• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

WyleCoyote

Bronco Guru
Lets see...Wednesday I changed all the break-in fluids out, tack welded the sliders on my BCB tank, I wasn't going to do that, but I noticed one of the bolts had come loose and the tank was sitting on the filler hose!

Last night I painted my new cage with Hammerite black, and realized I didn't get enough to do even 2 coats and I wanted to do 4...then I read the can, and it says recoat in 1 hour or after 10 days. Nice. So I'm installing the cage, then in 10 days I'll pull it back out again to do coats 2-4.

Today I drove it to work, still topless and doorless, the sky is overcast and it was 40 degrees out...but I drove it anyhow, it won't rain right?

shonivey

Cleaned a old floor mat up and put it in my little green 74 EB. Now I'm looking for some inner quarter pannels and matching door pannels but don't want new ones

oh i see now a green one.....the blue one was SLICK. cya next year I hope

shonivey

popped the hood to see wheren the water was coming from at the super cele , got sidetracked by a beer. teusday...maybe...my day off

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Mounted up some new to me 33's

and turned this
DSCF0055Medium.jpg

into this

IMG00337-20100430-1718Medium.jpg

lil red

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
picked up a body mount kit. Thought it would be better to replace them before I start cutting things up to replace panels.

Quick question: Called Daystar to ask about torque requirements. The guy that answered the phone answered without even taking a breath. I'm not sure how he could know that off the top of his head. Does 45 ft-lbs. sound right? Thanks.

Stutsmo

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I spent the better part of the last 3 days replacing the oilpan gasket, putting on a new starter, and replaced the clutch in my 69 halfcab in an effort to drive it to Broncorama tomorrow. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I need to replace my rear u joint and nobody stocks them around here. Talk about letting the wind out of my sail! I stayed home from work today to try and make this happen..... O well Guess there is always next year.....

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I spent the better part of the last 3 days replacing the oilpan gasket, putting on a new starter, and replaced the clutch in my 69 halfcab in an effort to drive it to Broncorama tomorrow. NOT GONNA HAPPEN! I need to replace my rear u joint and nobody stocks them around here. Talk about letting the wind out of my sail! I stayed home from work today to try and make this happen..... O well Guess there is always next year.....

Steal one from the front shaft, and pick up a replacement on your way to Broncorama. Problem solved, Or pull rear shaft, lock hubs, 4 hi and you have a Front Wheel Drive Bronco!

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
shed a tear, Tasker's gonna be a busy boy underneath tomorrow! Need a lower coil mount, t/c case mounts and motor mounts....

msweb

Bronco Guru
Found a stable mate for it but don't know if it'll follow me home yet.

Attachments

• 100_2627.jpg
    100_2627.jpg
    253.3 KB · Views: 17

recoiljunky

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan, AL. USA
Broke in the new cam today. Comp Cams XE284H, 284 durantion, .541 lift.

I used Rotella 15w 40 and Comp Cams break in additive, ran it up to 2500 rpm and let it run for 30 minutes.

It seems to run pretty good. I let it idle down and I set the initial timing to 10BTDC and quickly set the idle mixture. The test spin was pretty impressive but I still have some tuning to do. Hopefully I'll get to it tomorrow morning. The driver side drive train sounds a little off too, maybe it will work itself out.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
installed front floor body mounts...po put floors in and never put the mounts in, also installed a plastic glovebox. Tomorrow help my buddy with his an hopefully find out why my directionals don't work now....

mango

Loc.
Sarasota, FL
Replaced front shock mount bushings. Changed oil after discovering I had left the dipstick out during the last mudfest. Changed transfer case oil. Little bit of water in there.

fmcpeters

Well it took me more than just today, and still not all the way finished, but put an NP435 in. Still need a few (hopefully just a few) tweaks. I built my own adapter, took the housing off of the NP435 I bought had a machine shop cut it off and mill it down nice and flat, cut about 1 1/4 inch off the Bronco adapter, milled it nice and even, beveled it down with a grinder and welded it up. To make sure it was true, I bolted the plate to the transmission then slid the adapter on with the shaft held in alignment by the bearing (had to buy a new bearing, didn't like the heat) came out nice and true. We will see how it holds up.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
I had run straight H2o this week in the rebuild to make sure of no leaks. Replaced with the correct coolant today. Re-wired the choke to the ignition switch ratheer than the alternator. Replaced the tachometer. All this after replacing both electric window regulators in my son's Pontiac today.