• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Tereflex low 20b kit exp.

Az Outlaw

Loc.
Payson, Az.
Looking for feedback from anyone who has the Tereflex Low20B kit installed. I am thinking about doing this and would like to hear some opinions Thanks

69Early

Loc.
San Ramon, CA
Just had one put in as part of my 20 rebuild. Havent had a chance to really use it much but so far so good. Go it from DC 4wd at a pretty good price, I believe 570. I have a thread on the Tera Low last time I saw it it was around page 15-17 had alot of feeback.
I put a top loader 4 speed in and wanted to get the lower ratio. look for my thread there is alot of good info on it.

Broncobowsher

Total hack
I have had one for about a year and a half. I did it when I pulled out the NP435 and installed an automatic.
No problems. I think it runs quieter in low range then the stock gears.
I got mine without instructions (mistake or normal I don’t know) but followed the standard D20 rebuild. The only mystery was a spacer that goes on the input shaft under the snapring.
All the bearings were good so I reused them and the stock preload shims.
Hardest part is pulling a bearing off the front output shaft. I can’t remember exactly what the problem was, but I remember using a hose clamp as a temporary spacer to help pull it off.
I consider it a good kit. Lowers the lowrange while keeping it high enough to be usable on stuff other then boulder crawling. I can comfortabley drive 20 MPH at 2000 RPM in lowrange which is good for faster parts of the trail, but I can crawl like I had the old NP435 when I need to. Without shifting between high and low.

roksmurf

Loc.
Russellville Ark.
I also am running this but with a np435, can use 2nd for almost everything but still have have 1st for tougher stuff, with 5.38 gears it gives me 113:1 low range but more normal gearing it will produce mid 80's which will do nicely, didnt notice if ya had a auto or manual, but either way it is a great kit, lets ya retain stock driveline length, I also have a np203 doubler in place of the intermediate housing with stock drive line length, but thats another issue.....think the 3:15 kit is a good one.....