• Just a reminder that you won't be able to start new posts or reply to existings posts in the Archive forum.

This is where all the old posts go so they can still be used for reference and searched.
  • Welcome to ClassicBroncos! - You are currently viewing the forums as a GUEST. To take advantage of all the site features, please take a moment to register. It's fast, simple and absolutely free. So please join our community today!
    If you have problems registering or can't log into your account, please contact Admin.

Fawl Crawl! Harlan KY Oct 9 & 10 - Pics/Vids Start Page 4!

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
You are invited to MEB's annual Fawl Crawl event to be held Oct 9 & 10 at the Black Mountain ORV Park in Harlan KY. Please plan to join us for wheeling at one of the East Coast's premier new wheeling destinations. This will be the 3rd year that MEB has hosted the Fawl Crawl in Harlan and the trails get better each year. The Fawl Crawl is a low-key event where the goal is simply to get in the best 2 days of wheeling that we can! The Park has trails for all levels of wheeling including miles of stocker-friendly scenic dirt roads.

Event "Head Quarters" will be at the Harlan County Campground which is located at the Putney Trailhead. No driving to the trails - you're already there!

Here is more info on the MEB website -http://www.earlybroncos.com/content/09fc.html

Here is a link to the KY mountain trails of Harlan County - http://www.harlancountytrails.com/

Here is a link the Harlan County Campground - http://www.harlancountycampground.com/

One change from last year is that a fee system has been put in place by the Park to help defer their trail maintenance costs. The cost for a single vehicle for 31 days is $20 and will need to be purchased before you enter the park. Other fee options are detailed here - http://www.harlancountytrails.com/rules.php

Because of the new fee system, MEB will not be asking for donations for trail maintenance as we have in the past. But please be prepared to donate a small amount to help out your trail guide with gas! We have asked a few members of the local KY Mountain Crawlers to help guide again this year.

Harlan County and the towns of Harlan, Everts and Putney are all 4X4-friendly and they welcome wheelers into their community. If you have not been there, you will really enjoy the wheeling, the scenary and the local hospitality!

Here are some pics from previous Fawl Crawls in Harlan -

Attachments

• PA090271 S.jpg
    PA090271 S.jpg
    224.6 KB · Views: 53
  • PA100286 S.jpg
    PA100286 S.jpg
    192.1 KB · Views: 73
  • PA100296 S.jpg
    PA100296 S.jpg
    276.4 KB · Views: 23
  • PA110310 S.jpg
    PA110310 S.jpg
    202.4 KB · Views: 32
  • DSC03437.jpg
    DSC03437.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 38
  • DSC03449.jpg
    DSC03449.jpg
    124.2 KB · Views: 16
  • DSC03509.jpg
    DSC03509.jpg
    185.1 KB · Views: 48
  • DSC03502.jpg
    DSC03502.jpg
    102 KB · Views: 60
Last edited:

bmc69

Contributor
Bronco Guru
All I need to do is swap out the rear springs on teh trail rig for a new set (note: Oz-408s really mangle rear leaf springs over time) ..find and fix the 'wobble' in the front end of the tow rig...fix the rear dif on Filly's '79 Bronc ..and we're ready to roll.%)

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
We'll be there, leaving home on Oct 8. Anyone want to meet up on I-81 heading south from No. Virginia? Scoop and I usually run together, and more would be welcome.

If you haven't been to Black Mtn and the Harlan area, its alot of fun, and worth the trip. You don't have to be a hard-core wheeler to have a good time, and the scenery in October is awesome!

chris

No more Rock Crawler
Won't make it again this year. Maybe next year. %)

ep67bro

Contributor
Bronco Junky
Loc.
Easton, MD
Cant make it!! Just dont have the money and the kids have sports. Some day I will make it looks like a great time.

SpareParts

Bronco Guru
I'll have to make this one one day, just not enough money and can't seem to make the decision to skip OCBR to have the money.

Maybe next year?

David

msweb

Bronco Guru
Well, it's looking like I won't make OCBR and the Fawl Crawl was my back-up plan.... It'll be mid-October before the engine is rebuilt and back in. Does it count if I show up with my 4-wheeler? It's the same color as my Bronco and likes to climb over rocks... %)

Attachments

• 100_3688.jpg
    100_3688.jpg
    231.4 KB · Views: 29

cesco

I guess I should start working on my junk.. I made reservations at the MT Arie Hotel...

ransil

Bronco Guru
Well, it's looking like I won't make OCBR and the Fawl Crawl was my back-up plan.... It'll be mid-October before the engine is rebuilt and back in. Does it count if I show up with my 4-wheeler? It's the same color as my Bronco and likes to climb over rocks... %)

bring it

OP
OP
Scoop

Scoop

Contributor
Have Bronco, Will Travel
Loc.
Cuchara, CO
Just spoke to Steve at the Harlan County Campground. Still plenty of campsites available but the cabins are starting to fill up. Better get those reservations in! Post up if you're coming. ;D

cesco

I'm out.. to many other things going on and I haven't had time to get mine put back together. waiting on some parts and I ended up doing some things that were unexpected, not out of the normal for me.. but hopefully I will end up with a stronger drive train this time around.

oh yeah, ransil, I had to refresh my tranny.... thanks for the spare parts

sprdv1

Contributor
REBEL
Cant make it!! Just dont have the money and the kids have sports. Some day I will make it looks like a great time.

Same boat for me, been an expensive year w/other junk to pay for.. :(

Roadburner

I tried to reserve a cabin this morning and they are all booked. Looks like I'll be tent'in it. Going to arrive Thurs afternoon.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I tried to reserve a cabin this morning and they are all booked. Looks like I'll be tent'in it. Going to arrive Thurs afternoon.

Hey, it will be great to have you there at last! You can cook/eat with us at the RVs. We'll have fridge space available too if you need it!

TTTGOWYO

Tyler T. - EB Obsessed
Loc.
Louisville
I will start working on the wife now :) I need to get my Bronco ready but this is an event I have always wanted to go to. Hope to see you all there.

Pearlcoat

Contributor
Bronco Guru
I will start working on the wife now :) I need to get my Bronco ready but this is an event I have always wanted to go to. Hope to see you all there.

Bring the wife, there are lots of other women there. Its a fun weekend with no stress (uh, unless you break something!).