• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
all fun and games till someone starts to tingle...

but really, it was all for kicks since I knew someone would make the joke.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Spent 5 1/2 hours trying to remove the huge bumper the PO welded to my 67's frame. Not sure what still holding it on, but it doesn't appear I made a dent in it. Ugh!

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
removed my last bumper with an acetylene torch Chief.

Disconnected the horn at the steering wheel, which I think will correct my electrical issues.

Also, tightened up the output yoke on the t-case.

Going to pick up pizza, so we'll see if the vibrations and gremlins are gone.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
worked on one that was brought to me running like crap. It was a 351 with a 302 cam. Changed the firing order and it runs great now.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
Pulled the motor today preparing for the new EFI HO motor. Discovered the old motor had two different heads. The spark plugs on one side were the bigger style. I'm pretty sure this motor came out of a truck but I haven't looked at the casting numbers yet.

Last edited:

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Took all the bolts out of the half cab top today. First time they have been removed in 39 years... took a little doing.. like 2 plus hours. Now to try and remove the top tomorrow. Tried pushing up on it and nothing moved...

Tedster100

Chairman of the Bored
Pulled the doors back off and started to prep for paint. All glass body so the body work begins! Also did final fit on new hood from BroncoDesign. Love the hood but as with all glass parts it requires some tweaking to fit up with all the other glass parts.

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Cleaned 40 years of gung off the D20 I'm going to rebuild to put behind the 4R70W swap.

major

Loc.
Knoxville
I poured gas on mine and set it on fire out of frustration.........................just kidding. We drove it to a local car show yesterday and when I went to back it into the slot, reverse didn't work on my C-4. This was a resto for my daughter and we were the only Bronco at the show. It was cold without the top on it.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
well, so far just uncovered it and cleaned it up. hoping to find some other locals to get together for a calendar shot.

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Fabracated and installed a temporary cover over the hack job%) of an aftermarket radio install by a previous owner. I brushed up a piece of stainless I had laying around.

Fred

Attachments

• 1002111038.jpg
    1002111038.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 22
  • php4EGBxEPM.jpg
    php4EGBxEPM.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 38

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
did a little 4 wheelin, just felt so good to drive it! then got in the samurai to go to the store, when i pushed on the gas after driving the bronco it felt like it wasn't even moving.....

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Cut off the 200+ pound front bumper the PO welded to the frame. Still have some work to do to get the weld cut out, but at least I got the weight off the frame. Changed the oil and spark plugs and attempted to start it. No love! Wiring is shot.