• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

73azbronco

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Today, finished repairing exhaust manifold, new studs in after going though a few bits prior to tapping for studs only to realize I was breaking my bits on someone Else's previously broken drill bit.

Holly 1946 rebuilt and de-smogged for daily driver use. Hacked off EGR bracket, JB weld is your friend and sealed off the leak. I suspect the EGR plate was bleeding lots of air and leaning mixture resulting in no power because it sure wasn't sealing anything from passing to the manifold. Reconfigured dizzy vacuum to ported instead of direct. Set timing to 6-8 deb instead of something like 20 ish... Now it idles beautifully but makes this strange ticking noise in the exhaust, think I have a lose hanger or such, all for the week, back to work to pay for it all.

Last edited:

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Finally got the tires aired back up... debatable if I need to air down to back out of the garage, lol

broncokak

Bronco Guru
Not what I did...it's what I didn't do! Goofed up big time. I didn't clean the ice and snow off the windshield after the last storm. I only swept off the soft top. Today my local Fire Department had a call for a guy X country sking having chest pains on the trail about a 1/2 mile form pavement. I should have taken the time to clear the windshield and taken the Bronco. We could have got the med kit to him much sooner and I could have got some snow wheeling in for a good cause.

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Not what I did...it's what I didn't do! Goofed up big time. I didn't clean the ice and snow off the windshield after the last storm. I only swept off the soft top. Today my local Fire Department had a call for a guy X country sking having chest pains on the trail about a 1/2 mile form pavement. I should have taken the time to clear the windshield and taken the Bronco. We could have got the med kit to him much sooner and I could have got some snow wheeling in for a good cause.

Sheet happens man, no worries. Happens to the best of us.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Remove the toolbox and bedrails, removed the gas tank, installed my rear seats, partially installed my new to me soft top, reinstalled the gas tank. I hate the gas tank, glad I have a 1" body lift so I could reconnect the fuel sender wire after I had bolted the tank back in.