• Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

What have you done to your Bronco today?

Pedestrian

Bronco Missionary
68:Installed a big bearing rear end, added 31 spline axles, a Detroit locker, larger brakes, replaced the too short brake line, replaced both motor mounts, replaced broken leaf spring, replaced pinion seal, replaced too short E-brake cable.
79: installed a Sterling 10.25, removed front bumper

miikee73

Shadetree Guru
Loc.
Aloha
Looks like a good time. So jealous. no bronco people around me! (yet)

1. Is this an exclusive Brothers Four club?
2. If / when we move up there, will you promise me I'll never see this view of Dan!?!

JimsBL4.jpg
You could be included in the group.....But you might want to ask Dan about the initiation. Did you see the smile on his face in the second pic? Jet handles that part.

ilovemaui

Bronco Guru
Loc.
Pacific Moist West
The Brothers Four got together today to help Jim put in a 1" BL. Miikee grabbin some beers, Jim on the crawler, Dan gets the awkward position award, BL went in with no issues, looked more like 2" when done.

Very nice. It's the Amish way. I'm thinking Jim's rig looks very good with a little lift.

JimAndA72

Loc.
Beaverton, Oregon
Here's a few more pics from during and after the body lift. Gave her a bath after you guys left, too.. Thanks again for all the help. Mikee provided the one jack out of about 5 that enabled us to get the job done. Broncowie had some necessary lumber in his EB. Dan was the monkey climbing around inside the rig and feeding the bolts from the inside through the floorboard because I wanted to keep the doors closed while the body was off the frame. The whole job took less than 3 hours. I had the body mounts replaced a couple years ago, so we didn't have to fight any rusty bolts. This body lift took care of several nagging issues with my rig. Was well worth the effort. Now I just need to fabricate a spacer to fill the gap between my tailgate and bumper. I have a design in my head. Should get it done in the next couple weeks.

Attachments

• 2012-05-27 13.37.10.jpg
    2012-05-27 13.37.10.jpg
    75.1 KB · Views: 32
  • 2012-05-27 13.37.32.jpg
    2012-05-27 13.37.32.jpg
    79.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 2012-05-27 20.07.04.jpg
    2012-05-27 20.07.04.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 34
  • 2012-05-27 20.56.58.jpg
    2012-05-27 20.56.58.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 33

LTL4life

Loc.
The FROZEN TURDRA
Here's a few more pics from during and after the body lift. Gave her a bath after you guys left, too.. Thanks again for all the help. Mikee provided the one jack out of about 5 that enabled us to get the job done. Broncowie had some necessary lumber in his EB. Dan was the monkey climbing around inside the rig and feeding the bolts from the inside through the floorboard because I wanted to keep the doors closed while the body was off the frame. The whole job took less than 3 hours. I had the body mounts replaced a couple years ago, so we didn't have to fight any rusty bolts. This body lift took care of several nagging issues with my rig. Was well worth the effort. Now I just need to fabricate a spacer to fill the gap between my tailgate and bumper. I have a design in my head. Should get it done in the next couple weeks.

Black rims on Black Bronco looks great!

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Dan upgraded his bumpers so I bought his old ones and receiver to replace what he calls "that big shovel" hanging off the back of my bronco. Been wantin to do this for years. Will get started today.

DSCN2158.jpg

Justafordguy

Bronco Guru
I noticed that my sending unit on the rear tank is leaking fuel.:mad:

I'm hoping maybe I just over filled it but probably not.

broncoitis

Bronco Guru
Drove it today some more and LOVING IT! However, it rides like a TANK! Granted, I know it is old and all but the rear suspension doesn't seem be that soft. WH 3.5 susp kit with 11 Leaf Packs? ?:?

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Pulled the Warflare off my 72 and used it to mark the new quarter panel on the 67 for cutting it. These new quarters are a lot thicker than stock, but she is now a non-LUBER again. 33" tire back on and she's ready to roll out of the garage. So close to being ready for paint.

Decided to go ahead and replace the water pump before I install the new radiator and fan. Need to locate one tomorrow.

yewhi

Loc.
San Diego
Took more than a day but finished it today. Installed sound deadener carpet, trim and seats.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338263328.852903.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338263355.849541.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338263374.806648.jpg

Last edited:

BronCowie

Contributor
Old Timer
Loc.
Vancouver, WA
Dan upgraded his bumpers so I bought his old ones and receiver to replace what he calls "that big shovel" hanging off the back of my bronco. Been wantin to do this for years. Will get started today.

DSCN2158.jpg

That was before... here is after (Thanks Dan!) Jet had to help too! :cool:

Bumpers7.jpg

and a few pics in between

Bumpers2.jpg

Bumpers3.jpg

Bumpers5.jpg

Chief Master Sergeant

Retired U.S. Air Force
Reinstalled the front fender and grill. My body work skills are lacking though. The grill isn't lining up very well on the driver's side. The PO had damaged the front left corner and I thought I had it straitened out until I put everything back on. Haven't decided if I can live with it or not yet. My wife, who will be driving it, says it looks fine, but it's bugging the crap out of me. Not going to be a show truck, but...

Bronco Junkie

So Cal Broncos
Installed new rear u-joint....and it is getting brakes. All in anticipation for the BBBB in a couple of weekends!!

Fitz24

Contributor
Bronco Guru
Last weekend but did get new adjustable trackbar installed. Was suppose to get the new WH riser bracket installed but my welder had a late night out and didn't show. Had to keep drop bracket for now. Also ditched my temp air manifold for OBA system and built a cleaner setup. Will get pix later. Shipping company picked it up today for delivery to PIttsburgh. Hope she makes it safely.