• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I few other Bronco guys and I drove mine to lunch today.:cool:

Attachments

• Bronco Lunch.jpg
    Bronco Lunch.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 36

Bubbaluv

Loc.
Agoura Hills, CA
I finished replacing the door handles and locks over the weekend then drove her up the coast with a buddy of mine from Seattle who was down for the Rose Bowl. My new ignition switch should be in from WH today or tomorrow so this weekend will be swapping that out and find the short in my stereo system.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
walked by the beast headed out to work.. smelling that carbon monoxide or something.. gotta check that out.

chuzie

Bronco Guru
Went to chase down a vacuum leak and, in the process, noticed a strange noise coming from the transmission. It was making a whining / loping metal on metal sound. I found the transmission had separated from the bell housing by about 1/4". I pressed up on the bottom of the pan and the noise went away. I guess it was all that stress on the shaft and bearings causing the noise.

Anyway, I suspect it was caused by one of the bellhousing to tansmission bolts that came loose last year I and I had to bore a hole in the bell housing to fish it out before it destroyed the converter. Either they were all loose and bound to come out in the first place or the missing 6th bolt allowed the others to come loose too.

I removed the transmission last night and fixed the issue with locktite. Oh how I had forgotten how miserable it is to remove that transmission without a transmission jack and an extra hand.

Can't wait to do it all again for the 4R70W this spring. I think I will snag a proper jack though!

BTW- Changed the rear main seal while I was in there since it has to be done with the flexplate removed.

tasker

Contributor
all knowing of nothing
Loc.
NH
stripped and painted my front 44 housing. Real nice here today and hoping to get more done outside

mudstud

Contributor
Bronco Bonehead
Loc.
Excel
Listen to mine run this afternoon. It has not cranked it in a while. It is still sitting waiting on someone to finish the full width install;D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
added some extra storage

not the best picture...

f6a6dde3.jpg

Hopkins85

Loc.
Wheeeling, WV
Well last night while driving the lights in my gauge cluster went out so I naturally gave the cluster a love tap. But the glass shattered.. So today I replaced the glass and tracked down the light issue. Turns out the fuse just didn't have good contact

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
oh, and I have a leaking rear axle seal :(

new shocks to go on as well, went with monroe magnum, the price was right and reviews seemed good for stock height.

also picked up the bolts for my rear seats!

Last edited: