• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

BC Broncos BAD BAD BAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.

cactushorse

Myself, like others have also stated, cant see how a thread with BAD BAD BAD in the title is not intended to bash. Just saying that it could have been a little more eloquent.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I check my e-mail several times a day. If I have the answer I reply right then. If I have to find the answer it may take a day or so. IE if you call and ask if I have something in stock I can check and reply in a min. or so. But if you e-mail and ask when the dashes will be done I have to check with the shop that is making them and the guy that I deal with has to check with his shop so and with a little luck everyone is in and knows so I find out in a few hrs. but most of the time they get back to me in a few days. So while I don't like to put people off sometimes I can't help it so I put the "reply in 1-5 days" statment on my site. Then there are those times that the spam filter blocks some posts and I never get them. I spend most of my time on the phone every day, not getting the R&D done that I like to do but I feel oblgated to give people the info they ask for. It's friday 730 pm here now and I will be done for the day in about 1 hr. if I hurry. Good night all.

N747JB

I haven't bought anything from you guys yet, but after seeing this thread and your response, I plan on ordering something from y'all! ;D

Hello this is Roxanne. I'm sorry you had a bad experience with us today. I tried to explain to you eariler that we are a little backed up in the shipping department right now. You placed your order on Tuesday the 21st and we didn't pull it until Wed. the 22nd in the morning when we came in. When I spoke to you we had only had the order here two days. We have olny one guy in our shipping department right now so we have had to pull one of the guys from the office to help out with shipping. We are a little behind do to the high volume of orders being placed at this time of the year. When I told you we would get your order out on Monday you wanted us to pay for upgrade shipping. I said that we werent able to do that but you could if you needed the order quickly. There was no indication that you needed the order by a certain date and no air requested. If you had put a note on the order we could have maybe moved you up a little but it is hard to put your order in front of everyone elses they also all need there parts. If you need something by a certain date and you request air shipment then we make sure we get it out that day because it is a service that costs extra. Without somekind of request from you we do not know. After I told you we couldn't upgrade the shipping you said you wanted to cancel the order and as far as I know hung up on me. We have been having some trouble with our phones of late so maybe we were just disconnected. Sorry for the problem with your order.
This is Chuck, I had Rox reply because she was the one you talked to so knew better what was said and or ment. The only thing I can add to everyone. We do not charge until we ship so we try to ship ASAP. If you are in a hurry please let us know otherwise we put your order on the bottom of the stack.

JRED

I have ordered from them with no problem whatsoever. The sent me out a different fuel pump when I changed my mind about the direction my build was going,and just had me send back the other one at my convenience. Great experience overall.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Thank you both for replying, but I am going to disagree about some of the statement above. So you both know, and as I mentioned, I called two times where the phone rang once, picked up, and quickly hung up on. There was no time for anyone to even say hello. It wasn't until I called the tech line until someone answered, and I sensed a lot of (what I thought was) frustration. Did I call at the wrong time of day? Did I interrupt someones lunch as some suggested? I don't know. You did tell me about your shipping problem in a manner as if it was my problem, and said you would get the order out early next week (not Monday) when I asked about sending priority shipping, your response was "Yes, but you're gonna have to pay for it. No "sorry", no concern, just this is how it is....... At that time what I thought was frustration was clearly attitude. I then said, well if that's how your going to treat this then just cancel the order. I clearly heard the hangup, not just a mysterious disconnect.

Chuck, I have seen recent posts by you about suppliers that have a terrible shipping record, and poor communications. I get that and agree 100%. It's frustrating, I know. Now picture that person either direct their frustration or give you attitude (whichever was the case) Try to see this from my point of view.

I sense frustration in your tone, also anger. And attitude. If I was in their shoes i'd be willing to write you off, some customers are such a pain in the ass they aren't worth dealing with. But they are better businessmen than me, they stayed composed and quietly and gently explained what happened and it sounded genuine and logical.

This whole site has turned into one gigantic bitch-a-thon by people who aren't happy buying and selling.. they also want their asses kissed to go along with the purchase.
Bill and Filly's house just burned down with everything they own in it and their attitude is better than yours.
Geez just STFU and suck it up you little crybaby.

OP
OP
B

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
I sense frustration in your tone, also anger. And attitude. If I was in their shoes i'd be willing to write you off, some customers are such a pain in the ass they aren't worth dealing with. But they are better businessmen than me, they stayed composed and quietly and gently explained what happened and it sounded genuine and logical.

This whole site has turned into one gigantic bitch-a-thon by people who aren't happy buying and selling.. they also want their asses kissed to go along with the purchase.
Bill and Filly's house just burned down with everything they own in it and their attitude is better than yours.
Geez just STFU and suck it up you little crybaby.

Great, now we have an internet "Tuff Guy"

And sorry to hear about Bill and Filly's house, even though I don't know them.

