• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

3rd Annual MEB Wrench and Roast.a Winner!

Broncitis

MEB Founder
My plan is for Pat to meet me here at work in Baltimore at 5:00 and then we will ride my motorcycle down though all the fun rush hour traffic in 95* + temps. Should be well over 110* on the asphalt!

I expect it to take us at least three hours, maybe 3.5, so we should be cooked to a medium-well by the time we arrive!;)

My parents should be well on their way by now an should be there soon.

Cip68

Loc.
Harleysville
Starting to get things together but Sporto and I won't be on the road untill about 8pm, so if you see a black F-350 show up around midnight, DON'T SHOOT, it's only us. I wonder if I can rig up A/C in a tent?

OX1

Bronco Guru
I wonder if I can rig up A/C in a tent?

Funny you should mention that. I was goofing around this morning and got creative on a refuge area just to see if it would work. (I put it together from stuff I had laying around in a about 1/2 hour). Wonder what the R-Value of tarp is?? :p Guess it might be better than nothing, although it only knocked off about 8 degrees and hum went up slightly (assuming that is due to less airflow)

Attachments

• DCP05054.JPG
    DCP05054.JPG
    22.8 KB · Views: 10
  • DCP05055.JPG
    DCP05055.JPG
    29.5 KB · Views: 11
  • DCP05056.jpg
    DCP05056.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 12
  • DCP05052.jpg
    DCP05052.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 12

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
Is the A/C Bill was talking about running yet? 108 with the heat index tommorrow!

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
lights are on, so I think the AC is working....
I had to come out by the tiki bar to warm up....so chilly in that shop.
We got it on jack stands, I think some people are thinking about taking the tires off.....;)

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Funny you should mention that. I was goofing around this morning and got creative on a refuge area just to see if it would work. (I put it together from stuff I had laying around in a about 1/2 hour). Wonder what the R-Value of tarp is?? :p Guess it might be better than nothing, although it only knocked off about 8 degrees and hum went up slightly (assuming that is due to less airflow)
Bring it!:cool:

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Moving along..but yee gads it be hot!!

David's rig is stripped to parade rest and stuff now starting to go back on. Had a momentary delay when, after completely disassembling his rear axle, we opened up all the boxes of new parts and....ooopsee..big bearing 31-spline axles do not fit in a small bearing housings. That cost me a quick trip up the road a few miles to the EB parts store, where we drug a '76 out of the woods with a front-end loader and torched the axle out from under the back of it. Back in business.;D

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Nice job on the axle upgrade. :cool: Is that from you personal stash Bill?

Close. It was from an EB in the 10-oz Motorsports collection just a few miles up teh road from me....the 'proprietor' and I have a long-standing arrangement whereby we keep a pretty good idear of what each of us has piled in our respective woods..and we each freely pilfer whatever we need from the other.

Nobody keeps track...based on the number of trips we've each made to raid the other's junk over the last decade, I think we are pretty even-Steven.:cool:;D

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Morning update: Sure were some hot and tired wrenchers that knocked off just before midnight last night. Me?..I fell out earlier when my back started telling me it was going to refuse to hold me upright for more than a few minutes longer.%)

Well...the suspension upgrade is about complete (pics will tell that story later), and both difs are now completed.

Last edited:

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
Glad to hear things are moving along well. I asked Drew to work 2X as hard since I wouldn't be there;D I hope he pulled our share......

OP
OP
bmc69

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Probably the saddest moment in the project came when we realized that the exquisitely made full-length headers were going to have to be sacrified and the nicely fabbed 2.5" duals removed as well.

No big deal you would think...but we're talking about a 351C-4V and I've never laid eyes on the likes of the custom headers that were on this thing. Maybe Mad has heard of 'em...one tube on each side goes around the outside of the frame and then back to meet up with the other three at the the collector. Regardless...Some Sanderson FC-3 shorties are in the future for this rig...