• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Thanks guys. Here are a few shots I took of it in the sun that really makes it shine:

I want to get the new stripes on it, but I think it looks kinda cool with the faded stripes as it is for now. Problem is that I waxed her up real good and will need to strip the wax and use a heat gun to get the old stripes off before installing the new ones....... not a project I want to take time for now as I am having too much fun driving it around. Maybe before Super Celebration in April should be my goal.

Man that really cleaned up nice. Replace the stripes and that thing would look new.;D

Attachments

• new bronco in the sun.jpg
    new bronco in the sun.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 38
  • New Image_2.jpg
    New Image_2.jpg
    132.4 KB · Views: 40
  • New Image_3.jpg
    New Image_3.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 33

gnsteam

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Lincoln NE
Very nice Mac2Night.:cool::cool: What did you use to buff it out? Sure made a big difference. What a good find, sound like your enjoying it.

Fred

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
I just used a Meguiar's Ultimate Compound (all hand applied as I don't have a buffer), wiped it off with a microfiber towel and then applied Meguiar's Cleaner Wax (not their best stuff but it works well IMO for a daily driver).

Needing some touch up work on the top (couple of places the size of a half dollar that paint is peeled off) before I wax the full top.

Very nice Mac2Night.:cool::cool: What did you use to buff it out? Sure made a big difference. What a good find, sound like your enjoying it.

Fred

Attachments

• ultimate compound.jpg
    ultimate compound.jpg
    37.2 KB · Views: 8
  • wax.jpg
    wax.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 4

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Finally found my darn wheel spacers. Scouring the internet looking for 1" spacers 5x5.5 to 5x5.5, took me two weeks to chase em down. $66 to my door. I'll be selling a pair of 2" spacers with metric studs if anyone is interested.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Not to it, but I used to to jump the neighbor. Finally met her after living here for 5 years...yes there were jumper cables involved, no it wasn't the fun kind of jump :)

73stallion

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Eugene, OR
aftre work, gonna take the tarp off it and move it to higher ground under cover. we're supposed to get hammered with rain this weekend....

fordguy

Contributor
Bronco Guru
started hanging the 2.5 inch wh springs, but forgot i had to drill out the rear frame hangers for my new upgraded bc shackles. hope to get springs in place and rear end hung on the springs, then to the front end. at least i a going forward. waiting to hear back on borrowing a rotisserie, so i can continue body work.

mattyq17

Bronco Guru
Got the passenger floor pan from Toms and am fitting it in, hope to have it in this weekend....if the rain doesnt show up

bsquared

Contributor
Finished an aluminum tunnel cover after having to hack it for the ZF shifter. Had some damaged material from a jobsite as the "donor" material. Note the louvers that were cut into the original cover. I kinda like em.

One company's trash = my Bronco fixin treasure!

Attachments

• Tunnel1.JPG
    Tunnel1.JPG
    70.9 KB · Views: 36
  • ShroudScrap.JPG
    ShroudScrap.JPG
    97.4 KB · Views: 36
  • TunnelCover1.JPG
    TunnelCover1.JPG
    102.7 KB · Views: 46
  • TunnelCover2.JPG
    TunnelCover2.JPG
    91.2 KB · Views: 40

jdmustang82

Loc.
houghton lake, MI
The question isn't what i did to my bronco, But what i did WITH my bronco lol
had to pull a truck twice the size of mine today because the battery was dead lol
this makes the 3rd dodge this month i have had to pull
CIMG0670.jpg
CIMG0671.jpg

CIMG0672.jpg

crews44

Loc.
Mullica Hill, NJ
Finished my tunnel cover over the ZF and NP205. I made it from a piece of 3/16" aluminum sheet. I think it turned out great and matched the other accents in the interior.

2012-01-17_20-37-53_43.jpg

Mac2Night

Bronco Guru
Just placed an order to JBG for a passenger side mirror, grill FORD decal and new ignition cylinder (key is not turning smoothly).

Also anxiously awaiting FEDEX delivery of my new tan Tuffy console that I hope to get and install over the weekend. ;D

phred

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Loc.
Earth
Drove it for the first time since October. Been too busy working on other stuff to enjoy it.

craigaria

Loc.
Monroe, GA
Yesterday I mounted my new bumpers (stock chrome). Today I mounted two hella off road lights on the front bumper. Still need to wire it up though. Waiting for my leaf springs to get here and it will be back on the road this weekend.

lonesouth

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Yesterday I mounted my new bumpers (stock chrome). Today I mounted two hella off road lights on the front bumper. Still need to wire it up though. Waiting for my leaf springs to get here and it will be back on the road this weekend.

What, no pics?