• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
put the 4runner back in the garage. replacing the garage door opener tomorrow and moving the bronco to the far side of the garage. Hopefully get some parts pressure washed and painted tomorrow as well.

wdbowers

Loc.
Ada, Ok
disassemble the full width 9" housing to get it ready to install, checked out the 435 transmission to make sure it was useable and cleaned them both up.

markperry

Bronco Guru
Replaced the rear pinion seal
Replaced the front drive shaft
Replaced the power steering pump
Replaced the D44 cover gasket.....so far no drips on the garage floor;D

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
That looks awesome!

I went with the F series 7.3 liter diesel lower hose and a '68 GTO with a 400cid upper hose. With some creative trimming and two 15° bent 1-3/4" exhaust pipes, it was made to work...but your install looks SO much better...

Thanks for the tip on the GTO hose for the upper! Gonna see if I can find that tomorrow and hopefully get this thing running. :)

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
I worked on it for 12+ hours today...got the fan wired with a remote switch for the really hot days (i.e. Gore, VA) and wired up the EFI and am really stumped with why it won't run...

I have spark, fuel (78 pounds!!!) and power out to the injectors, but it looks like the plugs are dry...totally stumped. Will try again tomorrow...

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Hoping to get my oldest "16" out tomorrow, FIRST lesson in "manual" shifting in the Bronco... then I can say I took both the boys out for their first driving lessons for a manual in the bronco.

markperry

Bronco Guru
Hoping to get my oldest "16" out tomorrow, FIRST lesson in "manual" shifting in the Bronco... then I can say I took both the boys out for their first driving lessons for a manual in the bronco.

Dave, do you happen to have a neck brace? You might want to take it with ya;D

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Got it all checked out and started packing my stuff into it for the road trip tomorrow to Albany Ga. to work. So far all is well.

Moved the frame into my work area & checked it for twisting. The LHF body mount is bent back & down, but overall, it seems pretty straight.
I think that body mount is like that from the factory to clear the steering box. Before you do anything to it you might want to compare it to another.

Attachments

• ebframe.jpg
    ebframe.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 16

Fredly1

Started to wirewheel the floor to get ready to line it. Have done some searching and it seems pretty split on the different types of liner and application.

What's best to put on the bare metal before the liner?????

remi1566

66 motor work..

got my 66 motor back together today..just waiting on the stainless vacuum lines that inline tube is making reproductions of same thing I did on the 67 last summer...hopefully I'll be able to pick those up tomorrow...oh they are making templets from mine so you will be able to buy them in metal or stainless in the near future...they are local here over in Shelby township, MI

Attachments

• IMG_0095.jpg
    IMG_0095.jpg
    116.5 KB · Views: 17
  • IMG_0096.jpg
    IMG_0096.jpg
    120.9 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 13

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Charging the battery to get ready to try and fire it up! Have to admit that I will be nervous until I hear her come to life. :-[