• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

av bronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Palmdale CA
Adjusted the valves, this aint no easy task. passenger side isint no prob. but we get to the drivers side, first remove shifting linkage, throttle linkage, brake booster bracket, then fish the V/C out from everything else. then TRY to get it all back where it was without screwing up the gasket. PITA

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Lets hope you dont have to rip into it!!!

It seems pretty tight. It starts a little hard but it has the 8 year old battery from the Camaro. I'm driving it to Shafter today. It should loosten up a bit. Washed the car yesterday. It was a mess. Hasn't been out of the garage since before Christmas.

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
Painted my valve covers and oil pan. Dang paint has a matte finish and I didn't want a matte finish. Picked up parts at NAPA.

Started blasting my intake when wife said it was time to start the grill fer a drunk chicken. Oh well a man's gotta eat.

stock1970

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Olathe, Kansas
cut the front of the rear fenders out about 2inches to clear the tires when they are pushed up in the fender.. then went to the mall with my daughter and a guy walked up with his cell phone and started taking some pictures.. made us both smile..

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Broke down in the Dairy Queen parking lot with my wife riding along......... no wonder she sont like broncos every time she gets in one it breaks.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Thought about it, taking a weekend off to give paint and seam sealer time to cure before I install flares and get ready for FINAL paint. Still looking for some tires on the cheap, 34's to 36's for a 15" rim, If you know of any with a little life left in them let me know, Just have to last about 4 months.

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
Put the new flywheel on and started to put the pressure plate and clutch on when I find the bolts that fit the flywheel are larger than the holes in the pressure plate. I don't trust anything that the PO did so I will probably replace the clutch with a new kit. Then when I picked up the trans by both the input and output shafts the output shaft moved, so I took off the inspection cover and played with it until a roller bearing fell out. I guess now I will have to take the trans (3 speed) apart and make a repair. Dang it!

msweb

Bronco Guru
More work on the dash. Tacked in the piano hinge after cutting the overlay to fit and I now have a fold down dash ;D

More pictures at my dash build thread

Attachments

• 100_2532.jpg
    100_2532.jpg
    262.1 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_2534.jpg
    100_2534.jpg
    274.2 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

shonivey

I looked for her a new place to live. just finished the shop and pool , so it's time for me to go ...i guess. actually a great market with all the foreclosures. I do feel bad for those that lost their homes....but i need one now.

shonivey

More work on the dash. Tacked in the piano hinge after cutting the overlay to fit and I now have a fold down dash ;D

do you plan on mounting gauges on the flip down part? is it just for easy access? looks good , just curious.

msweb

Bronco Guru
do you plan on mounting gauges on the flip down part? is it just for easy access? looks good , just curious.

At the moment, I'm planning on the speedo and tach to be on the main part of the dash. Speedo to the left of the column and that part won't fold down since it'll have the rollbar there and be so short. The tach will be on the right side of the column. That section will fold from the right edge of the column to the glove box. I'll have four other gauges but at the moment, I'm planning on them being mounted under the dash in a seperate center console.

Reason for the fold is mainly for access to wiring. I'm not able to lay in the floor and contort to see under the dash let alone work under there so I did it more for necessity than anything but I have to admit, I also thought it'd be kinda cool ;)