• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Finally closed off the air vent on the pass. side. It was only letting in hot air from the engine compartment. Got the steering wheel tightened. Moved the vacuum line for power brakes to intake, and PCV to carb. Moved Temp sensor to pass. side of intake and just used the one by the gooseneck for heater hose. Also doing wiring.

Plus I'm sweating. It's almost 90degrees here.

zoob

Loc.
Long Island, NY
18b9d4f4-fbd5-1034.jpg

jdevon

Loc.
Dallas Area
Extended my shift linkage -- now I can put it in Park (of course, it doesn't run so It's not that big of a deal...). Replaced my front turn signals. I also put an end to some of my electric gremlins. Bought some lug nuts to replace my stripped/cross-threaded POSs. Bought some back-up bulbs and ordered some weatherpack terminal pins.

It was north of 90 degrees here, but for some reason I didn't get too hot. That is not like me at all! I friggin hate the heat. I was even drinking coffee.

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Washed it for the 1st time since I got it running 4 years ago. Sunny weather here finally, Jet sunbathed on the driveway to keep me company. ;D

NewWheels9.jpg

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Mark, again, your tires and wheels look great!

In addition to earlier post, I installed shift link extension (because of BL). Pulled about 20 pounds of leaves and junk out of the drivers side air vent.

Also sweated some more.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
Pulled the steering column in an attempt to swap the column from my 72. Need the horn working for state inspection. Turns out the switches are different and have different connectors. Bad thing: the lower bearing in the 74 is blasted and the horn contact is broken out of the switch. Good thing: I stole the column from a 74 when I swapped power steering into the 72 so I was able to steal the lower bearing to fix that part. Still no horn though. I'll rig something up for the time being. Also need to rig washers and backup lamps. I'll be working on that.

Oh, and I ordered an ez-wiring harness and a s**t load of other stuff I need/want like covers to keep the seats dry when it showers, straps for the trailer and other stuff. I'll be a very busy man soon.....

And much like ObscureMachine I also sweated a lot

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Need the horn working for state inspection. Turns out the switches are different and have different connectors. Bad thing: the lower bearing in the 74 is blasted and the horn contact is broken out of the switch. Good thing: I stole the column from a 74 when I swapped power steering into the 72 so I was able to steal the lower bearing to fix that part. Still no horn though. I'll rig something up for the time being.

And much like ObscureMachine I also sweated a lot

My horn switch on the column never worked. So I ran a hot wire to the horn, a black wire into the cab to a push button switch on the dash, then from other side of switch to ground. Easy schmeezy.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
My horn switch on the column never worked. So I ran a hot wire to the horn, a black wire into the cab to a push button switch on the dash, then from other side of switch to ground. Easy schmeezy.

I'll probably do something like that to make a couple of things work for my state inspection (assuming I can't find someone who'll let it slide this time) but I'm too anal about wiring to let that fly for long...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I need/want like covers to keep the seats dry when it showers, straps for the trailer and other stuff. I'll be a very busy man soon.....

Would like to find me some seat covers too, where you gonna look?

wet okole was just too expensive for me

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Those Kelly Safari's look AWESOME!!! Curious to hear your thoughts once you get a few miles on em.

broncoman1972

Bronco Guru
I ordered the corbeau seat savers from JBG. I figured they fit the seats and have a part that velcros over the seat to deflect water. Hopefully they'll be all I need. Right now I'm using a couple of mats my mom made years back from old blue jean legs. They work good but don't fit like a cover will on these seats.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Still running new wires under the hood for 3G upgrade and to clean up some bad splices and frayed pieces. I have done sooo much wiring, I should have just gone ahead and gotten a new wiring harness!

You know, it's that Bronco domino effect.

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Not what I did too my Bronco today but what I did with it.. I've not pulled much but have been wondering how it would handle the weight of a trailer.. I needed some items from the pasture this evening .. AND IT WAS RAINING .. it rained for an hour but I wanted to move this old head ake rake to my shop .. So 1st I went to the pature to see how wet it was. came back hooked onto the Flat Bed 18 ft trailer and pulled it down the hill and around to Bronco Row where all the toys are kept awaiting . I got the headache rack onto the trailer and headed up the hill .. Now I really thought I'd need 4 wheel Drive. Man it came out of that red clay with out a hitch up the hill and into the shop.
... I'm still impressed with with the Diesel Bronco It does not seem to be nearly as front heavy as I expected when I built it.
... Today I wanted to take the trailer across the creek and see if I could pull it back up .. But If I didn't get it up then it'd have to stay in the creek and it is supposed to come a big rain tomorrow. And I'm sorry I don't want it flooded.