• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
torqued down the heads, put on the intake, bolted up the headers, installed push rods, installed the rockers. will finish tomorrow i hope.................

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Changing out the defrost/floor heat cable. Old cable came apart behind the dash. This job sucks. Would have been easier to pull the entire dash.

Tip for doing this: A 5/8" spark plug socket fits the cable nut and you can almost get a wrench on the socket to loosen it after removing CB, stereo, defrost hoses and some knuckle skin.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
got a second wind and finished it! fired it up, got a few rockers out of adjustment. THAT i'll do tomorrow, i'm tired and sore......

PhantomEB

Loc.
Calgary, Alberta
Body came off for the stretch to 105 and I cleaned the floor of all her leaks.... wanted to start fresh so I can find where shes leakin from and fix them all!

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It is a Mile Marker SE12000

Still need to spool the cable on.

53ff4cb1.jpg

e3190c79.jpg

Where did you get the bumper? Looks just like mine which was built by a guy in CO. I couldn't find his CB ID but I found him on here.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Got the winch cable spooled on, and the rear wheel spacers installed. The spacers are .5" wider in the back(2"), but it looks fine, and I only paid $90 for all 4 spacers, so I'm happy. Still need to get the tires mounted on the new wheels and I'll be sittin pretty!

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Where did you get the bumper? Looks just like mine which was built by a guy in CO. I couldn't find his CB ID but I found him on here.

This bumper was mounted on my 73, my first bronco. I bought it from a guy in Harvest, AL. I think it had spent some time in Tennessee as well. I have not seen a bumper identical to mine before, though I can say that the winch mounting holes are a PITA, too close to the rear tube.

I am thinking of putting down some plate to give a better place to stand and maybe mount some lights. I think I have 7 lights laying around I need to put to use.

BorderBronco

Loc.
Del Rio, Tx
Replaced the bushings on the shifter linkage then replaced the heater valve with a new one. 41 years old and it was pretty rusted out.

matt w

Bronco Guru
I pulled the T-Case yesterday and dripped it off at the 4X shop in Ventura...They are going to put in a TeraLow kit for me!;D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
replaced the lug nuts on the rear spacers. aired all the tires to 35psi. ready to take it to work tomorrow!

Terkish

Pulled the manual transmission in preparation for cleaning up the under body and frame. Then install of a 4R70W next weekend, I hope.. ;D

bigcountry

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Pulled a 200 six from a 68 Falcon today. I will be swapping it for the 170 in my 67.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Picked up a set of Jeep wiper arms from pick & pull ($11). I'll modify them tomorrow and try them out.