• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Mass Buy - NEW Can-Back soft top

70EB

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Gig Harbor
Chuck,

It is apparent to me that you have always taken your time to get a quality product and ensure that the manufacturer lives up to what is expected. This is a great product for us (even though I can't afford it right now...maybe later). You have always been helpful and taken your time with questions and issues people have. Don't let the "other" bronco houses worry you.

Bill

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
I admire a man that takes his blame when he makes a mistake however I still say CanBack pulled the Ol bait and switch on us. They knew what was put on Jason’s rig and gave you the pricing break down for each part "or should have anyway" ...

I did look at the CanBacks site and didn’t give the Basket and rack thing a second thought because this was a special build for our beloved Broncos.

I have no doubt in BC's ability to handle sales or the marketing aspect , as a matter of fact its BC’s imagination and initiative to produce new products that I really appreciate. For this reason I am still in on the mass buy however they can shove the roof rack. I can go somewhere else for the roof rack or for that matter can buy a whole lot of square tubing to screw up.

It still pisses me off that Canback is trying to renig on their word due to slander from other vendors trying to knock BC’s out of your exclusive agreement THAT CANBACK AGREED TO….However I guess that’s the nature of the beast…..

spieser

Loc.
Shalimar, FL
Chuck,
For all I can tell, you and your crew are out there keeping things fresh for our beloved rigs. Keep up the good work. From me and many others here, Thanks.

boomeroid

Loc.
Reno, NV
Way too early to get a top...

...But, post some pics when you get them installed. I'm months away from needing a top, but I'm dying to see the finished product...
Mundo

GRIZZLY

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lakewood, CA
I was planning on having someone bend up a rack for mine later anyway. Hmmmm, last time I was at BC's they had a new bender they were playing with....hint, hint. Just trying to throw another iron on the fire for you Chuck.

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
Right now, on my A list I have this mass buy, the 1/4 panel protector mass buy, both taking more time and money than they should have. And the catalog. And a new adjustable track bar and my roll cage ready to go. Both are done and waiting for money. Then the B list, side skins, roadstar doors, roof rack/basket, Aux tank, inside 1/4 panels,front and rear diff. skid plates, twin stick and 11 other things. Not counting the things Jason is working on. BTW, Jason now has the LEDs for dash lights plus a blue one for the hi beam and green for the turn signals.
The bottom line is I need to clean up what I have going right now (the A list) before starting the roof rack/basket so it will be a while.

MnkyBiz

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Northern VA/DC
Jason's fun

Chuck!

Let Jason know that lots of us are interested in the LED's and such!

Keep up the great work! WE ALL APPRECIATE THE HIGH QUALITY OF STUFF YOU KEEP OFFERING US!

Bill Criss

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
I just talked to Jim of Wild Horses. Jim wanted me to know that he was not the bad guy in this thing. I have dealt with Jim since I started in this business and in all of my dealing with him he has keep his word. Because of the past dealings I will be selling the CanBack tops to him so you will also be able to get them from Jim with my blessing. I know my blessing is not required but wanted to let everyone know.

77TexasBronc

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Baytown Texas
Chuck, I had a change of heart after calling around and getting prices on the roof rack prices. looks like I am in for another 150.00 since its going to be awhile before you guys would be able to offer them. I too have to many projects going on to tackle building my own. Sorry for losing it there for a bit. :-[ Thanks for the great products and deals that you offer us.

Cheers, Garry

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
classic4x4s said:
Chuck,

The check went out in today's mail. What's the eta? No hurry, just curious.
CanBack says 2 weeks. Charlie also said that they would be "the best dam tops I ever saw" I think he will be right.

swingle61

Loc.
Greeley, Co.
Chuck, can you give us an update on an approximate ship date on the tops. It was almost 60 her the other day and really want to lose the hard top.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
:p

A lil late & all I know, BUT

?:? Do the rear windows have the option of zip'n out? ?:?

%) or just mearly just roll up? %)

And... ;D sence I missed the mass buy what will the regular list price be on these tops???

TIA

:cool:

chuck

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Ingram, Texas
The top is $1200. The side windows are $200. The rear and sides roll up. Can back says they had to make a few changes but the first tops should be shipping late next week if all goes well.

Slick

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Petoskey, MI
:p

I assume that there are no plans on have'n the sides and back removable any time soon?

Is there a reason NOT to have them zip off? Leakes??

...ok I'll shut up now

:cool: