• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Steve83

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Memphis, TN, USA, Earth, Milky Way
I think that body mount is like that from the factory to clear the steering box. Before you do anything to it you might want to compare it to another.
It's angled rearward from the factory, but this one was rotated & drooping below the line of the frame. I've already straightened it using a bottle jack against the panhard bar bracket, but it still angles back like it should.

BTW
I drew the diagram you posted, and it has errors. I'm going to be measuring this frame to correct & complete that diagram.

Dano 407

Loc.
The Orange Groves
I got the thing back from the body guy on Saturday. He installed the new inner front sheet metal for me. He says its a no brainer from here, but it looks rough. Kinda like viewing dental work half way through....

I cleaned the trans and the Cold Duck cases from years of grease and crap for about four hours.

I have lots of drivetrain items looming with parts on the floor; rear discs, 31 spline setup and frame cleaning. I also need to reinstall the cage to make sure it fits after the body guy's "plastic surgery", and add gussets and make an allowance for shoulder belts.

It will be a busy few weeks in June.

ghost66

Bronco Guru
Took the top off the green 66 and washed it for the first time, still ugly but it runs great.

76MaBronco

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Massachusetts
Wired the remote jumper cable connector to the rear, started to fab up the rear tire mount, fabbed and mounted the gas pedal for the EFI cable, removed the drivers seat, cut out more flooring for the twin sticks, took the top off for more light in the body, installed the missing bearing retainer on the front driveshaft, mounted an in-cab winch control switch on the dash, pissed, moaned, b!tched, busted several knuckles.

JDJ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Dothan
nothing......:cry: i need to get started installing my EFI, power steering, explorer serpt., buy or build a bumper, and install my new warn winch....

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
cleaned/painted the intake. moved it to the far side of the garage, put the 4runner in next to it.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Wired the remote jumper cable connector to the rear, started to fab up the rear tire mount, fabbed and mounted the gas pedal for the EFI cable, removed the drivers seat, cut out more flooring for the twin sticks, took the top off for more light in the body, installed the missing bearing retainer on the front driveshaft, mounted an in-cab winch control switch on the dash, pissed, moaned, b!tched, busted several knuckles.

Sounds like one of my typical days! LOL!!! ;D Well, at least the last sentence does. :cool:

BRONCOchild

Bronco Guru
re-installed the recharged battery and drove it around town for a bit. then, garaged it again until next weekend!

Ethansdad73

Bronco Guru
Had to post to get past the 666 posting, but check out
my thread and you will see what did
Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

Tito

CB Fire Starter
Loc.
Bakersfield, CA
First fam cruise with the new makeover including tires wheels, paint, and matching seats!!!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306898234.949910.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1306898234.949910.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 47

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
I ordered a K&N air cleaner from Duffs and picked up a Thule MOAB basket off CL. I need a 2nd job!!! or just cancel my internet!

thomasmatthew

Loc.
richmond
still working on the harness ,ran the dome light ,speaker wires, and the power wire for the seat( I know power seats dont belong in a bronco but no seats came with it and I found some sweet black leather 07 mustang seats for way cheaper than the stuff from them catalogs) also getting my cage ready to go to the powder coat dude