• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

O.P.E.C. SUCKS!!!! Propane starting to smell GREAT!

68ford

Bronco Guru
can anyone on here sell their house and buy one of the same value in their neighborhood and have money left over from the money they made?
its percieved value,you really dont make any money unless you move somewhere cheaper, then you have money left in your pocket.

68ford

Bronco Guru
jbeyer said:
that makes no sense.

if you sell your house and dont buy anything else- you have a pile. if you buy back your house- you have the value of the house.

exactly!your house made no real world money, thtas my point.

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
68ford said:
exactly!your house made no real world money, thtas my point.

its called equity, son. before i bought my house i had squat, now i have about a hundred grand in equity. thats why you buy instead of rent. there is no law that sez i have to buy another house. and when my kids put me in the home, they dont have to put that money back into real estate.

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
feitctaj said:
Where did the Propane go? Iam out of propane, need it to heat my garage

lets take this out on an even further tangent. why you need propane? it was 76 out today. perfecxt weather to fill that foot deep gully that the storms put in my driveway. so why an i post whoring instead?

68ford

Bronco Guru
jbeyer said:
its called equity, son. before i bought my house i had squat, now i have about a hundred grand in equity. thats why you buy instead of rent. there is no law that sez i have to buy another house. and when my kids put me in the home, they dont have to put that money back into real estate.

didnt say it wasnt better than renting, just saying that your home isnt making money like everyone talks about. rent is waste, buying a home isnt, thats real easy, but can you sell your house and then buy(pay off) more with the money you made?

68ford

Bronco Guru
sorry i ruined this thread,ill be quite, theres no ppoint in arguing this point nobody ever want to look at it the way it is happening.
back to propane, uhaul down the street from my work sells it, we service their trucks so maybe i cant get someone a discount.

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
68ford said:
didnt say it wasnt better than renting, just saying that your home isnt making money like everyone talks about. rent is waste, buying a home isnt, thats real easy, but can you sell your house and then buy(pay off) more with the money you made?

thats just crazy talk. that like asking- can you take 10 bucks out of the bank and then buy 15 bucks worth of cheeseburgers with it?

the point is- i had no money when i bought my place. now i have a hundred grand worth of equity. if i sell and buy something else, i still have a hundred grand of equity.

68ford

Bronco Guru
if you put money in the bank or actually make money, it would be like putting in 10 and take out 15.
that happens with houses,but they all go up in value and you need to live so you would have to buy another house which went up the same as yours. my point is that homes dont generate wealth.

68ford

Bronco Guru
about fuel though, why is it that prices go up in summer? why that season?

jbeyer

Bronco Guru
Loc.
new york city
68ford said:
if you put money in the bank or actually make money, it would be like putting in 10 and take out 15.
that happens with houses,but they all go up in value and you need to live so you would have to buy another house which went up the same as yours. my point is that homes dont generate wealth.

if you put 10 bucks in an interest bearing account, it will eventually be worth 15.
a house is abetter investment.
and yes if i took that 15 dollars out and put it in a different interest bearing account, i still wouldnt have any cash in my pocket.
now if i took that 15 bucks and bought some crack, thats a different story.

68ford

Bronco Guru
i understand why you would say its an investment, your right. my only point is that house dont make money. it saving you money and your kids will then save, understand completely.
all im asking is if you sell your house and obviously you will need to buy another, will you have come out ahead and made money?
with 2 houses or a house where you can rent out part, you can make money, generate revenue. you cant make money off one house.
there are certain cases where particular areas or neighborhoods go up in value more and you can buy a cheaper yet equal house close buy maybe, but im talking in general.
my buddy lives in a neighborhood in south oc where all the homes are the same. he talks about how much money his house is making him. but when i say" can u sell yours and buy you neighbors and still have money?" he gets real quite.