• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

broncokak

Bronco Guru
nooooo! she is getting too old! :cry:

Thanks for all the comments. Yes she is pretty happy to be able to drive it on the road after 5 years of driving trails. Seems like it was just last year we were driving around the field at Gore and bumping into things right Randy?

She has been patiently waiting a long time to drive the Bronco...

Attachments

• Pauline in Bronco JPEG.jpg
    Pauline in Bronco JPEG.jpg
    175.9 KB · Views: 56

blamejane

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Took it for a morning road-trip with the hubby. Drove about 40 miles to the next town for a front-end alignment. We took some side trips as well cuz it was just too much fun driving the bronco on this beautiful morning.

markperry

Bronco Guru
Rebuilt my Edelbrock carb....... got tired of 7.5 mpg with my Holley 670 T/A.... 11 is much better!

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
Took second place in a car show yesterday... Some nice cars there too- it was a pay to vote kind of deal with the most donations getting the win. I lost by $1 and I only put$3 in myself cuz I didn't have anymore cash on me...

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Put in a new battery today..........the 1999 red top finally farted out on me.

What? Only 15 years out of a battery? What a piece of crap... ;D
Still running a few of those myself. Not quite up to your number yet, but we'll see how they go.

What did you end up putting in?

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I put in another red top. A friend had it in a truck that he bought, and said it was junk, it's only two years old, and said he couldn't get it to charge. I told him it was probably fine, he just wasn't charging it correctly for a gel. He'd already bought another one, and this one ended up charging fine, he said keep it, so I did.

DirtDonk

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've seen that a lot. They're not gel-cell batteries, but they do like a slightly different type of charge. Sometimes it's a fiddle, and sometimes it's just a simple matter of leaving it on the charger for a longer period of time.
Good for him. Nice score for you.

Paul

okie4570

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
NW OK
I did the "hook it up to another battery" and charge both at the same time for a while, then finished it off by itself. It's held charge sitting on the work bench for over a month now, we'll see if it lasts in the truck.

buck68

auxiliary tank

My son and I installed the auxiliary tank in our father/son project, his 68 Bronco. We also started installing the Koenig winch setup we have been working on.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
spent the day with some sweet rides and better people!

Attachments

• may it forward.jpg
    may it forward.jpg
    209.5 KB · Views: 61

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Moved some of my bronco stuff out of storage to the garage. All bronco parts will be in one spot for the first time in years. Now to get back to working on it.

Slednut10

Contributor
Guru? That's funny!
Before Warflares........................................After

Attachments

• imagejpg1_zps40983bfa.jpg
    imagejpg1_zps40983bfa.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 93
  • imagejpg1_zps3e627d45.jpg
    imagejpg1_zps3e627d45.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 89

Phoneman

Loc.
South Carolina
been getting the military bronco sanded down afternoons after work. About have driver's side ready for some 400grit. Picked up a warn winch bumper today that I gotta sandblast and repaint. This thing is gonna be nice in military green.