day up n down the trails of superlift, Your butt gonna be so tired a ridin you gonna wanna get out stretch ya legs n chill!

To be honest with ya OCBR is a damn blast in itself aint no time fer other things unless you just up n cut out the crowd n go do it! Or plan on coming early or leave late your coming to the where to be in Arkie that weekend.

Ill be in Murfeesbro AR couple days before the show this year wifes gotta find more diamonds, for those that have never been diamond hunting its ONLY in Arkie. Going back this weekend. Here a pic of proof!

Attachments

• diamond.jpg
    diamond.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 31

NYLES

Bronco Guru
You know where Im talking bout! What I wanna know is if that creek past the park has a swimming hole and if its open to the public? I seen it one trip when I followed Carl to his house to use his welder.