• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
The motor rebuild now has 500 miles so I did a little tightening. Retorqued the intake, valve covers, and headers. It had a slight hesitation off idle so I bumped up the timing and adjusted the accelerator pump stroke. I changed the timing from 12* to 14*. It made a huge difference in throttle response and still no ping.

Looking forward to getting a ride!

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
I got my new deaver coils and 3 of the 4 bilsteins installed...#4 has been delayed - come on FedEx!!! Can't want to see how this sucker rides now!

ncsubronc

threw the beach chairs in the back and drove down to Kiawah Island with my wife. met another Bronco brother in the parking lot who said his 70 is tore apart in the garage right now.

DonsBolt

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Chestnut Hill, Mass
Painted the rear bars orange

well maybe it's paint %)

hehe

Just wanted to see what it would look like, so went to my friends sign shop, and grabbed some orange vinyl

Think it looks pretty cool ;D:cool:

Attachments

• orangebars.jpg
    orangebars.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 39
  • orangebars2.jpg
    orangebars2.jpg
    98.8 KB · Views: 36

jray

Removed the battery and tore out the old battery tray, cleaned up some rust, primed, painted, installed new battery tray and battery.

msweb

Bronco Guru
Nothing to mine today but trying to locate a working 2 barrel carb and rear bumper for a wareaglebronc's Bronco...... It was supposed to be all finished when he got home from Afghanistan but the shop redoing it is still having issues and has now gone way over budget..... %)

OP
OP
Heus33

Heus33

Bronco Guru
Painted the rear bars orange

well maybe it's paint %)

hehe

Just wanted to see what it would look like, so went to my friends sign shop, and grabbed some orange vinyl

Think it looks pretty cool ;D:cool:

Looks great Don! :cool:

gearida

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Newburgh, IN
I spent all weekend finishing my install of the trans., t-case, drive shafts, and shifters. Then laid under it and admired my work. Then removed it all! Found the trans had slipped and the detents moved locking it into third gear. I thought I had put it in first, 50/50 chance at least it was the right direction... okay, so today I brought the trans into work and rebuilt it again...! Now back to reinstalling the drive train again this weekend. Boy is my old body stiff!

BoltBuster

Bronco Guru
$1000 later and I got the new 1 wire alternator back in and running =)

1 WildHorses Alternator Bracket Kit
1 WildHorses Power Steering Bracket Kit
1 WildHorses Water Pump Pulley
1 WildHorses Drive Pulley
New Cooling Fan
Starter Soleniod
Battery Wires
New Belts and Bolts

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
What I did to SnakeBite today .. I took the wife for her 1st ride in it .. Mimi Taco and I went for a spin down to the grave yard and bad.. Other that the noise of the diesel she said she liked it.. When I got on it a little she looked over and says I believe it runs stronger than the old V8 .. YA IT DOES!.....
..Then Taco and I went to pasture looking for a cow that been missing.. No cow but we did see several deer ..Taco can't hardly stay in the the Bronco if he sees a rabbit or deer or turkey .... I think he does truly love his ride in the evening.....

lil red

Loc.
San Antonio, TX
I had to come to Denver today on business. So, I thought I would call Melissa, at Broncohut, and go visit. Unfortunately, she was out. Oh well, she is a pleasure to deal with (Dana too) and the headers I got from them for my GT40P heads are bad ass!