• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Raptors EFI swap problems update,IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Check for codes. Pull the SPOUT and check timing with a light while cranking. Anything changed that may affect A/F ratio, like open PCV vac line?

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
No change to A/F to the best of my knowledge, it was running, and now it is not.

ransil

Bronco Guru
Re: Raptors EFI swap problems update, no start at all!

Pull codes
Set timing 0-10 make sure you have the dist correctly and not 180 out
Check firing order again
Screw the idle adjust screw in , make sure the throttle plate is open idle speed at this point does not matter, fine tuning can be done later.
Make sure battery is fully charged

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
It sounds to me like the dizzy could be 180 degrees off. Check all your plug wires.

Here is a decent website with some very useful information. I can't say everything is spot on but has some great info. SBF-Tech

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
Guys the dizzy is fine, it was running barely and now it is not. I have verified the timing with the spout removed, it's dead on. I am going to regap the plugs and try again. I have fuel air and spark, I should have fire, if no fire I will rig up a test light and see if I have injector pulse or just a fuel dump.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
I am having charging issues with my Alt, didn't realize my battery was running under 11v- sounded like issues similar to yours, had spark, fuel and was timed right, just wouldn't run. Just a thought, but would check your battery voltage and if you get it running, check the alternator to verify it's output.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I hit the leads of the plug for the number 5 injector with a timing light and it pulsed about 5 times a second.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
It's time to cut my losses, I have a few more things to try on the cobra EFI and then it's got to go. If I cannot get it up and running by the end of the week I will be taking it all off and going back to the Q jet for SMORR. When I get back I'll sell it all and go with a kit from affordablefuelinjection. I'm not giving up yet but this is getting rediculous and I think that my harnes and computer with all of the intake fuel rails ect should be enough to recoup most of the cost for the TBI.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
dayum that sucks...can you swap EEC's? maybe you damaged the eec....is the rotor spinning while cranking it over?

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
No clue on EEC, I have spark, what seems to be too much fuel and I am not sure what else. Nothing seems to work to get this thing going. If somone has a 95 cobra eec they can loan me to test I would be forever grateful.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
And the codes are??? You aren't making it easy to help.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
And the codes are??? You aren't making it easy to help.

Sorry about that, the problem I am having with codes is, one I do not have a scanner, two when I took it to the parts store none of those retards were able to scan it. One person said it's not connection to the computer and the other said, it's fine there are no codes.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
Disconnect the battery for 30 minutes and make sure it is charged. You need to clear the kams. Does the fuel pump kick on for a few seconds when you turn the key on? I did not catch the system components, ECU, injectors, MAF, throttle body, etc.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
Sorry about that, the problem I am having with codes is, one I do not have a scanner, two when I took it to the parts store none of those retards were able to scan it. One person said it's not connection to the computer and the other said, it's fine there are no codes.

There's always codes.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
95 gt 5.0 cobra

65mm BBK TB
24# injectors
ebay cobra 24# MAF
stock ECU

Pump kicks on for 2 secs when ke on and pump runs while cranking.

I have spark and the plugs are wet with fuel.

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
How about a pic of the MAF? '94-'95 MAFs were the same for all mustangs. I need to know what the sensor number is and if it's in the correct housing.