• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Installed the fan shroud. First time in over a year. Now lets see if it keeps it cooler.

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
Yesterday I finally got time to install my shims on my rear end. Didn't take too long, but I had buy new u bolts too because the old one had been torqued too many times and were stripping out. Now I need to rebuild my cv joint and I should be riding vibration free;)

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I Installed a pusher fan on the A/C condenser in front. Gets a little hot when sitting at a light with the A/C on. Maybe this will help.

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
I'm in the same club. My friend was laughing at me yesterday for growing a beard in summer. ;)

Took the newly rebuild 5.0 for gas and its maiden test run yesterday. Good news is the motor runs a like a scorched cat. :cool: Bad news is my freshly rebuilt steering box needs to go back to the rebuilder for a bad input shaft. :cry:

Finished up my heater box rebuild. 98 degrees in the garage and I am working on a heater. I have officially lost it. :)

Attachments

• EFI LIVES.jpg
    EFI LIVES.jpg
    254.7 KB · Views: 31

72_EB

Contributor
66to77
Here's the before motor. New one should be a little more reliable. :p

Attachments

• another engine bay before.jpg
    another engine bay before.jpg
    240.8 KB · Views: 27

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
I'm in the same club. My friend was laughing at me yesterday for growing a beard in summer. ;)

Took the newly rebuild 5.0 for gas and its maiden test run yesterday. Good news is the motor runs a like a scorched cat. :cool: Bad news is my freshly rebuilt steering box needs to go back to the rebuilder for a bad input shaft. :cry:

Nice... Looks mean John, Ready for some action :)

Lmfp

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lake Charles, LA
Hooked my transfercase back up to the transmission. Now i just need that dang motor to come in so i can drop it back in the bronco.

Adarcy

Resealed Intake manifold, changed oil, changed radiator coolant, changed transfer case oil, replaced inspection plate gasket on the transfer case. Turns out that gear oil still makes the whole house stink :)

Dan73Grabber

I see a TRO setup with a drop track bar bracket. I believe I had read that would create a problem on a big bump resulting in a bent drag link. Also that the tie rod would limit steering radius due to contact with the lower stock track bar mounting bolt. I have the similar tie rod setup but in the TRU configuration. I'd like to go TRO but was afraid to due to the fore mentioned reported issues.

Have you experience any of these reported issues?

Hi, this is Dan73Grabber....in reply your post....the drop track rod bracket came with my 3.5" James Duff lift, which makes the track rod angle correct. The only issue I have is the over knuckle steering comes in conflict with the track rod bolt. That will be remedied soon! It's hard to keep it off the road. Radius arms in....but the project continues! :cool: Thanks for the interest.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Hi, this is Dan73Grabber....in reply your post....the drop track rod bracket came with my 3.5" James Duff lift, which makes the track rod angle correct. The only issue I have is the over knuckle steering comes in conflict with the track rod bolt. That will be remedied soon! It's hard to keep it off the road. Radius arms in....but the project continues! :cool: Thanks for the interest.

Pics look good Dan,see how much work you can get done without us. And all your beer doesn't disappear!

ugly74

Bronco abuser
Picked up a set of aussie cleveland heads from a guy on craigslist. They are in better shape than i had hoped! I'm going to lap the valves , make sure they seal up tight, throw on some paint and bolt em on. And then fill up with 91 octane

Phil76

Loc.
Aransas Pass, TX
Prefitted the 1992 Bronco side mirror upgrade this morning. It's going to look pretty good when done. Larger mirror, and $43 shipped for the pair!

JSmall

Bronco Guru
Fresh wiring wrapped and loomed. Driveline rebuilt, painted and installed. Also drove up north to pick up a rollbar for a friends Bronco.