• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Potential Mass Buy on Hunsaker Seats

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
whats the difference if they sell me the seats or you become a dealer? Just seems like more work for you to become a dealer??

In some ways it is more work for me to become a dealer, but in the long run the pricing for all of us is better and it helps me out as well. Kind of like a bunch of years ago I set up a mass buy on Moser axles to get Chuck set up as a dealer. Moser has a pretty good buy-in requirement and everyone got a good deal once the initial buy-in was exceeded.

Since I retired from the Army (Aug '06) my dream has been to do EB stuff all the time and this helps it come true and keeps the tax man happy since it shows business expansion, etc...
Joe

RadioFlyer

I am interested in a pair of Icons... What is the latest on this? The original thread was posted December 27th. Are we close to a deal with Hunsaker?

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
The latest is I'll be the dealer for the mass buy and I'll get the info posted in the Vendor/Mass Buy forum as soon as it's finalized. That's going to take a few more days, but I'll get it there as soon as I can. I can say pricing would be around the "free shipping" mark, potentially even better.

The Holidays has pushed everything back a bit since the owner and manager were on vacation till this past Monday. I also have to check/get a list of what's currently on the shelves.
Joe

Last edited:

davebonnie

Loc.
Spring Hill, FL
Joe,

I am interested in a set of Synkros. Please let me know what the progress is on the seats. Also I am in Florida, don’t know how that my affect the shipping or pricing. If you could keep me informed I would definitely appreciate it. You can send me a PM or I can continue to watch this thread.

Thanks!

Dave

Tuck

Any news? Considering the Icons with brackets...

Thanks for trying to work this out.

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Yeah, any updates? Gettin antsy...

Guys, I'm really sorry this hasn't happened yet, but it's really beyond my control. I've called them a bunch of times, almost to the point of being a PIA. OK, if someone was calling me as often as I'm calling them then it would be a PIA; however, by now I would have done what I needed to accomplish.

I'm going to give them the rest of this next week and if we can't get this underway, then I feel I'll need to cancel and see if we can't take our business elsewhere.

They make a really awesome seat, but have issues with what they euphemistically call "customer service".

This week I will be a PIA and call them twice daily till THIS squeaky wheel gets some oil!!!
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Joe, check out PRP, they make custom sized rear bench, and have kids sizes...
Casey

Casey, thanks, but I have both the Hunsaker Synkros and some PRP daily drivers and the Synkros beat them, hands down. Seriously, apples and oranges and they're about the same price.

Did you check out the Synkros in the BBB at the RMR?

BTW, my "kids" are big enough to need "real" seats now, sad, but true. My 15yo Daughter is 5' 9" and 135#.
Joe

Last edited:

GaBronco

Loc.
South Ogden
I always thought PRP made some good stuff, im interested in these seats and now even more so since you say they are better than the PRP's. Could you give more details other than the price of why they are "hands down" better?
Thanks!

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
Could you give more details other than the price of why they are "hands down" better?

1. Memory foam on the seat where it touches your body. If you have used any memory foam product you know how supportive, yet compliant it is.
2. Recline, the PRP daily drivers I have do not recline. Sometimes I just like to change body position a little bit.
3. Sliders, the sliders are included so you can change the position of the seat, without having to pay big $$ for the sliders.
4. Vinyl, I find it's a much sturdier construction than the cloth seats, aka PRP.
5. Actually less expensive, always a good thing!
Joe

bigjake

Loc.
Denver
Please PM with pricing info when you get your paperwork figured out with them... Jake

trlblazr

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Mesa AZ
Guys, I'm really sorry this hasn't happened yet, but it's really beyond my control. I've called them a bunch of times, almost to the point of being a PIA. OK, if someone was calling me as often as I'm calling them then it would be a PIA; however, by now I would have done what I needed to accomplish.

I'm going to give them the rest of this next week and if we can't get this underway, then I feel I'll need to cancel and see if we can't take our business elsewhere.

They make a really awesome seat, but have issues with what they euphemistically call "customer service".

This week I will be a PIA and call them twice daily till THIS squeaky wheel gets some oil!!!
Joe

Get any oil yet?

drscotch

Loc.
Edmonton, Alberta
1. Memory foam on the seat where it touches your body. If you have used any memory foam product you know how supportive, yet compliant it is.
2. Recline, the PRP daily drivers I have do not recline. Sometimes I just like to change body position a little bit.
3. Sliders, the sliders are included so you can change the position of the seat, without having to pay big $$ for the sliders.
4. Vinyl, I find it's a much sturdier construction than the cloth seats, aka PRP.
5. Actually less expensive, always a good thing!
Joe

I'm intereste in a pair. Their website lists a "brackets" option but you say the sliders are included. What are the brackets for?

Thanks

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
The brackets lift the seat/sliders off the floor of the vehicle. Not generally needed on an EB, unless you're "vertically challenged".
Joe

OP
OP
rjlougee

rjlougee

Bronco Guru
OK, the squeaky wheel got some oil. Seems like the boss was out sick for the last week and my email addy was written wrong for them to send me the docs. Got them today and will have a new add up in the Vendor forum in the next couple of days.
Joe