• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Tried to figure out why I'm not getting spark through the coil wire. Two different coils, no spark. If you have an idea, I have a thread somewhere around here.

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Drove the 72 to church. Then tried to drive it to the pool and the starter crapped the bed. Replaced the starter while the little woman started sanding the bed of the 67. Spent the rest of the day sanding and primering the inside rear bed. Almost ready for paint.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Drove the 72 to church. Then tried to drive it to the pool and the starter crapped the bed. Replaced the starter while the little woman started sanding the bed of the 67. Spent the rest of the day sanding and primering the inside rear bed. Almost ready for paint.

Moving right along there brother... :)

jdevon

Loc.
Dallas Area
I finished up some wiring issues, installed battery tray (but can't find the hold downs thingies), finalized the cage position, ordered some seam sealer.

I was going to install the extended E Brake cables from WH, but chickened out. I know exactly squat about brakes. I could just see me screwing the brakes up. I'll research, then try.

I also found a huge puddle of goo under the rear differential where the rear drive shaft attaches. The truck hasn't moved in years, so I have no idea what the hell happened.

BEERUN1

Finally finished the stereo...

014-3.jpg

013-3.jpg

015-3.jpg

018-2.jpg

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Currently trying to swap out my cigarette lighter, sucker's buried way up behind everything under the dash.

What's the trick tip for getting it out without wrenching my back and neck in some ungawdly position to get to it? ?:?

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
My wife and I drove mine down to the coast yesterday for Mothers day. Rained on us the whole way. My windshield still leaks but it was still a lot of fun.;D

ObscureMachine

Seatbelt Orifice Officer
Loc.
World Headquarters
Figured out I DID need a ballast resister, even though I have a pertronix ignitor. Live and learn. Got it running with some ghetto wiring. Need to adjust the carb, it's not running well.

PUT THE COVER ON IT, b/c we're getting on a plane early in the morning!

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Put the new sending unit in the rear tank, now both tanks work on the elec switch/valve and the gauge works! Everything but the filter near the carb is now new.

Added some undercoating and installed the Deaver 3.5" coils. Spring compressor really helped out. Didnt have enough time to put 3 leafs back into the rear to level it out. Almost used the lift to support the frame but decided it would be safer/easier on the ground

Amazing how it rides with these springs. So much smoother in all aspects. Have some nice body roll too. Will add a sway bar one of these weekends

Blue springs are Duff? 2.5" lift.

Attachments

• IMG_3420.jpg
    IMG_3420.jpg
    128 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3424.jpg
    IMG_3424.jpg
    101.6 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3427.jpg
    IMG_3427.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_3434.jpg
    IMG_3434.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 21
  • IMG_3413.jpg
    IMG_3413.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 20

lowbush

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Summerland Key, FL
I just finished the fuel map algorithm for the 390 and am writing a wideband 02 driver for the system. Getting closer and closer to bolting it onto my 390 to see if my Homebrew EFI will explode. I never knew how much code was in an ECU until I started this project.