• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

fordfan

Bronco Guru
Got my 37s on. Now I've got to figure what clearence issues I have.

Man! that Bronco looks completely different! Looks great. One little thing...You must be planning on going backward through the rough stuff..Are the tires on backwards? can you swap sides?

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Started it up, it wouldn't idle except with the choke pulled out. It did the same thing a few days ago. Took the top off the carb tore the gasket. Started reading about carbs, decided it has a Ford 1100. Called Autozone and they have one but closed at 8pm. Will deal with it tomorrow.

Revelation

Bronco Guru
Hey Rev, ya finally home?
Just for a week, Heading back to Pa. early Sat. morning, I do have a job interview tomorrow over in Perry. Would be a good job, closer to home yet close enough to Albany to go up there wheelin, Next run Imma wear my new Key overalls and my pink shirt!

Pa PITT

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Stephenville TEXAS
Now here's an odd one.. I planted 20 acres of RYE Grass Seed with my Bronco this morning.. I put the seed in the hopper box that is the same box I use to spread corn out for deer hunting. Opened the vent and spread out the seed over the acreage. I ran at idle in 2nd gear and high side of the transfer case.. When I wanted to check the box I simply went to low range transfer and 1st gear in the NP435.. Stepped out of the Bronco left it running across the field I got out and walked beside the Box open the lid and had a look see. Oh the seeder has like a heater motor under it .. And a 12V on off switch.
.. Took about 3 hours. More comfortable than my tractor.

Wyflyer

Bronco Guru
Now here's an odd one.. I planted 20 acres of RYE Grass Seed with my Bronco this morning.. I put the seed in the hopper box that is the same box I use to spread corn out for deer hunting. Opened the vent and spread out the seed over the acreage. I ran at idle in 2nd gear and high side of the transfer case.. When I wanted to check the box I simply went to low range transfer and 1st gear in the NP435.. Stepped out of the Bronco left it running across the field I got out and walked beside the Box open the lid and had a look see. Oh the seeder has like a heater motor under it .. And a 12V on off switch.
.. Took about 3 hours. More comfortable than my tractor.

That sounds like fun. I come from farm roots, still like the ingenuity. Funny thing, out on the farm i've fed uncountable tons of hay to cows by letting the truck crawl in granny while jumping on the back and bustin bales.
But now, in the corporate environment we'd write someone up for that.
Give em heck

coupe66

Loc.
Cedar Park Tx
Worked on getting the new project rolling again .

After replacing all the basic ignition and fuel parts I got my new project 66 (The Ugly One) runnung .
Today i was working on replacing the rear axle bearings and re installing all the rear drum brake parts . i also started running the new aluminum tube fuel line and brake lines .

Next i will start to take out the Dana 30 and replace it with the Dana 44 with disc brakes .;D

Attachments

• DSC06390.jpg
    DSC06390.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 29
  • DSC06389.jpg
    DSC06389.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 22
  • DSC06387.jpg
    DSC06387.jpg
    86.4 KB · Views: 20
  • DSC06388.jpg
    DSC06388.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 22
Last edited:

DuctTape

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Bozeman, MT
Wasted 3 hrs trying to extend my rear frame horns with scrap lying around.

Spent 2 hrs futzing with routing wiring harness on top of bed and got 'er done up to driver's door.

Stared at my fan setup and wondered how long it will take before the water pump slashes into one of my electric fans.

Finally figured out how I am going to mount my drivers side front seat.

stout22

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Athens, AL
Man! that Bronco looks completely different! Looks great. One little thing...You must be planning on going backward through the rough stuff..Are the tires on backwards? can you swap sides?

I didn't pay any attention to tire direction. No harm cause they have to come off for me to do some clearence work.

Mountain Ram

Contributor
Recovering Masshole
Loc.
Abingdon, VA
No work on it today... I looked at it and got inspiration to order 5 new tires.

37x14.5 R15 Toyo Open Country MT... I hope my weak 5 liter can push them...

Todd

JefeAZ

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Tucson
Mounted the aux tank, electric valve, ran/bent fuel lines, ran electrical to the new switch, removed/cleaned the fresh air intake and a new layer of paint on it. Got stuck on the filler neck and the vent line. Too thick of hose to bend that much.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
wanted to install my new spacers, but I was too tired :(. Figured out I have a kayline soft top, not Bestop.

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
What, no pics?

Here are the pics i promised. It finally stopped raining here. New chrome bumpers, hella lights, and 5.5" wildhorses leafs...

DSC05555.jpg

DSC05554.jpg

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
Looks great!!!!

Do you like the top, I just acquired an old kayline.

Thanks!

I do like the top, it is very tight and not much wind noise when driving, but not very water tight. I have to throw a tarp over it when it rains. It leaks around the doors a good bit and a little on the sides of the tailgate. I am trying to find a hard top right now, still looking. I just like the look of a hartop better, but I am sure the soft top will be the way to go in the summer.

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I just watched the Wild Horses You Tube video of how to replace a key cylinder in the ignition (been years since I actually did it and wanted a refresher) and then ran out to my truck in the parking lot during lunch and swapped it out with the Scott Drake unit I got in the mail yesterday from Jeff's. Works like a charm! ;D

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
scored a pair of BFG A/Ts with good tread for $100

I really need to sell some more stuff...Wife is gonna start getting pissed.

5F35P55Hf3Lf3Nd3Hbc1pb0314b70e4491a50.jpg

5L45K15H63Kb3G33Lfc1p96c2171b0f21161d.jpg