• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

push button start

shamu

Lucky as the day is long.
Loc.
Sachse,Tx
Like this? I got it from Smileys racing.

Attachments

• Push button 007.jpg
    Push button 007.jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 438

Broncobowsher

Total hack
There are 2 versions of this.
The race car version, pushing the button spins the starter, ignition is handled other ways.
Fancy car version, RFID, brake pedal pressed is the difference between just turning the ignition on and turning the ignition on and spinning the starter.

Race car version, no big deal. I find it a little pathetic. Can't figure out how to make stock ignition switch work right.

Nice car version, there are a few aftermarket kits on the market. All the factory stuff is built into the engine computer.

El Kabong

Contributor
Driving stuff Henry built
Mine has a push start, but there's no button involved. ;D

swampu

Loc.
Biloxi
If you have kids, do yourself a favor and don't with out a lock out device. Kids play and all of a sudden there pushing buttons and cranking on your starter.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I had push button start on my 73, but that was only because I fried the ignition circuit and it was the easiest solution

KyleQ

Bronco Guru
I've got a button on the dash to run the starter - works great for just bumping it over without having to reach for the ignition.

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
I have a toggle master switch, a push button start, and a round-key switch to disable the master. I rarely use the key, but I can use it when I need it. It was easy to wire up off the original ignition switch.

chriswitt

I installed a "Digital Guard Dawg" push button start on mine. Was expensive but cool.

patterdale

Bronco Guru
It's really no big deal. A toggle switch for the ign. Circuit and a push button to activate the starter. If you don't put a cutoff before the push button any yahoo can turn it over by pushing the button. Just be careful.

Bitch'nBronco

Contributor
Loose Cannon
Loc.
Havre De Grace, MD
Yep, got it at o'reilly.
IMG_20121230_230650.jpg

Last edited:

addicted

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Broussard, Louisiana
I think push button start is kind of cool but I love how ads make it sound like turning a key is such a pain in the ass. Lol. Like the kitchen gadget ads that make consumers look like complete idiots. Spilling shit and burning everything because you dont have their revolutionary pasta pot with holes in the lid or the no spill pancake batter dispenser. lol I always thought remote start was neat though. Especially in cold climates where you wouldnt have to freeze your butt off waiting for the windows to defrost.

OP
OP
dube

dube

Bronco Guru
Loc.
big lake Mn

graniteguy

Loc.
Kempner, TX
my wife and i got stranded last week with keyless start in my wifes fiesta. I dropped her off at the vet and went to get tags for the car. As soon as I shut the engine off I thought- oh crap. My wife had the key fob in her purse.

After I drove off (after dropping her off) the car did beep to warn me, but I thought it was her phone going off of bluetooth when she exited.

Technology..............