• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

2011 MEB Fawl Crawl! Oct 14-15 Harlan, Kentucky

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Please join us for the 2011 Mid-Atlantic Early Broncos 13th Annual Fawl Crawl on Friday-Saturday October 14-15. This will be the 5th year at Black Mountain ORV Park in Harlan, KY. If you have not been there it's a great place to wheel with local community support for off-roading. Over 7,000 acres accessable and 200 miles of trails!! The trails range from scenic park roads to as hard core as you want to get. More information will be posted the MEB website. The Harlan County Trails website has more information on the area and places to stay.

We'll be staging the trail rides out of the Putney Trailhead / Harlan County Campground. Trail rides both days will line up starting at 9:00 a.m. and ready to leave at 9:00.

A use fee permit is required and is available as an annual permit for $35 or a 31 day permit for $20 - all fees go to improving the trail system, maintenance and trail signs. MEB will not be collecting any event fee. You can purchase the permit at the Campground.

Come join us if you can! This is a low-key event where we try to get in as much wheeling in 2 days as we can!

Gary
MEB Events Director

Here are some pics from last year's Fawl Crawl at Black Mountain.

Attachments

• DSC00305.JPG
    DSC00305.JPG
    159.4 KB · Views: 88
  • DSC00304.JPG
    DSC00304.JPG
    155.7 KB · Views: 82
  • DSC00311.JPG
    DSC00311.JPG
    155.4 KB · Views: 89
  • DSC00321.JPG
    DSC00321.JPG
    152.3 KB · Views: 96
  • DSC00312.JPG
    DSC00312.JPG
    145 KB · Views: 61
  • DSC00308.JPG
    DSC00308.JPG
    151.2 KB · Views: 66
Last edited:

got-broncos

Bronco Guru
Last year was my first time there. I brought Kendall, we had a great time. We did some nice trail rides. There was a lot of going up and down, and looking over the edge, kind of scary. I smoked the front brake pads off my tow rig on this trip. I just put on some new ones. I would like to do this trip again. I will be watching the weather. It got pretty cold at night last year.

Attachments

• IMG_1285.jpg
    IMG_1285.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 62
  • Picture%20772[1].jpg
    Picture%20772[1].jpg
    95.7 KB · Views: 61
  • P1060820.JPG
    P1060820.JPG
    256.2 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1318.jpg
    IMG_1318.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 62
  • IMG_1311.jpg
    IMG_1311.jpg
    154.5 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_1309.jpg
    IMG_1309.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 76
  • IMG_1301.jpg
    IMG_1301.jpg
    157.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1299.jpg
    IMG_1299.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 55
  • IMG_1292.jpg
    IMG_1292.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1295.jpg
    IMG_1295.jpg
    141 KB · Views: 65
  • IMG_1297.jpg
    IMG_1297.jpg
    209.1 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_1289.jpg
    IMG_1289.jpg
    192.9 KB · Views: 52
OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Post up if you can make it!

Terry, make sure you bring some Octoberfest with you! ;D

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Go to Harlan!

This is a great time for wheelin and just having fun. The ORV park is very diverse with lots of trails from easy to extremely challenging. One cool aspect is if you're not a hard-core wheelin guy you can watch those who are and be amazed at what they can accomplish (and break!).

Last year we stayed over Sunday to avoid driving home in the heavy interstate traffic so we wheeled with a small group for part of the day and had a blast. I rode with Suzy in Hi-Ho Loco and WOW! what a rig!

If you joined MEB around the first of the year or before, and have not attended an MEB event yet this year, we still have a member gift for you. If you're coming to the Fawl Crawl let me know so I can make sure you get your gift. PM me or email at president@earlybroncos.com.

dirtwheels

I'll be there. Bringing a few friends this year and rented a cabin. I should sleep a little better than I did in the tent last year.

JohnJohn

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Richmond
how far of a drive is it from NOVA?
That pic of Roger and the horse made me laugh. Three Broncos in one pic!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Thinking of coming up with a friend's D-90. You won't hold it against us will you? This has always been one of my favorite events and Harlan is a great place to do it.

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
how far of a drive is it from NOVA?
That pic of Roger and the horse made me laugh. Three Broncos in one pic!

It'a about a 9 hour drive from NoVA. Usually leave around 7 am, have lunch in Christiansburg, and get to the campgound around 4 or 5. Sunday coming back usually takes a little longer due to traffic on 81.

Thinking of coming up with a friend's D-90. You won't hold it against us will you? This has always been one of my favorite events and Harlan is a great place to do it.

I'd love to see a Defender in action!

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Anybody going to Fawl Crawl have a bronco radiator for sale?

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Only 3 working weekends left to get your junk together! I need to repair my track bar riser and I'm going to try to install some Stonecrusher RA extensions. Hopefully I can get most of it done this weekend! ;D

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Not camping, the boys & I are staying in town. Last time I was there it poured down rain and tent camping in the rain isn't cool.

Yeah, rain in a tent is not good!

Well almost got everything done this weekend. Got the track bar riser welded up - amazing how much easier this is with the D44 out from under the Bronco!! Also got the Rockcrusher RA extensions installed. Gave myself an extra inch of wheel base. Still need to hook up the front brake lines and bleed the brakes. But after that I should be all set for Harlan! ;D

NYLES

Bronco Guru
post more pics I might try this in the future, but no way this year Im broke!!! so is the Bronco!

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I live about an hour and 45 minutes from there- we went and rode with some friends this weekend... I may try to make this event, but I normally take my non-EB cralwer there so I can run the hard trails... Maybe I will be able to make it.

Will there be dinner and raffle and whatnot??

Note-
White Tail is closed due to a Mining operation trying to clear a bond on that property. They will eventually open it.

Your Turn will most likely be closed at some point. The exit has eroded the trail. Try it while it's open- it's really tough now!!