• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Raptors EFI swap problems update,IT'S ALIVE!!!!!!!!

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I think I have a new 95 computer i can get you a good deal on. Its not mine bit the guy that has it left it at my house like a year ago, I will call him.

rjrobin2002

Contributor
Bronco Guru
It was from a gt auto I think. I will get the code when I get home.

NYLES

Bronco Guru
So there really is no return line back to the tank? There's your problem.

Teflon tape isn't causing the gauge problem. The wrong sender range is.

I got money on this answer...now back to readin

Viperwolf1

Contributor
electron whisperer
Re: Raptors EFI swap problems update, no start at all!

Maf looks right. Might be worthwhile cleaning it though.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
I'm having a really hard problem with all this crap, I can easily think of 800 dollars worth of shit to go and buy to make this thing run right. New computer, new TPS, IAC, MAF, New injectors. Or I'm going to sell this whole ball of wax minus the HP pump and TFI coil for 600 plus shipping, not joking.

I'll keep trying for right now, a guy at work is supposed to bring in a scanner tomorrow.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
you used a test light and you get nothing?? it should light up when turning key on, and flash for codes...doesnt make sense.

can you be getting so much fuel...it wont actually spark? try pulling relay for pump and turn it over...what the heck right? worth a shot

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
It has spark and fuel but no fire, too much fuel so I unplug the pump. Still no fire. But I called my dad, guess who has the 2100 from their highschool bronco on the shelf! Booo YA!

Guys I don't know what is wrong with this thing but I am getting an edelbrock and adapter to run the 2100 until I get back from Howiepalooza then it's going to TBI pending codes I pull tomorrow.

blazinchuck

Bronco Guru
i hate to see ya give up...but i understand your situation.i still feel your getting false info tho...not sure how, but if ya have fuel,spark, and air---should lite up(especially on a carb) but efi can be more tricky.i cant stress enough, ya gotta learn how to perform those test...makes a big difference when tracking issues down. ive been lucky, this site and a good friend have saved my azz numerous times...all in all teaching me more and more.my last issues was simply driving around, stopped for a drink at a store...then no more starting. i was like wth?? turned out the eec took a dump. turned over but no fire up...no engine check lite,no fuel pump,etc.

wish ya luck man!!!

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
i hate to see ya give up...but i understand your situation.i still feel your getting false info tho...not sure how, but if ya have fuel,spark, and air---should lite up(especially on a carb) but efi can be more tricky.i cant stress enough, ya gotta learn how to perform those test...makes a big difference when tracking issues down. ive been lucky, this site and a good friend have saved my azz numerous times...all in all teaching me more and more.my last issues was simply driving around, stopped for a drink at a store...then no more starting. i was like wth?? turned out the eec took a dump. turned over but no fire up...no engine check lite,no fuel pump,etc.

wish ya luck man!!!

Not giving up just yet! Still trying but I need to draw the line soon and make the swap back so I can be read to wheel. I was a tad rich with the Q-jet so I'll try the autolite first. I will prob set this stuff aside and try it another day.

OP
OP
br0nc0xrapt0r

br0nc0xrapt0r

Loves pickles
see the burn?

Attachments

• IMAG0857.jpg
    IMAG0857.jpg
    95.9 KB · Views: 68
  • IMAG0858.jpg
    IMAG0858.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 62

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I've been following this and hope to see good news every time I open the thread. I hope the EEC is your problem and you get to wheel with efi. Good luck!