• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Official Dash Diagram Thread

House

Minutia Militia
To keep up on my unofficial official threads, here is my latest project to help the masses:

edit: Trying to get the photo to post correctly, please bear with me. PM me if you need it...

Attachments

• Dashes.jpg
    Dashes.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 117
Last edited:

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Nice. I think '66 warrants it's own diagram though, no brake warning light.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
One more thing. Heater was optional in '66. Not sure when it became standard equip.

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Excellent. Again there are some late 72s that cross over. The late 72 shown below P89543 has the 73 and later dash light bars, as well as the Ranger interior and power steering, but T-shifter.

Attachments

• 72_P89543.jpg
    72_P89543.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 176
OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Agreed. I would just consider that the 73 style dash...
I guess I could say LATE LATE 1972-1973 Dash Layout...?;)

Rustytruck

Bronco Guru
My 1974 has explorer emblem on the glove box door. There is also a footwell light under the dash on the passengers side.

Thanks for putting in the time and effort for all of us.

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Does anybody have that courty light at the bottom of the dash I never seen that.
I hve had a 76 mad have a 77 and the light were on the top.
I going to look for some wiring see if it is under there
Thanks for the pics

MarsChariot

Contributor
Planetary Offroader
Loc.
Albuquerque, New Mexico
Definitely a late late 72. It had an October stamp on the door VIN decal. Meanwhile I had a 73 that also had an October build date, autp, PS, and T-shifter.

OP
OP
House

House

Minutia Militia
Does anybody have that courty light at the bottom of the dash I never seen that.
I hve had a 76 mad have a 77 and the light were on the top.
I going to look for some wiring see if it is under there
Thanks for the pics

This is what the lamp looks like. If the consensus is that they were only on the
earlier years I will remove it from the later ones.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    71.6 KB · Views: 94

spap

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thanks House if I remembethe is an empty pigtail next too the r that I could never. Figure out what it went to. I'll see if I can. Find it. Def. no light that's for sure

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
This is what the lamp looks like. If the consensus is that they were only on the
earlier years I will remove it from the later ones.

The map light was part of the convenience package at least up to '73 and the factory wiring diagrams show it though '76. Don't have a diagram for '77.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Thank you. This will be useful trying to sort out my crazy dash.

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
My 66s have a fomoco emergency flasher light under the hazard pull knob.

eaglenest66

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Hey Chris, this is awesome!! Want to mention an oddity for the flashers in '66 broncos. As of part of last week and this week, I have been trying to chase down a ghost in my dash as the flasher lights will not activate until I pull the flasher switch out and trip the turn signal lever the same time. Go figure! Anyways, I just realized there are three sets of flasher setups for the '66s.

All my early '66s (Sept. '65s) that have flashers have the matching emergency warning light right below the switch. And the bezel around the switch is very plain looking (1st. pic). And then the later '66 I am working on has a flasher switch with a scripted bezel and no light below (2nd and 3rd pic). Also, there is a third version - switch only with plain bezel and no light(4th pic). A new one on me today! Keep up the good work! Don't mean to chew up space on your thread. Just making a new discovery on my part and I could not help myself! tim

PS. So I took new pics as I can't seem to get the first ones removed. The bottom three correspond below the pics above.

Attachments

• IMG_4853.jpg
    IMG_4853.jpg
    72.7 KB · Views: 84
  • IMG_4850.jpg
    IMG_4850.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_4635.jpg
    IMG_4635.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_4852.jpg
    IMG_4852.jpg
    53.8 KB · Views: 77
  • IMG_4856.jpg
    IMG_4856.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4855.jpg
    IMG_4855.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 74
  • IMG_4857.jpg
    IMG_4857.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 83
Last edited:

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
And this may not matter in the overall scheme of things, but just so you're aware, in mid-'74 when the 4-way flasher switch started appearing on the steering column, early models still had the original dash-mounted switch as well.
So if you're of a mind, you could give '74 it's own dash, or match it to the '73? Maybe list it as " '73 through late-'74" or something like that.
Just not really sure when the exact change came about where the dash mounted switch disappeared.

If I remember correctly, some members here with that combination have said that in those cases both switches were functional.

We have not tracked down precisely when the dash mounted switch disappeared, and whether it was a running change or if it was at the distinct break between '74 and '75.
But I'm pretty sure that early '74's were all the same as the '73 dash. Since the change to using a horn relay and the column mounted hazard switch did not happen at right at the model year changeover.

And why we have nightmares about sending customers the right parts for a '73, '74 or '75 steering column!

Paul

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Hey Chris, this is awesome!! Want to mention an oddity for the flashers in '66 broncos. As of part of last week and this week, I have been trying to chase down a ghost in my dash as the flasher lights will not activate until I pull the flasher switch out and trip the turn signal lever the same time.

Troubleshoot for no power to the hazard flasher circuit.