• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Anyone Sell Pre-Cut Rear Quarters?

MDBronco

Hello Everybody!

My first post over here at Classic Bronco's. First of many I see comming...

I just bought a 71 Bronco from my brother, and I am starting to fix it up. It has a lot of work already done, but it still in rather rough shape. The rear lower quarters (mainly down low, next to the taillight sections) are rusted out. I am looking to buy new rear lower quarter panels.

I have found a bunch online, (Bronco Graveyard, James Duff, yadda yadda yadda)

I was wondering though, does anybody sell this piece pre-cut? If I can find them already cut for larger tires and fender flares it would definitely save one step along the way.

Thanks guys!

BTW- Any tips before I go installing the new rear quarters?

Nice to meet everybody!
-Sam

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
Search through the threads, there are a few that documented their quarter replacements without having to take out the upper quarter. As far as pre-cut, dont think there are any, if you wanted you could mark out the cut and take it to a fab shop and have them laser or plasma cut it before install, might make it easier for you.

mike.l

Loc.
Milwaukee,WI
I saw a Bronco about 10 years ago that had the rear wheel wells replaced with a section from front fenders.

Didn't look right to me.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If your body seam between the upper and lower fenders is good and the rest of fender is rust free, I would rethink full replacement. Try cutting the existing fender for flares and then see how much rust repair is needed. A small patch in the lower rear portion would be much easier than an full replacement. You could try this first at little or no cost before you try a full replacement and see how it turns out. I have done 1 rear fender replacement and it is not extremely difficult, but not easy, either.

OP
OP
M

MDBronco

The rear quarters on the bronco are already cut for flares.

The other problem is an area about 2" wide by 7" tall of where it meets the door, that is starting to rust through also.

I could try a patch and see how it goes. what do I have to lose?

although the thought of new metal does sound good