• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Roll Cage Options? Lets see some pics

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego
I will be getting my 77 bronco soon hopefully but my friends dads 74is almost done and we are looking into cage options. Was hoping those with cages would post pics of their builds so we can see all the options. A cage can make or break the look of the bronco.

Thanks!

67RT

Bronco Guru
So how many hours to put together a kit cage, say the Toms 6 point family cage. Mainly just the part that I have to pay someone to do (welding). Mock, tack, and weld. A full day?

To the thread owner, what are you leaning towards? Full, tie ins? Is it going wheeling or street only?

Blue Bastard

Bronco Guru
The kit I used(broncobob) comes already fit on a jig tacked together and marked. Then they break the tacks loose and ship. It's kind of like a puzzle that is marked. You can see how it is labeled and all you need to do is center it in the marks they made for you. Some little tweeks need as we all know no two Broncos are exactly the same
It took about 6 hours to weld and fit and drill the cage. I was lucky to have a buddy that is a welder for a living that helped.
a0fc281c2cc7ced371fe2d76ab2b4e40.jpg
3df65b7b670ec988980fa71ef3ff9d0d.jpg

KyddsPly

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432218082.246938.jpg Virga customs built mine. Located in central ca. But great look and well built. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1432218136.089685.jpg

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
Another vote for a cage from Spare Parts or Bailey Built, members here on the forum.

67RT

Bronco Guru
The kit I used(broncobob) comes already fit on a jig tacked together and marked. Then they break the tacks loose and ship. It's kind of like a puzzle that is marked. You can see how it is labeled and all you need to do is center it in the marks they made for you. Some little tweeks need as we all know no two Broncos are exactly the same
It took about 6 hours to weld and fit and drill the cage. I was lucky to have a buddy that is a welder for a living that helped.
Thanks. That is what I need. Taking a kit to a shop and want a fair quote on time.
Nice truck.
Lots of different bells and whistles. Hopefully he finds something that fits the budget, use and style.

OP
OP
BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego
Wow nice guys! My wifi isnt working and I can barely see anything on my phone here -.- so later ill try and look on a computer. But to answer a question asked of me, the bronco I will be building will be 80-90% street driven then during hunting season will ba taken light offroad. Things can obviously change as my family has 300 acres of property to drive around on and it has alot of rocks and all. But cage wise I dont think I need frame tie ins because I wont be thrashing on it.

Cage wise I like the family cage idea cuz I can take my friends or brothers but I also like some of the cages thats are for two seaters and the back two bars slope down at an angle like the back of a jeep with that slanted top like a military truck. I almost need two broncos so I can have the best of both worlds haha :D

Side note: the bronco bob cage looks sweet! But has anyone uses the wild horses family cage? I think thats what my buddy had in his bronco but he sold it and he doesnt know because the guy he got it from put the cage in. But I remember it being a beefy cage.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Here's my cage build. A few things I'm really glad I did was build it thru the dash, grab bars down at the seat, and all the seats are bolted to the cage.

bronconut73

Bronco Guru
Wow nice guys! My wifi isnt working and I can barely see anything on my phone here -.- so later ill try and look on a computer. But to answer a question asked of me, the bronco I will be building will be 80-90% street driven then during hunting season will ba taken light offroad. Things can obviously change as my family has 300 acres of property to drive around on and it has alot of rocks and all. But cage wise I dont think I need frame tie ins because I wont be thrashing on it.

Cage wise I like the family cage idea cuz I can take my friends or brothers but I also like some of the cages thats are for two seaters and the back two bars slope down at an angle like the back of a jeep with that slanted top like a military truck. I almost need two broncos so I can have the best of both worlds haha :D

Side note: the bronco bob cage looks sweet! But has anyone uses the wild horses family cage? I think thats what my buddy had in his bronco but he sold it and he doesnt know because the guy he got it from put the cage in. But I remember it being a beefy cage.

I believe WH cages are made of a little fatter tube than is the norm....

OP
OP
BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego
Here's my cage build. A few things I'm really glad I did was build it thru the dash, grab bars down at the seat, and all the seats are bolted to the cage.

So I take it your going to do some serious offroading and rock crawling with yours? It looks amazing though great job!

I believe WH cages are made of a little fatter tube than is the norm....

Yea that's what I read. Im wondering if anyone here has their cage. Hmmm

So after reading some threads on other sites, is it necessary or what is the deal with welding the windshield to the cage?

Also, is there any plus to making the seats mount to the cage other then stronger when heavily offroading?

OP
OP
BlueGhost93

BlueGhost93

Loc.
San Diego

Was looking at the bronco bob web page and the family cage they show in the pic has this little bar that goes to the top of the wheels well. Did your kit not come with that or?
http://www.broncobob.com/