Airmapper

Foolproofness Tester
Loc.
Bowling Green, KY
Some say his last name is really Norris, others think he is the Stig. All we know is his name is Chuck.

I've got one order from BC, and it went well. I corresponded with Roxanne and she was polite and helpful. Based on that, and the low amount of negative comments as a whole regarding BC, I'll gladly buy from them again if I need something.

And if I have a problem, I'll:
chuck.png

OP
OP
B

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
Some say his last name is really Norris, others think he is the Stig. All we know is his name is Chuck.

Chuck Norris is a great guy. I had the chance to train with him 10 years ago, and at the ripe age of 60, he was prime.

bluesbish

Loc.
Upstate New York
when I asked about sending priority shipping, your response was "Yes, but you're gonna have to pay for it.

I doubt she would have said it like that unless you were implying that you wanted something for nothing. If you weren't asking for "something for nothing", then you would have been planning on paying for it. In which case, why would you cancel your order.

I'll bet you are the same guy that goes back to the shop the next day and says "ever since you did my alignment, my pinion seal is leaking". I know that type very well.

Here is how I stand with BCB, I like a lot of their products. specifically their only available from BCB custom products. That is why I do business with them when I do. a few years ago, I ordered a set of their radius arms. I liked the adjustable caster feature and no one else was building one like that. a day or 2 later chuck called me and said there will be a slight delay in shipping due to the vendor that builds the frame mounts. He informed me of when he would have them, how long it would take him to modify them, and when he plans to have them shipped to me. It was well worth the wait. they arrived in the time frame that chuck had stated. when they arived, I called for some info on installation and they quickly put chuck on the phone. he answered all of my questions with an attitude that he would stay on the phone with me all day and answer them if that was what was necessary. I have gotten nothing but good products and service from BCB. But, to be honest, for regular, easy to find parts, I usually order elsewhere. It's just quicker and easier. I understand this, and most likely chuck understands this as well. It's like this, I go to a fast food joint for lunch most of the time during the week because it is fast, convenient and cheap. But when I really want or need a good meal, I go to the small, local steakhouse because they make the best there is and there is no substitute. I have to wait longer, drive further, the waitress is also the bartender, and cashier and prep cook etc, and the cook doesn't wear gloves when handling my food. but in the end, it is well worth it.

samamarshall

I've only placed one order w bcb, but from what Ive seen on this forum in terms of chucks responses and working with all of us, he'll get more of my business.

Everyone has bad days, maybe that was the case. I'm not always happy at work either.

I understand getting excited about getting your parts quickly, I do the same thing, especially with the amount of $ we spend sometimes, but we have to understand these things do take time.

anyways...this dead horse has been beaten to death...again.:D

clarrance

Bronco Guru
In my experience with BC they received $1100 of my money that I wish I had back. That was the one and only time I will do business with them.

saltyj

Loc.
Weslaco, Tx.
Bcb

"we live in an Amazon world where everybody expects 16 confirmation emails within 15 minutes of placing an order online,"

My personal experience only. Chuck sent me enough confirmation emails of my order and shipping that I thought it was a bit much. Also would like to give Jason? I believe his name was, a big thumbs up. I called a year or so back to inquire about putting chucks a/c in my 66 with a 170. He told me they had done it before, what to expect and what parts I would need. The funny thing is, he actually sounded like he was kinda dissapointed when I didn't have anymore questions and was done talking about my bronco. lol heck of a guy.:cool:

OP
OP
B

brianstrange

Bronco Guru
I'll bet you are the same guy that goes back to the shop the next day and says "ever since you did my alignment, my pinion seal is leaking". I know that type very well.

I'll take that bet right now. In fact, I'd be happy to meet half way and shake on it.

4lofun

As noted in past posts, Friday Chuck does lunch with his staff.
I work at a small buisness and if you call me during lunch your not going to get anyone eithor. Employees need to take lunch too.
I dont understand why people cant do their buisness during normal hours taking concederation that everyone takes lunch around noon. Maybe if people thought about others instead of thinking only of themselves.

this is the dumbest thing I heard of !!!!!! okay ,,any company that relies on the general public to stay in business better be answering the phone when said customers take time out of their lunch to call and spend money with that business..!!!!!! hell why answer the phone at first break then ,too... hours of call,8-10, 10:15-12:00, 12:30-3:30, 3:45-5:00... or when said lazy ass CUSTOMER SERVICE person wants to do nothing!!!!!!!! answer the damn phone and give me service...
employees need to schedule lunch so the phones are covered.....

DirtyDave

You vote with your dollar. If your not happy with the service you can buy from other vendors. That being said, I will say that some of the best service I've received has come from BCB with a lot of help from Roxanne. They have been great with everything I've gotten from them and even shipped extra parts ( that I missed in the box) to help keep me happy. I hope things work out for you, good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.