• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Sure posting up some nice Bronco pics!

I put another 17.6 gal of 102 octane in my tank again today... Warranteed radiator is in, new 2 yr old replacement (not warranteed) FlowKooler is removed and Motorcraft WP is in.

Hope to put another 18+ in next week. :)

mustanggarage

Contributor
I was able to attend a couple car shows last month. I got a couple trophy's which was nice, but no first place. I know a lot of this is subjective, but when I looked at the broncos that placed higher (I was in the modified truck class, but both vehicles that placed higher were broncos.) I did not think they were better than mine. the one had very nice attention to detail, and was very well executed, and probably deserved the first, but naturally I thought my truck looked better, lol. the second show however I cannot understand at all how that vehicle placed higher. both trucks that placed higher were not highly modified either. Any way I did some serious evaluating to see where I might improve.

one area I thought might be an improvement is that I have a slight bronco lean and it looks like my bumpers are very slightly crooked compared to the body even though the body is level and square. I had a hard time getting the stock radius arms to lay flat when I tightened the front caps, so I decided I would address that by replacing them. New duff stock length trex arms and heavy duty spring plates going in.

VNO8clE.jpg

.. these things are BEEFY, and just look cool IMHO. also My tires rub a bit if I turn them too tight, so these will improve my turning radius as well. Then I will make sure everything is square and level when I am done.

at some point I will put a hard top on it I suppose, but I really like driving it with the bikini top and I don't relish the idea of putting a hard top on and having to drill holes in the bed top and possibly scratch up the bed rails so it doesn't look as good when I take it off. I am still just undecided on that I guess. I know the hard top always looks better to the judges, but ultimately enjoying driving the truck is way more important than winning car shows. so for now at least I am keeping the bikini top on.

35mYKLN.jpg

7yaQgqw.jpg

Z4NzwKC.jpg

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
at some point I will put a hard top on it I suppose, but I really like driving it with the bikini top and I don't relish the idea of putting a hard top on and having to drill holes in the bed top and possibly scratch up the bed rails so it doesn't look as good when I take it off. I am still just undecided on that I guess. I know the hard top always looks better to the judges, but ultimately enjoying driving the truck is way more important than winning car shows. so for now at least I am keeping the bikini top on.

Damn the trophys, keep it as YOU like it.

I think yours is a real beauty as it is!

NewDog

Contributor
Loc.
Surrey BC
Fixed my headlights last night, which had stopped working even though all the park lights and taillights, turn signals etc still did.

Turns out my dimmer switch was bad....I'm pretty weak with electrical gremlins, but the big clue came when it fell apart in my hand when I unplugged it.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Not much here other than rinsed ole Reb off after OCBR trip, lowered tires, to get into the garage.

Ready for the next additions, radio and way too much other S to get done

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Well I may have driven it to work today, for the last time. The ole C4 almost didn't get me home and the radiator has started leaking again. So it's time to get started on the frame off.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
ran it to work at a pretty good clip...gave it a bath. Need to put some miles on before Ol man winter gets here!

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
ran it to work at a pretty good clip...gave it a bath. Need to put some miles on before Ol man winter gets here!

Keeping mine on the road till winter was my plan as well. Cheers to Randy for keeping these old Broncos on the road.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
TRYING BUDDY! no where what i usually do...BUT will be driving it to the Bronco Off Roadeo in two weeks at Gunstock Mtn. in NH

syndicate1

Contributor
Drove the bronco to the coffee shop today..... A hipster millennial said, “nice bronco”, then asked... “what year is it, an ‘87?”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

savage

Contributor
Bronco Nut
Loc.
Renton
Installed the James Duffy heavy duty drop track bar bracket, awesome piece.

Attachments

• 20210926_192047.jpg
    20210926_192047.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 78

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Think of the cubic dollars associated with all those boxes... and don't tell my wife.;D

Attachments

• Parts parts parts....jpg
    Parts parts parts....jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 63

nvrstuk

Contributor
Just a Bronco driver for over 50 yrs!
Mines on the road everyday unless I'm swapping in a different trans/engine/tcase whatever!! lol

Only 16 gal this week... Rained a couple days and I've been out of town several days too... I know, excuses! :(

FordBronc

Contributor
Bronco's, yea I have a couple.
Loc.
Polk County, Missouri
While researching Bronco parts I and found this.
https://www.amainhobbies.com/axial-...-turquoise-blue-axi03014t1/p-qqqcq2wqbz2eqctz

Also made my cabin reservations for OCBR 2022. I am committing NOW to being there next year. Even if I have to hitchhike with nothing more Bronco related than a T shirt and ball cap.

sprdv1/Dave I will be going down Hwy 13 to I-44, then taking Hwy 65 south so look for me ok? Dang it, you are probably taking I-49.

Last edited:

67sport

Contributor
Loc.
Vancouver Island, Canada
Started a frame for soft half doors. Just a start, but I think they'll work pretty good. I also bent a piece to create an arm rest, but haven't welded it in yet. My plan is to have them covered with marine canvas.

c29042cecf7e73fe0a1f76565e0c76da.jpg

JeepGuy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Actually might be getting over the hump here. Started cleaning up the engine compartment prior to bolting stuff back in there....

Then moved onto the interior. Pulled everything out of it's "storage place" lol.. light sanding and painted the new floor pans with Steel It. That stuff lays on thick.

Installed the Firewall insulator... Total pain the in ass, should have just gone with the stick on sound deadening. Anyways, it's in there and got a few of the interior brackets back in and the heater hooked up to the fresh air intake out the passenger side.

Then almost as if it were planned, more parts showed up. Super glad the overtime at work has been a plenty....;D

Attachments

• Start of clean up.jpg
    Start of clean up.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 65
  • Start of clean up.jpg
    Start of clean up.jpg
    127.7 KB · Views: 58
  • Start of clean up 2.jpg
    Start of clean up 2.jpg
    96.6 KB · Views: 54
  • Steel It Floor.jpg
    Steel It Floor.jpg