• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Hopkins85

Loc.
Wheeeling, WV
Just wanted to fix my temperaure gauge but I ended up takeing the whole cluster out and referbishing it. it looks sweet!!! I also put a new 195 thermostat in. the one I took out was a 180 but I think it was letting antifreeze through all the time or something cuz it ran really cold with tht thing. But the new thermostat really does justice to the chevy heater motor upgrade. Tht thing will cook you alive I have to turn it on low iafter it gets warm I even had to turn it off today it got so hot in there.

matt w

Bronco Guru
Got back from running the Mojave Road for 3 days and decided to leave the rear seat out as I liked having my storage box moved all the way forward. So I hard mounted my storage box/trunk and then mounted a Tuffy Tool Drawer I have had for years from out of my jeep.....Kinda gives me more space, more storage and a little bilt of truck action!..PLUS my dog will fit better now that the seat is out!;)

Bart

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Buffalo Gap, Texas
Besides my '66, I own an '81 FSB. That '81 has run crappy for years, to the point, only I could drive it and keep it running. Well, the brakes started functioning like manual brakes. The rubber around the valve in the case was leaking vacuum, but looked okay. After replacing that, I realized that it had a major vacuum leak. The big Bronk has never run that good. So now I'm on a mission to install all the parts I've imassed over the years. Solid front-end (good bye TTB), AOD, TB efi, 35" tires and 5.5" lift. I may even install the doubler I have laying around. I'm cleaning up the wiring messes made by POs over the years, new valve cover gaskets, painting the top. The '81 will never replace the '66 off road, but on road and light duty off road you can't bet a FSB.
Now my beautiful 02 PSD will now spend more time in the garage!
The '66 is suppost to be down for new Centec wiring harness, 203/205 t-case cross member mods, paint and general clean up, but all I want to do is work on the '81. I guess I can do 'em both at the same time.
I just don't know when I had time to work before. Retirement is great!!!!

Brian B

Ordered a new front driveshaft from Carolina Powerline and some brake parts from Tom's.

Last edited:

Shiner

Loc.
Mooresville, NC
Put the doors on for winter and the handles weren't working exactly right.
Pulled off the door panels and coated the mechanisms in some Howe's Penetrating Lube. Free moving handles and locks now. Sweet!

matt w

Bronco Guru
Put the doors on for winter and the handles weren't working exactly right.
Pulled off the door panels and coated the mechanisms in some Howe's Penetrating Lube. Free moving handles and locks now. Sweet!

It's kinda cool to put the hard doors back on...same thing when ya take em off!;D

Matt_brianna

Loc.
Rapid City
Just fab'd up some brackets to mount my best top doors to. 1X1X18 inch square tube and a couple of peices of 7/16's threaded rod. mounts in behind my door insserts and the door hinges bolt into the square tube. the threaded rod goes from the tubing to the door post with some nuts on either side and makes it all adjustable and what not. it all turned out pretty nice and sturdy.

ArmyCOL

Yesterday I added the radius ARM brackets to the frame. Will have to do some tweaking to make sure all is good to go. I have the adjustable brackets and the rear sections on both sides are not flush with the frame. I will need to add some wedges to ensure the are all tightly fitted.

matt w

Bronco Guru
Oh I know...I added carpet to the top of my Harbor Freight Trunk/Tool Box!;D

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Got ot secured in the garage, going to be in Pa for 30 to 90 days, depending on work.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Wire wheeled and painted my bumper. Waiting an extra day for the paint to cure, then the install! Roll bar is next.