• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Dan's73

Bronco Guru
I visited mine at the body shop yesterday...they asked me to come by & go over some things but, when I got there, I was in for a surprise: it was like Bronco Christmas! There were boxes of parts everywhere from several different vendors.

In all, there was a new fender, new tailgate, 2 new bumpers & hardware, new fender flares, rear reflectors, and a few other odds & ends. Now that they have most everything in the EB will be getting almost completely torn down, straightened, rebuilt, & repainted! Yay!

I'll be going back next week to pull the soft top, wiper ass'y, & some of the interior so that they can move forward with the rest of the body & paint work. The shop's been great in that they're letting me help to offset some of the extra work I'm having them do while it's in there (shaving stock spare carrier, repainting the underside of the hood & cowl, fixing some other small dings that weren't related to the accident, etc.) They're also going to swap the original '73 doors for the pretty pair of '68s I've had for a while, removable window frames & all. Still looking at 4 weeks or so to get her back but she should look stunning when I do!

jsnouffer

Contributor
Hit a high of 80 today in MD so I had to take her out to blow the cobwebs out of the tailpipes. Received the tach from WH so hopefully that will go in this weekend... once I figure out the best places to make the required connections.

DevilDog

Loc.
Virginia
Dropped it off at the body shop for sandblasting and paint. Hoping it all comes out right and under budget. My little guy asked if he could name the bronco. It is now affectionately known as "Tree Stump", and the legend begins...

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
may see the light of day tomorrow. Mad some good progress tonight.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
i was able get the valve covers cleaned and painted...WOOHOO!!! Pictures to follow on sundat.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Have been getting some work done on the under dash console. It will eventually extend back into an armrest but that will do for now. Having the NV3550 in there makes things a bit tighter versus an automatic. However, I like how it is coming along so far.

Attachments

• Bronco Build Pics 2011 007.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2011 007.jpg
    128.3 KB · Views: 32
  • Bronco Build Pics 2011 005.jpg
    Bronco Build Pics 2011 005.jpg
    120 KB · Views: 33

jray

Mounted the jack, crank and lug wrench on the fender well where they should be and then drove it.

jsnouffer

Contributor
Installed the new tach... now I have to get the gauge cluster refurbished so it's as purdy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300570094.111081.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1300570094.111081.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 45

Z Bronco

Bronco Guru
Drove It, took pictures of the engine before I tear all the carb stuff off, moved some of the EFI stuff around in the garage, and dreamed it was all done.

jalapeño

Loc.
Philly 'burbs, PA
4450ec73-5097-c255.jpg

Decreased and cleaned 44 yrs of dirt off the under carriage. Then painted w/ Rust Encapsulator.

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
Drove it out to my brothers to weld the front back together on his his 74. When I got back home I took the rear springs out to get ready for my new ones that should be here Monday.

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I installed a fold and tumble seat....easy huh? Well my big ass Kenwood amp was mounted under the old seat and after looking everywhere for a place to remount it ,with no luck,decided to take it out of the system. Wrong!
I removed everything including the power from the battery. re wired the 4 speakers up to the Alpine radio and looked for the speaker leads out of the radio.there aren't any...after an internet search,I found out this radio has no internal amp,so back to square one. Remounted the amp on the floor under the new seat and ran all the wire again.right back where I started....Just a little smarter.?:?

mhandy

Bronco Guru
Loc.
New Windsor,ny
started to turn it back into a roadster

Attachments

• DSCN0203.jpg
    DSCN0203.jpg
    100.8 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0201.jpg
    DSCN0201.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 20
  • DSCN0200.jpg
    DSCN0200.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 20

NavyBronco66

Loc.
San Antonio
Today the bronco got the hardtop painted and mounted windows and window componets put back into the doors full bench seat in the front and rear bench for the back installed fixed the wiring so the lights and gauges all work and installed heater box and wired it all up added vacume fuel pump for wthe vacume windshiled wipers getting the bronco back to factory slowly