• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

joser

Loc.
Chesterfield, MI
Finished installing new Tom's 3.5 11 pack rear leafs with WH extreme U bolts. Also installed 6* shims to help with pinion anxle in the rear. Then replaced driver side rear axle seal.

Now I need to replace rear shocks. My old shocks were not long enough for the droop on my axle.

BroncoWanted

Loc.
North Mississippi
Late last night I finished fixing my frame damage and plating the area with 1/4 inch steel plate.

Replaced front and rear seals in the T-Case painted and re-installed it.

66broncofan

Contributor
does yesterday count?

Broke the drivers side rear drum removing it to replace the 3rd member. Oh well, got the drop out in and replaced the axel seals so it was worth it! Waiting on a used turnable drum from my good buddy Don Allison! Very soon to be on the road for the first time in about 5 years.

blubuckaroo

Grease Monkey
Loc.
Ridgefield WA
Fine tuning the new motor. Restabbed the distributor for better placement of the vacuum advance. Changed the metering rod pull-up springs to a stiffer set to get rid of a boggy spot. This thing is real peppy now. I love my Edelbrock carb!

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
installed my 23 gallon aero tank, and had my tailpipe re-routed.

Attachments

• DSCF3357.JPG
    DSCF3357.JPG
    102.8 KB · Views: 31
  • DSCF3358.JPG
    DSCF3358.JPG
    83.1 KB · Views: 36
  • DSCF3359.JPG
    DSCF3359.JPG
    107.5 KB · Views: 29

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Installed a mallory unilight dist. Pulled the pump shaft up with it and dropped it in the pan. Pulled the pan, fixed the pump shaft and RETAINER!!! Put it back together, drove around some. No leaks so far.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Laid out the rear tank (was a 23 gal pattern, if calculations are correct should be 25.5 now)in 16 ga. stainless (like you could not have guessed that one) and sent it out for welding, Would rather have someone else to blame if it leaks. Started the gauge install.

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Nothing a hot shower didn't fix!!!

I ended up breaking the lines to the master, so I redid them...bled one side, now I have to bleed the other today before the inspection...

Other than a few rattle cans of paint, she's ready for BYOB!!!

You da Man.. ;)

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
took her for a nice 70 plus mile shakedown...other than some timing issues and minor bulb annoyances, she did quite well...

Something's up though. I can accelerate great, but cruising is uneven, and a little blippy...not a consistant engine speed at all...anyon ehave any thoughts?

bax

Contributor
Old Member
no that's the bottom of the tank. their skid plate would be an extra sheet of steel welded to the bottom, but i didn't get it on mine. that's their corners, not square like everybody else's.

Well from the picture it looks like a 12 year old built it. It may hold gas but it looks like poo.

bax

Contributor
Old Member
Wow, kind of harsh. I did not think it looked too bad considering the rolled edge design.

It looks like a sloppy metal quilt? Just a bunch of patch work welded together.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
I bet your new tank will look 10 times better than that.

And shiny too!! I will hold my thoughts on that till I get it back, but if the welds I saw on the HUGE tanks they were building are any indication you will be 100% correct.

They build these
msi_index2_04.jpg

Was just reading another thread about the same tank.

What they could improve upon:
1. Their welds are not asthetically pleasing - I have no doubt their welds are strong but they're not the most consistent looking patterns
2. The paint they coat them with is not very tough - I'd guess rattlecan paint at best.

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
Well from the picture it looks like a 12 year old built it. It may hold gas but it looks like poo.

i honestly don't care what it looks like as long as it does the job. this is what i could afford. i'm not offended, i think it looks funky too.