• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

DD/Trail pony Early Bronco build **Cobra EFI it LIVES**

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I like how you plan ahead and did the accumulator/filter.. I could learn from this. I never think ahead.. My wife tells me this all the time. I have several new parts that I will probably never use as I changed direction and plan. You have done a lot of great upgrades. This thing will be TOUGH.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I like how you plan ahead and did the accumulator/filter.. I could learn from this. I never think ahead.. My wife tells me this all the time. I have several new parts that I will probably never use as I changed direction and plan. You have done a lot of great upgrades. This thing will be TOUGH.

I don't like doing things twice, hence the mounting of it. I am putting the high pressure pump on the firewall and my return will plumb into the accumulator. There has been speculation that this will purn up the carter p4070 in back but I doubt it. I still have a long road ahead before the EFI motor gets dropped in anyways.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
LOL, almost there man...

Good lookin rig you spotted, agree on the $$ tag too...

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
LOL, almost there man...

Good lookin rig you spotted, agree on the $$ tag too...

Sheet metal was very clean minus a questionable cowl patch. Paint was nice but he had coated the entire engine bay and underside with flat black paint %)

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Always something man..

I gotta get me some new hose for my fuel return line, got a pin hole leak somewhere uggh..

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I felt a little vibration on the way to work yesterday, it was worse last night. I wonder what it is? Good thing I keep extra parts laying around. I have to admit I like DD'ing the bronco but it has it's drawbacks.

Attachments

• Ujoint 2.jpg
    Ujoint 2.jpg
    54.3 KB · Views: 66

stlo

Bronco Guru
Loc.
tulsa
how are you liking this oklahoma heat???....lol.....i tell myself every summer im gonna put AC in my shop.....then in winter when the heater is on in there i forget all about that dam AC....keep plugging away i will be working on mine till i leave for OCBR myself.....we will be there on tuesday if you guys are coming down early......looking forward to meeting you guys in person

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I am dying!!!!! My 69 is my daily driver, no exceptions and it is sooooo hot! it's 110 today what is it up there? still though the hottest the bronco gets is 210, then she goes back down to 190 and then hovers at 198-200.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Just looked at the calendar, I will get there on the 18th also, the time however depends.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Just came in from cleaning up the wires, I am redoing a bunch of old crap and trying to get some good wires set up for the new HEI dist. I have two right now to choose from. The first is the Exciter for the Alt and the second is the coil wire that used to run to the resistor when it was points. Both put out a real healthy 12 volts. I am leaning towards the old resistor wire since it is roughly 12 gauge and has no other load where as the exciter wire needs to trip the alt so it charges. Meanwhile I need to run the wire from the "I" terminal to the coil also as it provides power while cranking whereas the other wires only provide power while the key is on the "on" position.

Make sense?

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
All this thing needs is a clutch, and dizzy, and it's ready to go in. Still up in the air about the power steering pump. I could run the stock one from the Cobra or build a custom setup to run a Saginaw. Saginaw is in the future but would require a small can and a remote res from PSC.

Attachments

• IMAG0502.jpg
    IMAG0502.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 67
OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
To do list:

Hook up clutch and drop in motor, today

Send shocks off to bistien for rebuild, tomorrow?

Setup PS pump, need pulley for serp belt and 95 cobra pump.

Setup belts and fan

Start engine ;D

Build H1 wheel and spare

Build armor

Build tire rack

All this in 34 days!!!!

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Arrrgh... Hopefully not cutting it too close brother.. I got faith in ya..

Skiddy ain't come over to help yet, bhaha.. well Chad would be the one you'd probably want helping.. ;D

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I have a feeling it could be running by tonight if I had identified the distributor problem earlier. Aside from the motor the rest is all pretty trivial stuff. Once she is running she will be "ready" to go.

Skiddy

Bronco Guru
Arrrgh... Hopefully not cutting it too close brother.. I got faith in ya..

Skiddy ain't come over to help yet, bhaha.. well Chad would be the one you'd probably want helping.. ;D

nobody asked you:p at least it is supposed to be cooler tomorrow