• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Feb 23rd 2008 Snow run, Rausch Creek Offroad Park in Pa--**Pics Added Page 6**

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Chris J: Any thoughts or plans on trails? I guess it may depend on how much snow is on the ground and weather, as mtfit said. Maybe start out at the new comp area? Love to see Rock Creek in the snow!
QUOTE]

Yea, things will depend on the weather. Alot of the trails can be gotten to right off the main "road" so the guys who don't want to kill thier rig can at least watch real easy and they can still have fun driving in the snow on the roads.

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Looking for seats...
Hey Meeeester Chris, got any steeeeekers?
:D

I'm sure we can find you a seat Chris. I'm not sure if one of my kids is going to go or not but the back seat is open and the heat works in the truck.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I'm sure we can find you a seat Chris. I'm not sure if one of my kids is going to go or not but the back seat is open and the heat works in the truck.

I've waiting for Chris L to offer up some hot chow for a right seat - like he did last year!

Chris J, hold out for steak!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Chris - Looks like we'll have at least 1 more from Bfix coming - user name 69svt. And my jeep buddy Steve is coming again this year. Steve Engle usually brings a couple of buddies too - are they on your list? Then Bill Moore just chimed in . . .

If Engle's buddies are not already on your list, it looks like we have about 15 signed up so far.

I think Lou will have his down for some mods.

We need to get a few more . . . everybody chant . . . Iron Bear . . . Iron Bear . . . Iron Bear . . . Iron Bear . . .

Last edited:

Broncoloupy

Loc.
Parkton MD
I hope to be there between mods. I have the front all tore off right now. Hope to have that done this week. Hope to do a bunch of fiberglass work before I cut the top of the cage off for some "sexyness" to be added. Then driving lessons so maybe I can place in the money this year:cry: I will keep you guys posted.

clownshoe

Loc.
Crofton, MD
If I could find a trailer I would head up there, but as it sits now "The Gorilla's" tranny/clutch is on its last leg and I'm sure I would blow it to smitherines up there leaving me stranded in the middle of PA. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out, possibly right seat it though?

Smitty

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
If I could find a trailer I would head up there, but as it sits now "The Gorilla's" tranny/clutch is on its last leg and I'm sure I would blow it to smitherines up there leaving me stranded in the middle of PA. Looks like I'll have to sit this one out, possibly right seat it though?

Smitty

Smitty - I am towing up with a trailer. If you bust up there we can get you home. Had to do the same thing 2 years ago. My friend broke a rear axle in his jeep - Dana 35 c-clip axle. So we towed his rig and he drove mine home. So don't worry - if you break we'll get you home somehow!

I won't have an open seat - my wife is coming. But its usually not hard to find one. So come on up with or without your Bronco.

allenfahey

Bronco Guru
I'm planning on coming but I need a right seat or rear seat..... as usual%) anyone???

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Yes, old entrance is closed. New entrance is closer when your coming in, still on right. Lot is huge, flat and has stones on most of it. You can see comp area from lot (which makes it nice if you do something stupid, trailer is real close ;D).

OX, You going to make this event?

jbbronc

He guys I am planning on comeing from Ct. We are trailering two Bronco's and if nobody minds my buddy's going to bring his 4runner.We will be arriveing Friday night because it's a 5 hour drive for us so does any body know of a place to stay close to Raush Creek?

OX1

Bronco Guru
OX, You going to make this event?

Probably, but I would be tooling around on hard blues at best in my 78 beater on 36's with doors, roof (and heat ;D). Assuming I make it, I would gladly be a guide for guys who wanted to run milder stuff if you wanted to split in 2 groups. At some point during the day. I would like to do some minor scouting to find a good spot to cut that trail I was discussing in another thread (longer, smoother high speed steep hill climb, something like Harlan has some of). No cutting would be done until spring, but would like to just look around a bit.

Areas considering are either somewhere between traisl H and E or behind the comp area where trails where trail 6 used to be.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Probably, but I would be tooling around on hard blues at best in my 78 beater on 36's with doors, roof (and heat ;D). Assuming I make it, I would gladly be a guide for guys who wanted to run milder stuff if you wanted to split in 2 groups. At some point during the day. I would like to do some minor scouting to find a good spot to cut that trail I was discussing in another thread (longer, smoother high speed steep hill climb, something like Harlan has some of). No cutting would be done until spring, but would like to just look around a bit.

Areas considering are either somewhere between traisl H and E or behind the comp area where trails where trail 6 used to be.

Jim, with a little snow or ice on the ground we'll all be doing mild trails! We're probably getting enough people now to split into 2 groups. Maybe stick together on the milder stuff in the morning, have lunch, then divide up as we need to? Wouldn't mind helping you scout out a hill climb.

Chris, what do you think?

ChrisinWV

Bronco Guru
Loc.
St George Island, MD
I plan to make venison spaghetti for this year's lunch, I'll bring the stove again.......won't be like the manifold burritos in MX, but it won't be bad....:D

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Jim, with a little snow or ice on the ground we'll all be doing mild trails! We're probably getting enough people now to split into 2 groups. Maybe stick together on the milder stuff in the morning, have lunch, then divide up as we need to? Wouldn't mind helping you scout out a hill climb.

Chris, what do you think?

Yea the group is getting big. Probobly will have to split up.

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Couple of guys responded they are going but I don't know your real names only screen names. Can you guys let me know who you are?

97XEB
69SVT
JBBronc

clownshoe

Loc.
Crofton, MD
Smitty - I am towing up with a trailer. If you bust up there we can get you home. Had to do the same thing 2 years ago. My friend broke a rear axle in his jeep - Dana 35 c-clip axle. So we towed his rig and he drove mine home. So don't worry - if you break we'll get you home somehow!

I won't have an open seat - my wife is coming. But its usually not hard to find one. So come on up with or without your Bronco.

I'm trying to work out a deal now that would get her in a paint booth so I will probably be coming up sans bronco. Any open seats? If not no biggie, it would save me a 3 hour drive. My main focus is getting her ready for the roundup in June, so it's probably best that I don't go bang her into a tree.

Smitty

Oh, and sorry it is taking me so long to reply to stuff. We just bought a new house and are waiting for the fiber optics to be ran so we can get net and TV. Should be in by the 20th, but who knows. Till then I'm hanging out at coffee shops like a damn yuppie.