• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Feb 23rd 2008 Snow run, Rausch Creek Offroad Park in Pa--**Pics Added Page 6**

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Sat forcast-

Partly Cloudy High
29°F

Precip
10%

Maybe a coating of snow Friday

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Yeah, looking like the most snow we have ever had for an MEB Snow Run! I hope the roads are OK going up - I plan on leaving in a couple of hours to minimize the drive after dark and in falling temps.

See everyone there! ;D

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Sat, update, the snow run WILL be the SNOW run !!

I got 4 inches on the ground here just north of Philly and Rausch should have 6-8 inches of fresh stuff.

The main and most secondary roads are clear. The main roads to Rausch should be clear in the morning Sat so this is still on. Let us know if your not going to make it.

If your running late Sat give me a call on the cell phone and we'll wait for you.

Chris
215-783-5023

97XEB

Ironically it may be the snow that keeps me away from the Snow Run... We've already got over 6 in North Jerz, on the way to 10 or more - with the freezing rain & sleet expected overnight into the morning.

Thanks, have fun and post pics!
Jim

Chris, if something changes and I head out I'll give you a call.

69svt

Loc.
the 908
should be bout 10 inches if we go by what the weather guy is saying we already have about 6" just off RT 78 in jersey

jbbronc

Snowing real hard here in Ct and heard 84 west is backed up. I think we might have to cancel. Towing to Bronco's in the snow for 5 hours doesn't seem like fun. We are going to make a decision around 4 does anybody know how 84 west is ?

OX1

Bronco Guru
4" snow and rainin here now. Supposed to stop by midnight all the way along my route (195W/NTP-S, PA TPW, NE EXT, and 78W). Not too worried except from the NE extension westward. Going to make a decision around midnight depending upon what I can find out about the ice/sleet.

OX1

Bronco Guru
Snowing real hard here in Ct and heard 84 west is backed up. I think we might have to cancel. Towing to Bronco's in the snow for 5 hours doesn't seem like fun. We are going to make a decision around 4 does anybody know how 84 west is ?

I used this from Hartford, CT to Tremont, PA

http://www.traffic.com/index.html

Got this

I-84 I-691E (EB Exit #27) to RT-8 S. (#19)

* Travel Time: -
* Delay: -
* Distance: 8.5 mi

Accident

is closed between Harpers Ferry Rd (#25) and Harpers Ferry Rd (#24) due to accident - Jack-knifed tractor trailer. Numerous other accidents reported in the area. Use caution and expect delays.

69svt

Loc.
the 908
Im about 5 miles south of 78 in Jersey and everything has pretty much stoped(the snow). All the main roads are pretty clean and moving. im gonna load up tonight and leave tom about 6am unless we get a toen of snow dumped on us tonight

OX1

Bronco Guru
Im about 5 miles south of 78 in Jersey and everything has pretty much stoped(the snow). All the main roads are pretty clean and moving. im gonna load up tonight and leave tom about 6am unless we get a toen of snow dumped on us tonight

Ditto, should be OK by 5-6 AM (unless!!!)

jbbronc

I think we are still going to try and make it. we decided not to leave tonight but at 4am do you guys think the roads will be clear by then? going 84 west into Scranton. Anybody else going in this direction?

OX1

Bronco Guru
I think we are still going to try and make it. we decided not to leave tonight but at 4am do you guys think the roads will be clear by then? going 84 west into Scranton. Anybody else going in this direction?

I'm keeping an eye on this blog.........

http://forums.accuweather.com/index.php?showtopic=5142&st=2580

if it doesn't look pretty good for the morning by 11 tonight, I'm probably not going. Talk of 1/4 inch of ice near allentown , which I go right by on my way.

jbbronc

OX keep us posted on what you are doing. We don't want to trailer on ice thats for sure. We will just have to see everybody at the next event. Mikes really bummed he work hard on his Bronco to go and this would be its maiden voyage.

OP
OP
chris

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Chris, 9amish start time?

Yep, shooting for 9am to line up for a group photo.

Last year Pa screwed up bad during a bad storm. I think they did pretty good for this one and the roads should be in good shape in the am. They are in good shape now.

OX1

Bronco Guru
OX keep us posted on what you are doing. We don't want to trailer on ice thats for sure. We will just have to see everybody at the next event. Mikes really bummed he work hard on his Bronco to go and this would be its maiden voyage.

Looks like it is all pulling out. Going to give it a shot, leaving 5:30.

ransil

Bronco Guru
I drove to Harrisburg last night, road were wet.
I'm about 1 hour south it looks calm and cold outside.
I'm leaving in about an hour.