• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Just stared at her for awhile...
lol me too then hopped on the tractor and done more dirt work%)
got to use my 4x4 skilzzs yesterday on the tractor. got sideways on hill about to tip over and just kept sliding more and more. unlocked the front end and pulled the rear around and went out straight back up the hill;D

5001craig

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Drove mine 9 miles one-way to a bonfire at friends on Friday night. :eek:

Drove about two miles to fill-up today with fuel and on the way home did a light hole-shot on asphalt. Came to a stop let off the brake and pushed the skinny pedal. Laid two black marks all the way through first gear. Never did that before and was surprised it worked like it was supposed to.

Then I loaded her on the trailer tonight to take her to get tuned tomorrow on a chassis dyno. Really excited about this!

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Pressure washed the undercarriage, found a little sand.

Attachments

• 20170827_190827.jpg
    20170827_190827.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 38
  • 20170827_153106.jpg
    20170827_153106.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 42

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
U Bolts are too short!

Rhut rho Rhaggy!

I ordered WHs Extreme U Bolt kit last year. I added the Easy-Inch block to move my axle back 1" and found that the u-bolts are an inch too short. No fault of WH obviously but now I gotta find longer bolts of the same quality.

Attachments

• IMG_2657.jpg
    IMG_2657.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 60

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Put 1 of the 2 leaf's back in the rear spring packs. Reducing 11 leafs to 9 resulted in a little to soft spongy feeling ride. Seems like it ented up being about an inch or so higher in rear after adding the leaf back.

Now if Harvey would get the $#% out of hear, maybe I could get it out and see what difference it made.

Crawdad

Bronco Guru
Contact DIY4X he has u bolts and top plates that work well with the ezinch

Will do. I hated that spent good money on a quality "modified" product from WH only to go a different direction. I have another set of longer u-bolts but I want 1/2" like the shorter ones I have now. I gotta start digging around. Thx Crush!

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Washed some sand out from a week in the Florence dunes.

Attachments

• 20170827_190827.jpg
    20170827_190827.jpg
    114.3 KB · Views: 37

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Yesterday -

1. I had to mega tighten the bolts that go through the frame support bracket that holds the steering box. They were loose (not sure they were ever tight) and my tire place couldn't align it.

2. Ordered everything imaginable for the explorer serpentine swap
3. Fixed my rear axle vent tube (hose with a fuel filter attached)
4. Tried to adjust my hood striker, put it wouldn't budge. So PB blaster and we'll see what it does today.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I ordered WHs Extreme U Bolt kit last year. I added the Easy-Inch block to move my axle back 1" and found that the u-bolts are an inch too short. No fault of WH obviously but now I gotta find longer bolts of the same quality.

Since you ordered them last year, make a quick call to WH to see if the bolts are any longer now.
Not many calls come in about adding blocks, but it does happen so we did discuss making them longer at one point. Don't think it actually happened, but you never know.
Worth a shot anyway.

If that doesn't pan out, a local spring shop can likely bend you up a new set. They won't be plated unfortunately (not usually anyway) but they'll get the job done in a pinch.
You can also hunt through the specifications in the Rancho and ProComp books to see if they have any 5/8" x 3.25" x whatever length you need.
By the way, I forget how long ours are. What length do you think would do the job? Doesn't look like you need much.

Put 1 of the 2 leaf's back in the rear spring packs. Reducing 11 leafs to 9 resulted in a little to soft spongy feeling ride. Seems like it ented up being about an inch or so higher in rear after adding the leaf back.

Depending on his springs, they might have been 9-leaf originally.
Of course, if they are our springs he can remove the lowermost 2 leaves and not effect ride quality or load capacity to any noticeable amount. But that would only net about a 1/2" of extra bolt. Probably not enough in this case.

Paul

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
1. I had to mega tighten the bolts that go through the frame support bracket that holds the steering box. They were loose (not sure they were ever tight) and my tire place couldn't align it.

Do the locking nuts still lock? If they're old they may not have enough grip left.
If not sure, some appropriate thread locking compound would be a good additional layer of insurance.

2. Ordered everything imaginable for the explorer serpentine swap

Any bets on what all is missing or that you forgot?;D
Always seems like there's something, right?

4. Tried to adjust my hood striker, put it wouldn't budge. So PB blaster and we'll see what it does today.

Ugh. Hate that.
My '68's been soaking for about two months now and still no joy. Hopefully yours won't be quite so resistant to persuasion.

Good luck!
And let us know how that comes out, and what you used to get it. Might helps others out there.
Mine might be a lost cause, but I don't usually believe in those so will keep trying.

Paul

JAFO

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Beaverdam
Got my cross bars installed and took a drive down to the river with the Kayaks.

KayaksOnBronco.jpg