• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Thinking about producing trail covers...

is thre interest in a revivied "saddle up" type trail cover?

• Total voters

jmhend

Bronco Guru
Well, I have some bad news. The tranny has a massive leak and the pinion seal needs replaced as well.

And I hate to break everyone's heart but the truck will remain a version of "Orange" and not a hint of "YELLOW" sorry Randy. I couldn't have a truck half as nice as your so I concede defeat on trying to copy the yellow.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Well, I have some bad news. The tranny has a massive leak and the pinion seal needs replaced as well.

And I hate to break everyone's heart but the truck will remain a version of "Orange" and not a hint of "YELLOW" sorry Randy. I couldn't have a truck half as nice as your so I concede defeat on trying to copy the yellow.

Like I said, U of F orange and freezing to death blue. ;D My first Bronco was orange so I'm partial.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Do the Trail Covers fit half cabs and hard tops??

Here's some shots of the trail covers on a half cab and full hard top. Thanks to Ed Stalnaker for sending the pics. Still covers the glass on both pretty well but needs a hoop where the roll bar would be to hold it up taking the sag out of the back on the halfcab.

Attachments

• IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 128
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 116

bronco loco

It never ends
Loc.
Long Island New York
You came out with a great cover, I had one of the original *********** and this one is much better, the material alone is much thicker and making the door sides longer was a good idea.

malonejy

Bronco Guru
Please forgive me for being lazy and not wanting to re-look through 17 pages of threads, but are these now in production? Maybe you can update the first post or start a new thread? This thread is all over the place :eek:;)

Nightstick

Bronco guy
Please forgive me for being lazy and not wanting to re-look through 17 pages of threads, but are these now in production? Maybe you can update the first post or start a new thread? This thread is all over the place :eek:;)

I need one of them too. I had a wet ass for a day after monsoon season rolled through OCBR the first day.

Dlish

Check on page 15, there is an email address for the guy who makes the cover.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Trail Cover ordering info

Hey All-
Yes, the thread tends to get hijacked a bit so a brief synopsis;

Covers are now in production with a number of you receiving them with good comments. I am in the process (finally) of updating our site with many products we've had in production but neglected to add. Until they are on the site, you can order directly from my friend/vendor Serguei. The new site will have a page with all his soft goods; soft windows, jammers, bikinis, and covers, which will link directly to him for ordering.

His email is; Skvitt5@hotmail.com.

Price is $165 (Full or slant back). Send him your zip and which version for a quote with shipping. I believe he has some in stock but if not it's a couple weeks at most from the time he orders material until they ship. All orders are prepaid.

Here's a recap of pics. Covers installed over hard tops and cages. "ODie", my truck, has a low roll bar and the windshield extension for the bikini making it fit a bit tall in front.

Attachments

• Slat Back Trail Cover (6).jpg
    Slat Back Trail Cover (6).jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 85
  • Slat Back Trail Cover (4).jpg
    Slat Back Trail Cover (4).jpg
    36 KB · Views: 96
  • Full Cage Trail Cover (4).jpg
    Full Cage Trail Cover (4).jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 121
  • Full Cage Trail Cover (3).jpg
    Full Cage Trail Cover (3).jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0408.jpg
    IMG_0408.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 80
  • IMG_0409.jpg
    IMG_0409.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 72
  • IMG_0587.jpg
    IMG_0587.jpg
    51.6 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_0588.jpg
    IMG_0588.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Great stuff, glad someone took the initiative to come out w/a good product.

Thank you.

Dlish

Just got my cover today...
1. Sergeui was super easy to order from, email contact was awesome and had a tracking # right after he sent it.
2. Cover is most excellent. I have a light bar above my windshield so the cover doesn't come completely down to the hood, but the fit and finish is really really good. Eventually the light bar will come off and I will fill the holes in the windshield frame, and I expect it will cover the entire windshield.

Over all I am super pleased, thanks for the great product.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
Hey Jrnymn,
The original covers were trailered successfully with a couple reports of some strap attachment point failures. The new version is of heavier fabric, and reinforced in the areas where the previous manufacturers cover revealed stress points. If you go back in the thread, you'll see pics of trucks with covers in place on a trailer with good reviews.

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Ordered my full cover and it is expected to ship this week. Very good communication through email. Look forward to getting it and will post some pics up when it comes!

green77bronco

Loc.
SAn Antonio,TX
I just trailered my Bronco with the cover on, hit speeds between 65-70. And got some heavy rain. No problems with the cover. Great product, very happy.

Attachments

• spring 2012 200.jpg
    spring 2012 200.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 158
  • spring 2012 201.jpg
    spring 2012 201.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 230

SC74

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I got mine in last week and it is great quality! I slid it over the soft top and it fits like a charm. As soon as I pull the soft top off I will snap some pics of it over the cage.

gravy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Parsippany
can more material be added to the windsheild area so it comes down further?? I run the bestop riser.

OP
OP
BroncoDesign

BroncoDesign

Loc.
USA
adding more material for tall riser

Gravy-
Just asked Serguei your question. He says sure, just needs to know how much. tell me mhow tall your riser is so I can tell him the difference between yours and the original. ;)
Rgds, Mike