• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Florida Holopawlooza 2009 ..Weekend & PICS .

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Mark, great job, but where were the prizes and woods and water magazine?

Thanks Allen! We decided to not do prizes this year for several reasons. The economy, the uncertianty of #s of people and space, etc. It was just easier to bypass the raffle this year until we had a year under our belts. Hopefully next year, with the success of this years event, we can use that to talk to some of the vendors and get some prizes to raffle off.

The Woods & Water Magazine guys couldn't make it happen to send someone to the event but they are going to run recap story and some pics in their next issue. I just have to write the article and select a bunch of pics to send to them. They will make the final decisions as to what makes it into the magazine but I have to give them a bunch of options.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Carnage update!!! Dads little blue rig developed a miss on the way back to camp. Upon further investigation a burnt plug wire has been found!!! Major carnage!!!! Just a note Dads bronco was very impressive with it's performance. My big super duty got stuck twice, blue pulled it out both times. We buried the truck and trailer with blue on it on the way in. Blue unloaded and pulled the SD out and then hooked up to the trailer and pulled it back to camp. Blue with it's skinny 30'' tires can go thru any sand I ran into. Blue was dragging axles thru the mud but still pulling thru. Water, well I got it to the over the tires and had no problems. I think it can take anything my dad has for it. Go Blue.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Carnage update!!! Dads little blue rig developed a miss on the way back to camp. Upon further investigation a burnt plug wire has been found!!! Major carnage!!!! Just a note Dads bronco was very impressive with it's performance. My big super duty got stuck twice, blue pulled it out both times. We buried the truck and trailer with blue on it on the way in. Blue unloaded and pulled the SD out and then hooked up to the trailer and pulled it back to camp. Blue with it's skinny 30'' tires can go thru any sand I ran into. Blue was dragging axles thru the mud but still pulling thru. Water, well I got it to the over the tires and had no problems. I think it can take anything my dad has for it. Go Blue.

yup ... Blue did excellent all weekend !!!

So when is the big day when you hand over the keys to your dad ??

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Even though rob and i only wheeled to the 1st group pic and back due to no oil pressure and mis mached gears, it was still fun to get out and put faces to names and hang out at base camp next year hopefully if all goes well i be driving my own bronco. AND WE ARE PLANING NEXT YEAR RIGHT?

fyi there is 1.25 acre sale there for 3k or 25% for 1200n on craigs list

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I looked into it some and if you only want Suburban Estates access, you can pick up a WET lot that will get you 4 keys. There would be little chance of building on it, but it would get you in the gate. Price goes up by degree of dryness and proximity to the gate. still, 10k doesn't sound too bad for 1.25 dry acres near the gate. FYI it is about 11,000 acres total (~17 square miles), and River Ranch is 44,000 acres, but RR is much more restrictive.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
I looked into it some and if you only want Suburban Estates access, you can pick up a WET lot that will get you 4 keys. There would be little chance of building on it, but it would get you in the gate. Price goes up by degree of dryness and proximity to the gate. still, 10k doesn't sound too bad for 1.25 dry acres near the gate. FYI it is about 11,000 acres total (~17 square miles), and River Ranch is 44,000 acres, but RR is much more restrictive.

River Ranch is 72.000 acres and a lot "1.25 acres " sales for $2400.-
you can have up to 4 names on each deed and 4 guest passes !!!
The only restriction I know for wheeling is no bikes ( 2 wheeling ) and in hunting season no night riding in the hunting area !!!

on any other rule the might have .... No one is enforcing them !!!
on big weekends we do have Law enforcement there, but only to observe and keep the peace !!!

Not to long ago (3-4 years) the Law was: who ever carried the biggest gun was right !!!

truck174ff

Loc.
st. cloud fl
I hope everyone enjoyed the ride, I was hoping to stay together as a large group but we all know that is impossible. Great food and yANK is always a hoot at the campfire. I'm glad that those how went enjoyed the night run (Janna LOL) I told yall you would like it. Maybe next time we will have more gas with us to go a little further. See ya at the next one. Franco I would like a CD please.

Last edited:

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Does anyone have any suggestions for next years event? I would also like to know if there was anything anyone didn't particularly like about the event. franko and I would like to make the event bigger and better each year and we would like input from you guys, even constructive criticism. This was our first time running one of these events and we want to make it as good a possible so if there is something you would like to see changed let us know and we'll see what we can do to accomadate it.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I know I said it plenty while riding, but I think it needs to be mandated that at least half of the rigs have a radio. At a bare minimum the lead and tail need radios. My preference would be CB's, but FRS or GPRS will work as well and everyone probably already has the handheld family radios. This would be a vast improvement in keeping the group together and we won't run into the situation where a few trucks get left behind, especially at night. We are fortunate to get cell reception out there, but a radio keeps everyone better connected.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
hey guys .... just wondering !!!
where are all the pic everyone als took, specially the once with me or my EB in it ??
i have some vids to :

[youtube]VMqeF6jSB3g[/youtube]

Last edited:

truck174ff

Loc.
st. cloud fl
CB's or hand held work great. I also would suggest the trail leaders and others incharge exchange numbers incase batteries die. we did the # thing and it helped. But you guys did a great job for being the first one, it will only get better. Glad I could help

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
2nd vid ...

[youtube]YjrOZW7jqdQ[/youtube][/QUOTE]

Smokeater11

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Auburndale,FL
Radios are definitely on the list for next year!! I also want to try and get some sort of map made up that we can give to everyone so that those of us that don't know the property will have a fighting chance to find our way if we get seperated from our group. I know on several occasions I had absolutely NO idea where the heck I was or where I needed to go from there.

OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
Does anyone have any suggestions for next years event?

Quote:
Originally Posted by yANK

I am planning a bronco run in mar corpit west palm anyone wants to go let me know, this is a grate place to wheel and a night of food and fun all done at kevins house the blue uncut bronco his first time out he loved it also the first time he ever drove his bronco and it made it all day and night . I will post more info later date. I had a blast and its was nice to meet all the new bronco guys and see some of the old ones cant wate to next year.
~~~~~~
Quote:
Originally Posted by Franko289

awesome ....
let me know what date / weekend would be best for you guys !!!
I start a new thread for ya all and help you out in any way i can !!!

Last edited:
OP
OP
FRANKO289

FRANKO289

Contributor
Bronco enthusiast
palm beach corbett sometime in march is cool with me !!
If not dry its an awesome place to wheel / trail ride and camp !!!

add. the have booklets and maps showing all color coded trails !!!

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
I can email any of the pics I have posted to anyone that wants them. Originals are 3.2M size.

Attachments

• IMGP2205.jpg
    IMGP2205.jpg
    248.2 KB · Views: 22
  • IMGP2199.jpg
    IMGP2199.jpg
    287.3 KB · Views: 14
  • IMGP2186.jpg
    IMGP2186.jpg
    283.2 KB · Views: 19

thirdtime

Contributor
Heres one for you Franko, I will dig some more out when I get home. Your truck was a beast!

Attachments

• Broncopaloza 09 001.JPG
    Broncopaloza 09 001.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 35