• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

sriha

Took it for a joy ride, it needed to stretch its legs and let me know what parts to buy next

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
My dash is under the plasma knife today. A buddy is helping me move some stuff around and a couple custom changes.. Photos soon.. Moving the glovebox, changing the location of the ignition switch, assding a guage "pod" that is angled toward the driver from where the old am radio was. Filling some holes.. etc.. Oh and adding a place for additional accessory lighter plugs. Can't wait...

This is way down on my list, but still look forward to that day too.

Git them pics up!

jms5580

Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Finally got (almost) all the parts I need for my cold air intake. Fired up the rebuilt qjet for the second time. Thankfully it isn't spewing gas anymore.

2012-05-17_17-33-06_333.jpg

Adarcy

Replaced the coil and points. Shoulda replaced those points awhile ago. New ones are so much better!

mofoco1

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Clovis, CA
Finished the Lincoln rear disc conversion. onto the upper links

After all the setbacks, time and expense the Lincoln retro install is almost complete, new E-brake are coming, plumbing is done, I need red silicon hose for the vent though, the truss will come later as the one I ordered from Jegs is going to be more of a template as it's too thin a gauge metal and it doesn't fit properly . Mo in CA
t1090_NewEBdisked9in.rearend.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

dougyounger

Contributor
Had carb, wiring, and brake work done (I know I should be doing this myself but it was more than I could do). Motivated to drive it now!

bowhunter

Bronco Guru
Replaced both rotors on front end...new, hubs, bearings and brakes. Also installed my hurst shifter on the nv3550.

What a difference both installs have made!!!

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Went to work on my steering column and finish putting it back together. Went well for a bit. Tested the turn signals, snap crackle pop. Dammit! Blew 2 fuses. I accidentally pinched a wire under the center clamp that holds the switch in, big fat short got all my signals acting wonky. Finally found the pinched wire and was so relieved it wasn't something under the dash. Oh, I didn't finish the steering column. :-X

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
drove the hell out of it!!! cars & coffee, then HAM radio picnic, then las flores car wash show. been going since 6:45 this morning an just now got home.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
I filled the flat, charged the battery, & moved it to to where I can work on it & leave it mid-project. This little truck sure needs power steering.

I have been collecting junkyard parts & got to test fit some of them today. I played with the fit of the sag ps pump & york compressor. It looks like they will both fit the engine (351m) with minor mods to the jy brackets, but the compressor has a huge pulley/clutch & it currently will hit the hood. I hope the 1" body lift will be enough, or maybe find a solution with a smaller pulley/clutch.

I checked out the jy fuse box & it looks like it's going to work good. I also have a lighted rear view mirror from a Chrysler & layed out the drilling of an aluminum clamp to mount it to the roll cage.